Mark Vi Legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo405

Since I can't get Blender files I'll rip up a perfectly good halo 3 legendary edition helmet! How do you people feel about gorrila glue? Since I used the last of my super glue and I can't go get epoxy 'till next week, I thought it was a good sub.

Echo out-

Well, there are several tutorials to get that helmet wearable. I suggest you Google them. Just remeber to be careful with it as the helmets are collectors items now.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
Well, there are several tutorials to get that helmet wearable. I suggest you Google them. Just remeber to be careful with it as the helmets are collectors items now.

- Adulese
I know how to get it apart but how do you feel about gorrila glue? I already started and should be done in like an hour with all the gluuing.

Last edited by a moderator:
More Update, would have liked to be finished now but the gluing was tricky. (Top)
Something I don't think the other guys have done, cut out the thing that the stand slid through. (bottom)

spiker369 said:
what are blender files for?
Well, I was gonna print it out and fold it and resin and bondo it, but I couldn't find any files and I couldn't render to save my life.

This may be stupid, but you could fiberglass the inside for some extra strength.

Also, a nice HLC gold visor cut to fit the helmet is also another nice touch, duel layer visor is twice as good too.

AoBfrost said:
This may be stupid, but you could fiberglass the inside for some extra strength.

Also, a nice HLC gold visor cut to fit the helmet is also another nice touch, duel layer visor is twice as good too.

I'm not going to fiberglass it cuz I'm too lazy. That's why (my first sucked. I will probably do two 2-li soda bottles temporarily for a visor

GLue on the jaw is drying and I picked the right 2-liter soda bottle for the visor (I'm gonna add another one I think)

Finito! Tell me what you guys think. The visor and gluing is a little iffy but nothing I can't fix! It's a huge step from number one.

Couple things.. ;)

Gorilla glue.. not the brightest choice for plastics.
Another destroyed LE helmet.. I don't even like to look at the pics T_T

CPU64 said:
Couple things.. ;)

Gorilla glue.. not the brightest choice for plastics.
Another destroyed LE helmet.. I don't even like to look at the pics T_T
only thing I had, I'm goin to sand down the bubbles

Edit: you like the kitty though?

I can see hot glue oozing from the chins sides. Also, a Gold HJC visor would have been a better choice even for just 1 layer visor. You're not spending anything to make the helmet, why not put a nice visor for 30 bucks into it.

Some memory foam padding from joe anns is also a nice touch.

Echo405 said:
I know how to get it apart but how do you feel about gorrila glue? I already started and should be done in like an hour with all the gluuing.
gorrila glue works wonders but it will melt plastic if you put to much on, and your pretty much screwed if it gets on your hands if you don't have paint remover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back