Not open for further replies.

Rock Lobbster

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Stream Team
Member DIN
S098
mkvii-cosplay-guide-blog-image-1-f4647ec6022d4c3cb74c928b4fc29d44.png
With the release of the Mark VII guide there was the mention of a community model brought up in the 405th Discord so here we go!

The Scoop:
I'm trying to see if there would be enough people wanting to model a section of the Mark VII for foam unfolding.
With the release of Infinite this year it would be amazing to have models for new (and current) members to make their spartan for the release!
We need some pep files for the armor.
This is entirely volunteer work.

Where can I go to sign up?
A spreadsheet has been made to coordinate the effort located here so if you're interested throw your name down!

Rules/criteria:
  • Being released for free in the 405th armory
  • NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE AT ALL
    • For those who do not know what commercial use is "any activity in which you use a product or service for financial gain."
  • If you sign up please have the intention of completing your model in a timely manner
  • These models will be unfolded for foamwork/pepakura so the quality does not have to be absolutely top notch but please try and do your best
A Reminder from TurboCharizard
If you're modelling for unfold leave the fillets and chamfers off the main model. Make a copy and then add them and export a foam and for print version

Last edited:
I don't know how useful it would be but I have a 3D model of the MK7 Helmet from halo 4's flight, but unfortunately I can't share it. I can take screenshots and renders for reference though, so if anyone needs wireframe or AO renders/screenshots, I can post some here.

I’ll contribute. I can model out the Helmet. Unless someone’s already got dibs.
Honestly collecting a bunch of different approaches is still helpful because it'll highlight different details that other people may have missed. If the helmet inspires you, do the thing! The more people we have working on this the sooner we'll have a full set that can be widely used by the 405th.

Rock Lobbster you mention foam unfolds, but the spreadsheet is for 3d modelers... Are the modelers expected to unfold for pdo?

I think it would make sense for one person to unfold the models since it would not take much time and make everything look uniform.

I will volunteer to unfold the models for Pepakura and foam unless you had other plans.

Rock Lobbster you mention foam unfolds, but the spreadsheet is for 3d modelers... Are the modelers expected to unfold for pdo?

I think it would make sense for one person to unfold the models since it would not take much time and make everything look uniform.

I will volunteer to unfold the models for Pepakura and foam unless you had other plans.
Correct, we need to model everything before we can unfold anything as there are no currently existing files of the Mark VII. I believe ODCA will be doing the unfolds for us

Sent in the thing, here's the first image set of the biceps. Everything is at the stage where it's good for foam and can be extended to being good for 3D printing with a bit of care adding in extra detail with chamfers and fillets.
image900-1.png
image872-3.png
image886.png

image914-3.png
image928-6.png
image858-3.png

If you need an amateur unfolder to add to the unfolding crew, let me know Rock Lobbster!

Correct, we need to model everything before we can unfold anything as there are no currently existing files of the Mark VII. I believe ODCA will be doing the unfolds for us

Sounds good. ODCA if you need any help unfolding for pep or foam let me know. I have 40+ under my belt at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back