MA5C Assault Rifle EVA foam build - First attempt and a bit stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscamo

Hey guys ,

so I've come a cropper with the next stage I'm suppose to do.

I went through a few stages for my foam build, and i admit it isn't that great. (I've never done any form of crafts before I joined here)

so I was a little bored last night and thought id give it a go. the printer was all knackered so thought I'd try and wing it. Downloaded some pictures and wrote down dimensions and off I went.

I found that the measurements for me for the MA5C were too short in length so decided to extend the gun a little half way into the build. I used wax mixing sticks to strengthen the gun at this point and bought these from the local girly salon ;)

I've tried top get the frame and ridges but want to go into more detail with everything. like paints etc

any help would be great :)

image1_zpsa761f35e.jpg

image3_zps719f3518.jpg

image3_zps719f3518.jpg

image2_zps5b644ac8.jpg

image4_zpsdcf68369.jpg

Attachments

• image3_zps719f3518.jpg
    image3_zps719f3518.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 191
I don't know if you're still interested in some help, but you may want to check out this thread by Prettyfloralbonnet. He did this recently out of EVA foam mats, such as yourself, and did an amazing job of it.

That's a really great start. You can get some thin craft foam to create areas of detail to add to the look!

Other than the craft sticks, do you have anything else in place to stiffen up the piece? I'm not sure how thick the weapon is but I imagine that it would still be a bit flimsy. Perhaps you could insert some kind of rod from stock to barrel? A wooden dowel or threaded steel rod? And I second the idea about the craft foam. You can add tons of detail with that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back