Looking to buy a life-sized Battlerifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable Player

This website was suggested to me as I am looking to buy a life-sized (and to-scale) Battlerifle and Gravity Hammer.
I have seen them on the Xbox 'Inside Xbox' videos etc, and I understand they are unique but if anybody could point me in the right direction so I can get my hands on one (Prefferably the BR) that would be great.
Thanks.

Well, I make weapon props and it's not too difficult. If you want, I could make a pretty hi-def battle rifle pep file for you, or you could get the one from here

You can go buy resin or plaster or whatever is suggested for the BR, but as for the grav hammer, I'm pretty sure no one has made that yet... I can do a pep file if you want... ;)

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is a PEP file one of the "blueprints" for making one?

I would be in no posistion to make one as I dont have the resources and it would not be a professional job.

The grav-hammer is not so much 'wanted/needed' but the BR would look pretty epic on my bedroom wall.

Obviously, a good job would have to be done, and with pretty much exact detail.
The wiki website link you provided, would they make one for you or are they just the 'blueprints' for them?
Cheers.

Contact Dogwizard about the Gravity Hammer but not sure who to talk to about the BR. Not sure if DW is still selling Grav Hammers or not only way to know is ask him.

On this website you have to reach a certain seniority before you are allowed to access the classifieds section of the forums. About 100 posts.

Both of these props will be VERY expensive, with a BR costing around $300 but can go higher. A gravity hammer will cost even more. It would make more sense to build them yourself, it would cost far less and be built EXACTLY the way you want it.

The person to go to for Battle rifles is LeeKeegan, though availability depends on how many he has, and if he is selling At the moment. We have had problems with recasters, so we prefer only to sell to experienced members.

good luck,

-Devious

The link on the Wiki site of the files for the Halo armor and weapons all you need is Cardstock paper, a printer ,an exacto or scissors, fiberglass resin and cloth or fiberglass mat, bondo (if you are doing armor it is recommended but if you are doing a weapon it is optional), sandpaper and paint.

On this website you have to reach a certain seniority before you are allowed to access the classifieds section of the forums. About 100 posts.

Both of these props will be VERY expensive, with a BR costing around $300 but can go higher. A gravity hammer will cost even more. It would make more sense to build them yourself, it would cost far less and be built EXACTLY the way you want it.

The person to go to for Battle rifles is LeeKeegan, though availability depends on how many he has, and if he is selling At the moment. We have had problems with recasters, so we prefer only to sell to experienced members.

good luck,

-Devious

Are these people users on the website? I shall note down who is who.
As for the price, as long as it is a good model I wouldnt mind paying a high price. It would most likley be this time next year though, but it would give me time to get to know these forums and get experiance etc.

I tryed editing my first post, but it wouldnt work, so here is the edit I was going to add:

Gosh, my other post in the noob forum was deleted. It seems these kind of posts are not allowed.
Sorry!
I was told to come here fro the bungie forum, but it seems it isnt the right place for what I want.

Its a bit annoying as I have seen the props on the videos from xbox (obviosly they are going to be unique) but it would be great to have one for my self.

The link on the Wiki site of the files for the Halo armor and weapons all you need is Cardstock paper, a printer ,an exacto or scissors, fiberglass resin and cloth or fiberglass mat, bondo (if you are doing armor it is recommended but if you are doing a weapon it is optional), sandpaper and paint.

Is there an approximate price tag for these materials, and an online shop/ (UK) shops that I could visit to get it?

Hey Cable Player, welcome to the forums, and glad to see you at least investigating building your own instead of just buying. If you want to learn, head on over to the creation discussion forum, especially the "Pepakura and Cardboard Armor" section. There are some great stickies/tutorial posts on there for how to build this stuff (we just moved forum systems, so things are still a bit of a mess though). This site is more about making cool stuff and helping people make their own cool stuff than selling armor and props. Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

As for specifics on where/what to buy in the UK, I can't help you with the specifics, but we do have quite a few members on your side of the pond who have made some really cool stuff, and I know all the materials should be available locally.

There is a UK members section in the 405th discussion section of the forums that will help you find the required materials. Armor making really isn't all that hard, as you will see, and the end result is very rewarding. There are many different methods of construction, you don't need many tools to make something great, only a few good ones.

To make a full suit of halo armor it can cost around $150, but can cost more or less deoending in how detailed you want it. Weapons can be built from pepakura, cardboard, metal, or my favorite; Wood. Many of the best weapons built here are of wood, and all you need are a good jig saw, file, drill, and some knives and chisels.

If you need help in the construction of weapons, feel free to PM or email me i8sludgie@yahoo.ca, and I will help you to the best of my ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back