Making a Halo Arbiter Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

logiwan992

Hey guys I haven't ever posted on the 405th but I've been a member for quite some time. I have recently started making a full arbiter costume and I thought that is was a better time than any to show you my progress on it. Unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures but I did record a few videos. I have gotten quite a bit of the armor pieces cut out and glued together and the feet and hands are in working condition. Its starting to look really cool.

Here is the first video.

And the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely without words as to how amazing those hands are. Well, I guess these words, but you know what I mean, I'm stunned at the awesomeness!

Good job!

I am completely without words as to how amazing those hands are. Well, I guess these words, but you know what I mean, I'm stunned at the awesomeness!

Good job!
Thank you so much. The hands were the first thing I wanted to do and my very first design worked out so perfectly. I can't wait for it to get even further along.

Wow, very nice job guys. Those hands look absolutely amazing. I will definetly have to keep my eye on this thread. Just out of curiosity, do you guys have any prior experience in costuming or animatronics? Happy building!

Wow, very nice job guys. Those hands look absolutely amazing. I will definetly have to keep my eye on this thread. Just out of curiosity, do you guys have any prior experience in costuming or animatronics? Happy building!
Not much experience at all. I have just always been interested in building things. I've done some pepakura before but actually never finished a pep. In my opinion I was too young and got bored with it but I have gained much more patience over the years and I will have a friend to motivate me. I see this as becoming a summer project if we get too overwhelmed.

I decided to make a quick update before I went to bed. I have started making a pep elite head and its coming along great. Its almost finished and probably will deserve a video update but for now here is some pictures.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

These are the last of the pieces that need to be glued on.

I really love watching those few people, brave enough to attempt an elite!

Wondering which files you're using though...
CJ

For the head I am using your file. And the armor pieces are all from HeavyGunners all in one pepakura pack. I really love the head model btw!

Lol he must be so amazed he doesn't recognize his own work! Back on track looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Nice job!!! I'm not much of an elite fan, but I like what you're doing so far! is it H2 or H3 you're makin' him from?

I'm totally stealing those hand designs lol. As a thought, have you considered making the thumbs more....thumb like? To do that, invert the thumbs so they are faceing down at an angle instead of up at an angle, then run a string along a pulley and attach to your finger, so that you can still close the thumbs with the same action as you used before.

You know, I've heard that Elites are the hardest possible things to do.

Partially cause of the legs, and cause of the body structure in general. Good luck, and I hope you get that sizing issue fixed.

So you're making two? Interesting.
Furries scare the crap out of me, but they do have awesome tutorials on how to make digi-grade legs. That might be something you want to look into when making the legs later on.

Awesome work on the gloves. I was wondering how to achieve this myself, but seeing what you've done is an excelllent idea. May need to nab that...lol. So, I wish you much luck as I love the elites as you can see from some of my continuing builds. But i do look forward to the end result on this one, as it seems you are putting much thought into it. Also, you may want to check out weta legs (digi legs). They have plans online. This is something I could see being utilized. Or, possible the Sean Bradley design. I think he has photos of it on his site costumedork.com. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Tony

Awesome work on the gloves. I was wondering how to achieve this myself, but seeing what you've done is an excelllent idea. May need to nab that...lol. So, I wish you much luck as I love the elites as you can see from some of my continuing builds. But i do look forward to the end result on this one, as it seems you are putting much thought into it. Also, you may want to check out weta legs (digi legs). They have plans online. This is something I could see being utilized. Or, possible the Sean Bradley design. I think he has photos of it on his site costumedork.com. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Tony
So I went and took a look at Sean Bradley's stilt design and the end result doesn't look much different than what we already have. If we hit snag later I might come back to it but I don't want any unnecessary work if I can avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back