Mark V Classic suit Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfspeed

Hey. I'm Halfspeed. I have done a couple armor projects in the past but I am still realitively new to armor making... Anyway!!! For this project, I decided to go with a more..... classic project. A Halo 1 Mark V suit. The reason is.... WELL WHY NOT? But Ill just get straight to the point now. I finished the Pep of the helmet. I added 2 coats of resin and fiberglassed the inside. Special thanks to ventrue for the help with the Pics!

Front
IMG_1217.jpg

I sanded the large clumps of resin I had on the helmet because it was 110 degrees outside.
IMG_1218.jpg

Back
IMG_1219.jpg

Fiberglassed Inside
IMG_1221.jpg

I made a rough plan for Cutting holes for vents (Red squares) and installing a fan I found powered by a watch battery. I am also going to drill holes for some lights (black circles) attached to a 2 9v battery pack. as well as a green laser (green circle) but not sure how I will turn it on yet.
IMG_1220.jpg

More pics to follow as I work on this project. Any input is greatly appreciated.

From your avatar I can tell it looks good with no warping but your pics in the thread aren't showing up. What image hosting site are you using?

youre off to a good start dude! what files are you going to use? MOZ or Rhinoc's? Keep us posted! It's always fun to see a classic Mk V around here

I got some more done!

I am almost done with bondo. Im just bondoing parts where it needs more support or it will be sculpted.
IMG_1225.jpg

I also finished the pep of one of the shoulder pieces.
IMG_1222.jpg

I prefer to cut out the visor once I am completely done with bondoing/sculpting and dry sanding because it helps me get a feel for what shape I want. I use a Dremel with diamond cut of wheels.

I finished the pep of both shoulders.
IMG_1230.jpg

And a forearm piece.
IMG_1232.jpg

I scratch built a knife and a sheath to be attached to my left shoulder.
IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

You'er pep work is coming along nicely. I'm not so sure about the blade yet tho, How are you planing to work that blade?

I used foam board for the blade and cardboard for the handle. I put on weak duct tape to cover the vinyl electrical tape (I put on to use as padding) from the resin. To make it stick, I put a bunch of tiny cuts on the blade's surface but the camera didnt do a good job picking them up.

Thanks shedg!

I decided on one of the weapons I wish to carry......
IMG_1233.jpg

I also started on some bullets for a shoulder attachment.
Before.
IMG_1234.jpg

After. The camera didnt pick up the word. It's "GOODBYE!"
IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back