Mass Effect 2 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out roosterteeth today and saw the link to the Mass Effect 2 teaser trailer. It suggests that the main character, Shepard, is KIA. I find is sort of strange that they make a sequel and automatically say something like the main character is dead. Anyways, link to joystiq story, which has the vid, and youtube vid embedded below, take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet he was proposed dead but you find him or you play as him and you have to get out of the hostile territory and back to command somehow

i must say i'd be vary disappointed if you play as a different character other than shepard. they did the same thing in rainbow six vegas 2...... :cautious:
BUT i am looking forward to this game i hope its for 2009!

I just started playing the first ME. I'll let you know what I think after I'm done, but I had heard your stats from the first ME were supposed to transfer to the sequel. Has this changed?

actually i dont want it to transfer over i like starting with nothing and getting new skills and stuff. and if it did transfer over it they would make your stats equal nothing so that even though your stats in the first ME were good in ME2 they would suck

box o crayons said:
actually i dont want it to transfer over i like starting with nothing and getting new skills and stuff. and if it did transfer over it they would make your stats equal nothing so that even though your stats in the first ME were good in ME2 they would suck
I'm very sure you'll have a choice. Just like you have a choice in the first one to start a new game with a previous career's stats or start fresh. It's just a marketing tool to the people that bought the first one to attract them to buy the sequel, but it's not like it won't give you a head start.

The enemies in the first one don't get easier the more you level. Their strengths and tactics get better as you do. They 'level' along with you. I'm pretty sure that's how they'll handle the sequel as well.

If your leveled abilities didn't help from ME to ME2, why even bother marketing that option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back