• No...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

23Magnum

The song is listed "LvUrFR3NZ" by Princeton at www.halo3ost.com.

What do you think of the contest winners?

I really sort of don't think the song fits in with Halo and should of had a harder sound to it, but that's just my opinion.
Though, the more I listen to it, the more I sort of like it.

I love the rest of the songs, of course.

What do you guys and girls think?

PS - If you haven't heard it yet, you can hear the sample of it at the above mentioned site.

EDIT:
So, I went to Princeton's MySpace to see if the rest of their songs were any good(which, by the way, only one other song on their page was really any good), and I found that they have their song that made the Halo 3 Soundtrack Album was listed as "Ki11UrFR3NZ". This of course makes more sense after listening to the song's lyrics. I guess Bungie didn't like their song title...damn censorship people.

-Magnum

much better than I could ever do, but ... well, sounds very ... fan-made - not much production value.

Very cool that they made it onto the soundtrack though.

anyways, love the music... hate the lyrics/singing.

Gotta agree with Adam, the music was not bad, didn't like the voice track so much. Definitely could have been a heavier genre, I loved the Breaking Benjamin songs on H2 soundtrack, did not like the Incubus weird jamming jazzy stuff.

I was certainly hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this way about this song. I sort of wish we could hear all the other bands that tried out for the spot on the album. Maybe then, we could understand why they choose this one.

I think they really should have given more notice. The best songs can take years to write, or inspiration just sort of strikes. neither of those fit into two months or so that people had to submit their songs.

That said, I still think it's lacking. As Adam said, it sounds very, very fan-made.

Adam said:
sounds very ... fan-made - not much production value.

anyways, love the music... hate the lyrics/singing.

QFT. :D

It just felt out of place compared to the rest of the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to revive this, just thought some of you might find this particularly interesting. Here's 3 of the other artists who submitted songs for the contest, and each have said song on their MySpace. They all are awsome, as well as the chosen one, but personally I like The Scar and Approaching Storm most.

Broken Iris - The Scar
http://www.myspace.com/brokeniris

The Xbox Boys - Master Chief
http://www.myspace.com/thexboxboys

Louisifer - Approaching Storm
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=65222079

*sigh*
I hate that we live in a society where all openly excepted music is complete crap and all sounds EXACTLY THE SAME.
It sickens me how horrible things have gotten since 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back