Mark 3 Iron Man Armor Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nairod said:

Wow... 124,508 vertices. Metasequoia hates this file.
It's modeled inside and outside, inside is probably 1/3 of that count.

I'd be interested to know who/ where it came from before doing anything with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
PD hates it too. Definitely not a pep friendly file. But extremely accurate never-the-less. Good find. Like Ruze said, would be really interesting to know where it came from.

If nothing else it makes great reference. I too would like to know who the creator of the file is. I don't think it would be right modifying the file or creating a pdo until the original author is contacted and permission is granted.

This helmet has such a high poly count because it wasn't modeled. It was scanned into 3d form from the Iron Man action figure since the helmet is removable. It can be found on multiple sites and I'm fairly fure (though not 100%) the person who scanned it is not on this forum.
In addition I add that although it's the official toy it is NOT the movie accurate ILM model- as a note to let anyone know who wants to try- keep lookin for future accurate ones! :p
just a note for anyone wondering :)

Just downloaded and unziped the IM files. Time to hit the store for some quality paper and an ink cartridge. I'm really excited to get this started. Goal is to have this done in time for Halloween... with any luck build a 2nd one for mid October, for Super Villian Day at work at Atomic Comics in Chandler, AZ. I'm a one of the managers there at the Chandler Atomic Comics. You guys might ask... iron man as a villain??? Tony Stark isn't a villain... but Norman Osborn as the Iron Patriot is a bad guy. Look at the goblin gliders in the background. Adi Granov.. the same designer of the film armor and Extremis armor... designed the Iron Patriot armor as well. I love the color scheme of this suit. Go check out the comic: Dark Avengers. Written by Brian Bendis... same guy who is writing the super delayed Halo: Uprising comic book

684450-iron_patriot_large.jpg

Nairod said:
So any chance to see this 3d file, become a good pepakura file??
Who's do yo mean sir?? almost all the files on here are already in pep form.

BenStreeper said:
Who's do yo mean sir?? almost all the files on here are already in pep form.

Of course! But I talked about the 3D file that I posted.

Ok guys, I found a new link by researching "iron man 3d scan"

The creator of this really nice 3d helmet is Mattia Mercante

Check this forum, more informations and very cool pictures!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=59645&page=1&pp=15

Try this link to download another version of this 3d helmet. (the password to open the zip file is matm)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6dcae7/n/MatM_Iron_Man_Helmet_zip

This guy made an incredible work and he talked about upcoming armor files.

@Nairod

Oh wowwwww it'd be soooooo awsome to see that in pep right now. I hope someone does it :D but nice find.

Ok it's been a while, since I've posted cause I've been working, going to school and we just had Free Comic Book Day this Past Saturday. After a lot of thinking and talking to the owner of my store... I have started The Arizona Avengers! Basically this is a costuming group based upon the Marvel Comic characters in the Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, and Young Avengers. The idea is to have a local group to go to conventions, visit hospitals, help in the community etc. The long term goal is to eventually get established and have local chapters across the country. If any of you read comics.... It'm trying to do what Tony Stark did in the comics when he became director of Shield... the Avengers Iniative. Because I work for a very large and influential comic book store(s), I am in talks with Joe Quesada, Editor in Cheif at Marvel Comics, in talks about getting Marvel's blessing and possible sponsorship. I have already been promised advertising sponsorship by my company under the condition that the group gets established. If anyone knows friends or family in the Phoenix, AZ area who would be interested in costuming based on the Avengers... please Email me at AZ.IronMan@yahoo.com or check out our Myspace page at www.myspace.com/azavengers

I am working on the website so the Myspace page will have to suffice till that happens. You can check out my armor build progress as well on the myspace page.

Thanks everyone for helping me thus far. I'm still gonna need it later

Here is just a sample picture of how things are coming along. I have many more other pictures and I;ll add more as I go along or you guys can check out my myspace page. As you can see, I made a bust of my upper torso for better fitment and sizing. I also find it easier to work on. I'm making a few modifications for better fitment as well as ease of wearing the armor.

3187_1133585493760_1050960061_30409206_2042271_n.jpg

I've seen the pics, I know it's pretty much the same armor... but I woud LOVE to see an Iron Patriot costume strutting around!

that looks pretty good. well done. for the torso stand did you have someone help you make it or is it easy to do by yourself?

jmoney said:
that looks pretty good. well done. for the torso stand did you have someone help you make it or is it easy to do by yourself?

Usually it's done by one person, but I could be mistaken.

I went over to my parent's house for Sunday dinner like I usually do and that's when my father helped me make the bust. How we did it was have me wear an old t-shirt that I didn't care about, then simply wrap myself in duct tape. I made sure not to make it too tight, and when fitting the armor to leave some room as well. But after it was covered, we cut it off, resealed the whole thing and then I over stuffed it with paper. Not very glamorous but it works, and it was cheap. I went through 2 rolls of duct tape, 1 old t-shirt, and the blue tape was there to patch hole etc. Long story. So yeah!

In regards to the Iron Patriot.. I need to get the Iron Man armor done first. Then once it's completed, then I can move onto the next project.

Just did the first coat of resin on the right forearm and will be glassing it next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back