Master Chief - Mjolnir - Mark 6 - Halo 3 - 3D printable armor files

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 269677

Assuming you are using a SIMILAR UNDER-SUIT as I did, i just used 2" 8/32 screws that went from the inside of the armor, through the plastic covers and through pre-drilled holes in the armor I made:
View attachment 269686 View attachment 269687 View attachment 269683 Just finish them off with nuts and cut them. (the secret to cutting them is to mount the armor on fully, use the dremel to give them just a little notch, then undo the armor and finish the cut away from the plastic. That way the plastic won't melt from the heat)

For the torso, I use the screws to secure straps that buckle in around the sides. The straps are adjustable.
View attachment 269684

And for the top, I have straps that can loosen quite a bit on the inside to allow my head to get through (you can't see it here but the inside is has an adjustable strap that can loosen on both sides.

View attachment 269685

Hope that helps.
when scaling the armor did you scale it to the size of the undersuit or the size of your normal self?

when scaling the armor did you scale it to the size of the undersuit or the size of your normal self?
I scaled it to my normal self. I was a little short on the front and back measurement of the torso but I got an added benefit by letting the strap clips fall inside the gap.

20190507_202712-jpg.jpg

It makes it 10 times easier for someone to help me in/out of this.

I scaled it to my normal self. I was a little short on the front and back measurement of the torso but I got an added benefit by letting the strap clips fall inside the gap.

View attachment 270350

It makes it 10 times easier for someone to help me in/out of this.
I blame the motorcycle armour there, with a thin bodysuit I can buckle everything up fine and based on estimates we're both fairly similar shaped.

Thank you. I'm looking to start on my friend's armor soon and planning on using the motorcycle chest armor for the undersuit. Not sure on lower undersuit yet

I just bought an Ender 3 Pro to print the armor finally....
MoeSizzlac, how did you get the armor to make it a printable file? (I'm interested in the halo 2 glove piece.)

I just bought an Ender 3 Pro to print the armor finally....
MoeSizzlac, how did you get the armor to make it a printable file? (I'm interested in the halo 2 glove piece.)
If you are wondering how I go from a pepakura file to a printable .stl file, start with this video (
) and continue down the line. You will get a printable file by the end.

If you are wondering how I go from a pepakura file to a printable .stl file, start with this video (
) and continue down the line. You will get a printable file by the end.
I always assumed this was the approach you took but I always find it fascinating to see the workflow of others. Thank you for sharing good sir.

As this is the build I’ve embarked upon, I have to drop my obligatory post in it.

But on a serious note, do you have a tut for the dual layer visor?

As this is the build I’ve embarked upon, I have to drop my obligatory post in it.

But on a serious note, do you have a tut for the dual layer visor?

I do not, sorry.

I will say that all you do is:
1) Buy two of the same visors. You are only going to make cuts on one of them so leave one alone till the end.

2) Measure the opening height of your would be visor on your helmet at the center point:
Untitled.jpg

3) Resize either of these two pictures I've attached so that the middle of the visor is the same height as the measurement you got from step 2.
Untitled02.jpgUntitled03.jpg

4) Put blue tape all over your visor (inside and out)

5) tape the picture onto your visor.

6) Using a dremel with a cutting tool, cut out along the yellow lines to score through the picture. Remove the picture and complete the cuts all the way through.
Untitled03a.jpg

7) use the sanding drum from a dremel, various metal files, a razor knife, and different grits of sandpaper, carefully begin to finish off the rough edges made by the dremel cutting tool. Do this all while the blue tape is still on. You don't want to hit the surface of the front or back of the visor.

8) Once clean, peal away the blue tape on the back.

9) Use glue to adhere the one visor to the other.

If you are using acrylic visors, you can use something like one of the weld on products or Acrylic Cement to glue them together. Keep the cement limited to the far left and right sides and only the weld on in the middle parts. Be sure to clean up any messes immediately.

I do not, sorry.

I will say that all you do is:
1) Buy two of the same visors. You are only going to make cuts on one of them so leave one alone till the end.

