LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly hope Adam becomes jealous :D

Good job there mate. Only thing jumping out at me is the thighs. Aren't they a tab bit to dark? Other than that its spectacular.

I think your right. I will be going over the whole suit to color match things up once its completed. It's hard to deal with the darkness/brightness of each piece when I'm doing them one at a time.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As for Adam... Naw... I think its the otherway around. I'm honestly jealous of HIS suit! His suit is one of the few that gives me inspiration and motivation and a goal to meet.

GREAT WORK!

Good to see another British Columbian, hard at work. Im in the GVRD, let me know if you need a weapon ;)

Sweet! I'll keep you in mind when I need one. I do have a preorder for Lee's H3 Sniper.

It's the SixSixOne pressure suit. The bottoms are Crash Pads. The link is in one of my prev posts.

You know, I'd rather have the armor, dress up in it, get my picture taken, all that stuff that inevitably should happen to Longshot, than even play Reach at all. I think this is a lot more fun. Maybe that's just me. Hey, Longshot, how much $$$ would you say you've pumped into this thing, just as a rough estimate so far?

You know, I'd rather have the armor, dress up in it, get my picture taken, all that stuff that inevitably should happen to Longshot, than even play Reach at all. I think this is a lot more fun. Maybe that's just me. Hey, Longshot, how much $$$ would you say you've pumped into this thing, just as a rough estimate so far?

LOL... I'm sure that there are many out there who would like to do the same. And I agree! I think it will be more fun. But I am still going to play Reach when time permits.

As for the $$$'s.... Let's see... Materials, shipping (from US to Canada) and a few extra helpful tools... Convert it to US dollars. I would estimate over $2000.00 <-- This also includes the computer "Cortana" that I'll be installing into the suit.

I knew way before hand that this was going to be alot of $$$'s and so far I think it is worth every penny of it.

Cheers!

Hows the chest coming along? I would love to see how it fits on you and howyou sized it!!!

Its 50% bondo'd. I'm hoping to be able to spend all day tomorrow with the rest of the Bondo/Sanding. I'm really hoping to be able to get the 1st tester coat of primer onto it. AND I'm hoping to be able to take some pics with it on me. At least that's the plan.

As for the sizing of it, check out my #119. It explains how I scaled it to my size.

Not much of an update tonight due to OT at work. Started to install the LED's into the Forearm pieces. Will save the pics of those for when I put on the chest piece for tomorrows progress update.

Cheers

i have no doubt you'll get this done in time for reach! im jealous of all the people that'll be going to the same gamestop as you.

Amazing attention to detail, clean pep work, and a clean work station to boot..... you are full of win sir

Thankyou! I really appreciate your honesty and comment. <INSPIRATION!!>

I Like the statement in your signature!

Good luck on your ODST build! I have a feeling that it will be AWESOME

Cheers!

Gotta keep this thread on the front page!!:D

LOL!!! That's funny! :)

Quick update: 75% done on the Bondo for the chest. I'd say another 3-4 hours then I can start sanding towards 1 coat of primer. If so... then I'll have plenty of time to take pics of me wearing all the pieces (except the shoulders -- no straps yet!)

Cheers!

Progress Update

Progress for Sept 6th
Almost finished with the Bondo for the Chest piece.
Got distracted with taking the "Before Primer" shots.

img00012950.jpg

The belts "Chicago Screw" Posts have been relocated to the proper place.
Now I can tighten up the belt better.
img00012955.jpg

Forearms are painted and LED's installed.
3 LED's, 1 toggle switch, 3 resistors and a 9V battery for each arm.

img00012959.jpg

Waiting for the Bondo to harden before "Finish Sanding" then Primer.
The holes on the top of the shoulders are for speakers

img00012984.jpg

Back Shot
Not much Bondo was needed on the back.
Just LOTS of care full sanding.
Holes are for LED panels and Speaker Ports

img00012985.jpg

This is what I look like under the Helm!
img00012961.jpg

Looking pretty sweet there LS ! Your going to be one bright chief, and thanks for the detail you went into with your Cod strapping helped alot :D

Finish, finish, finish, finish! I agree with whoever it was that said to keep this on the first page. Actually, everytime I log on, I come to this website, and comment, just for that reason! :p Amazing work with the build, sir. It glows a heavenly glow. ...oh, wait, those are just LED's. Oh well, easy to get them confused. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back