LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress for Sept 7th

1st test coat of primer, to see defects are areas that need work
Front chest piece is not bad.. Just a few areas that need light sanding and some Glazing/Spot putty. Otherwise the Bondo phase is done.

im000127.jpg

Its the back of the torso that's showing lots of areas that still need work. Again none of it is Bondo related. It's just Glazing/Spot putty and more sanding. Most of the sanding will be done by hand and not with the "hand sander". A lot of the "defect" areas can easily be hidden with good painting techniques, such as the valley areas.
im000126.jpg

Now I can see why most crafters choose to go with a battle damage theme. Its easier to dress up the defective areas as battle damage.
In any case I'll just deal with the touch up areas and then move on. I know that I can come back and deal with the "Perfectionism" at a later date.
im000124.jpg

This will be about it for the updates for the next 36 hours or so as I have to earn some $$$ for today and tomorrow. Then I'm free to go into marathon mode until the release of Reach.

Cheers!

Amazing work and I am really liking how you have done the LEDs on the armor. I have been going back and forth on whether I want to add some to mine, but you have sold me on slowly adding them (hitting the major ones first). I may have missed a picture that showed this, but is the frosted panel attached inside the armor for a recessed look or is it flush? I am hoping you say recessed because I hated trying to do this flush on an unrelated costume ;)

Amazing work and I am really liking how you have done the LEDs on the armor. I have been going back and forth on whether I want to add some to mine, but you have sold me on slowly adding them (hitting the major ones first). I may have missed a picture that showed this, but is the frosted panel attached inside the armor for a recessed look or is it flush? I am hoping you say recessed because I hated trying to do this flush on an unrelated costume ;)

I have noticed a few crafters starting to do the same, right after I showed mine off. Totally funny!

It is definitly recessed. I had thought about doing it flush but then I could not maximize the use the light being emitted from the LED's. Got better light emission from aiming the LED at the side of the frosted glass.

Cheers!

Ok, so now, I'm really excited. That chest piece is gonna be awesome. Lol, you should get the Halo 1-3 soundtracks and play them from your stereo suit while you're at the game store. The might ask you to stay and help promote the game!! Lol, that would be awesome. anyway, just an idea. good luck with all the rest of your work. Keep the inspiration flowing!

Progress Update

Progress for Sept 9th - Quick update

Base coat of Oregano Satin is done. I'll be black washing this in-between bondoing of the Shoulder and Helm pieces.

im000129.jpg

More updates to come.

Cheers.

Hey, don't wear yourself out though! Take breaks, think things through! You have plenty of time! ;)

Excellent advice! Yes I do take breaks... It's required so that I can let my creative side develop and digest ideas.

Cheers!

hey you made it out of the noob section, congrats! I never got my WIP out of there, haha.

hey you made it out of the noob section, congrats! I never got my WIP out of there, haha.

SWEET! And I did not even ask for it.

Break update:

Bondoing of the Helm has started (I'd say its at 20%). Right Shoulder is 90% Bondo'd. Left Shoulder is 20% Bondo'd

Added Parachute clips to the Thigh pieces. It's way easier to get in and out of them now.

im000131.jpg

Yay!!!! I'm no longer a NOOB!

Cheers!

Quick update/decision to make

OK... So I was Bondoing away when I came upon another important decision to make.
This decision was about adding LED's panels to the back of the helm.
I had been eyeing 2 spots that were begging to be converted.
As you can see... I made my decision and made the holes for the pannels.

im000133.jpg

Cheers!

Dinner break - Progress update
Bondo for the helm is at about 70% Then I can go to the higher grit.

im000134.jpg

It's a mess.... I know. Keep in mind that this pepped item was my very 1st pep. It needs a lot of work.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back