2) Measure the opening height of your would be visor on your helmet at the center point:
View attachment 275554

3) Resize either of these two pictures I've attached so that the middle of the visor is the same height as the measurement you got from step 2.
View attachment 275555View attachment 275556

4) Put blue tape all over your visor (inside and out)

5) tape the picture onto your visor.

6) Using a dremel with a cutting tool, cut out along the yellow lines to score through the picture. Remove the picture and complete the cuts all the way through.
View attachment 275557

7) use the sanding drum from a dremel, various metal files, a razor knife, and different grits of sandpaper, carefully begin to finish off the rough edges made by the dremel cutting tool. Do this all while the blue tape is still on. You don't want to hit the surface of the front or back of the visor.

8) Once clean, peal away the blue tape on the back.

9) Use glue to adhere the one visor to the other.

If you are using acrylic visors, you can use something like one of the weld on products or Acrylic Cement to glue them together. Keep the cement limited to the far left and right sides and only the weld on in the middle parts. Be sure to clean up any messes immediately.
Seems like a pretty damn good tut to me!

How exactly are you securing the visor inside the helmet anyway? Pretty obvious thing I keep over looking...

Seems like a pretty damn good tut to me!

How exactly are you securing the visor inside the helmet anyway? Pretty obvious thing I keep over looking...

Some people glue/bondo in some t-nuts by the visor and use screws to hold it in place.

I go the less engineer friendly route and hot glue the visor in some spots to begin to hold the visor in place. I then finish by using clear silicone all around the outside of the visor.

Sounds exactly like what I was thinking. Looking forward to starting the Helmet print over night tonight after I get these quick gauntlet pieces out of the way!
Some people glue/bondo in some t-nuts by the visor and use screws to hold it in place.

I go the less engineer friendly route and hot glue the visor in some spots to begin to hold the visor in place. I then finish by using clear silicone all around the outside of the visor.

Last edited:

It's less friendly sure but it's still easy enough to hot swap a visor out that way. Basically as long as you're avoiding CA glue or anything that'll leave marks/residue on the visor you're good.

It's less friendly sure but it's still easy enough to hot swap a visor out that way. Basically as long as you're avoiding CA glue or anything that'll leave marks/residue on the visor you're good.
Do most models out there fit the HJC motorcycle visor ? Specifically the RainyFire model MkVI?

Do most models out there fit the HJC motorcycle visor ? Specifically the RainyFire model MkVI?
Maybe? When I design my buckets I'm also designing vacuum forming bucks for visors specifically for that helmet. Some builders might plan for a specific readily available visor but I'd hazard a guess that those are a bit of a rarity.

Maybe? When I design my buckets I'm also designing vacuum forming bucks for visors specifically for that helmet. Some builders might plan for a specific readily available visor but I'd hazard a guess that those are a bit of a rarity.
Hmmm. Moe’s seems to fit pretty damn nicely but who knows if he made a slide up and down mechanism in his with those 3D skills lol

To
Hmmm. Moe’s seems to fit pretty damn nicely but who knows if he made a slide up and down mechanism in his with those 3D skills lol
Get the classic visor either follow moes tutorial, or purchase one on etsy for maybe $30. Those will get you the best results, but for other helmets, you may need a different approach. For helmets like security, or anything that is rounded you can definatly use a motercycle visor, but when it comes to recruit, warmaster, eva, or others that have complex shapes and/or points that stick in and out, it will be near impossible to get the shape you want with a motercycle visor

Added some details to the chest (Halo 3 - Mark 6 - Master Chief Armor Set - No Helmet by moesizzlac). They can be printed separate with a little finagling, fit right on top of the existing chest. I used this opportunity to cut away some of the front collar allows for a better fit over my head when getting dressed. The plate is held on be 3 pieces of velcro.

Untitled01.jpg
Untitled02.jpg
20190924_220620.jpg
20190924_225234.jpg
20190925_121948.jpg

Looks good! Great idea to come up with for a build you’ve been done with for a while ;)

Any decision on the mid section for a TPU print?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back