Mark-VI WIP (W/ Paper Mache Thrown In) Pic:Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how do i fold it

read the sticky's....
you have to cut all the edges out after printing... then use the back side of the extractor knife to trim the folding lines...
be sure that the printed site is always outside... if you dont want to trim trough the cardstock, you can use 2 driffrent pens to make folding valley....
you can use diffrent colors to mark folding valleys and moutain.

That's some nice pep work, I'm curious to see how this turns out!

same here! lol :D

I will be fiber glassing the rest of the back side of the Chest piece. I am working in sections so hopefully I'll be done by mid-August, again hopefully. Oh, BTW what kind of color should i paint it.. i kinda want to paint it voilet like my bungie.net account has it.. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Markanator13
but idk i went to wal mart yesterday and they didn't have it. I have to check out home depot next then, and Ace Hardware.

Pics will come soon.

Updates as of August 1st

Hello everyone, did a bit more work on the chest and stuff..

Here's the progress so far.. (used that wood to hold it in place)
4850826189_ed7410b0a5.jpg

another view..
4850824651_e50d0a6abe.jpg

Shoulder: It was my first time using bondo/spot putting ever so my Dad helped me out. but when he applied it, he and I over applied it and I had to sand it down...
4850827417_342cb42fd6.jpg

My dad thinks if i applied Bondo/spot-putty on the outside i will lose all the details.. he says i should apply it on the inside, to keep the detials? idk about that..
4851445542_222e221e6a.jpg

Right Shoulder:
4851443538_82a72f3239.jpg

and Helmet: this side is still sticky..
4851444428_b8dc91a65d.jpg

its time to bust out the talc lol

Thigh Piece:
4851444592_c79cdaf3ac.jpg

low-def, both thighs are like this!

I'll be finishing all the chest tomorrow and the shoulders.. wish me luck!
btw, what color should i paint it? I was thinking something like..
PlayerModel.ashx?p1=0&p2=8&p3=7&p4=0&p5=0&p6=21&p7=22&p8=12.png
Violet, ehh?
that's how I will look like!!
:D

Wow... your on the right track. You have some good work there!
A violet Chief would be quite unique.
Keep posting your progress pics.

Cheers!

Updates as of August 8, 2010!

Hello 405th, its markanator13 with some moar progress on my build. I ran out of my Resin, and Bondo, so i have to get more of that! But I managed to get some more work on what is basically the upper body!

Cod Piece: Buttocks side is done, lmao!
IMG_0425.jpg

Chest: Its getting there!
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Right Shoulder: A bit more Fiberglassing, otherwise ready for Bondo!
IMG_0423.jpg

Left Shoulder: Trying to make it as smooth as possible!
IMG_0418.jpg

Scout Shoulder Permutation: Totally done, prepping for Primer then some Paint!
IMG_0417.jpg

Right Forearm: Still needs some more work :\
IMG_0422.jpg

Left Forearm: Still Sticky!! :mad: aarrrgghhh!!
IMG_0420.jpg

[URL="http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/Markanator/IMG_0421.jpg[/IMG]

Hand Piece: I know, looks weird.. :p
IMG_0424.jpg

And my Low Def Helmet: I'm starting to hate this helm! :\
IMG_0419.jpg

Thighs: They both have a light coat of resin, and someone applied a coat of Polyurethane!
No PICS yet.. sorry :'(

Shins: No progress, yet. :\

That's about it, I've been sorta on the lazy side so not much, I won't be able to get much done since i ran out of Resin and Bondo. & on Monday i have some school stuff, so I'm going to have to pull a miracle if I want to get this done before Chicago Comic Con!

Tell me what you guys think, and Thanks for reading!
:D

this is looking good so far! i know what you mean about hating the helmet (though i am still pepping mine). i am on my second try... the first i used the wrong paper and this one i think it may be too small :( good thing i used the low-def version, am i right? lol.

i am definitely liking the violet color you have picked out. will you make it battle worn? looking forward to more updates

Busy with School, No progress 'till next weekend! :(

this is looking good so far! i know what you mean about hating the helmet (though i am still pepping mine). i am on my second try... the first i used the wrong paper and this one i think it may be too small :( good thing i used the low-def version, am i right? lol.

i am definitely liking the violet color you have picked out. will you make it battle worn? looking forward to more updates

Uhm.. I dont know. Probably, but not the little "gray" scratches on the edges, just the black fade thing.. if that makes sense!? lol

that looks good! i was surprised when the paper mache actually worked!

me too actually!

does the shirt thing really work? if so can i use colored shirts or just plain white shirts

It really does work but i think it soaks up too much resin. I would play it safe and just use plain White shirts, just so you know when/if the shirt soaks up the resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back