Master Chief MJOLNIR MkVI Armour Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the kind comments :)

I've been looking at the Master Chief statue I have, and I've noticed that there are quite a few details missing from the pep files, most noticeably on the back of the waist section and the back of the shin:

1-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

I plan to add some of these details using pieces of sheet plastic glued to the armour pieces.

I'm also going to try and make some of the chest details below the neck from foam:

2-6.jpg

I woud like to throw in my .02 by saying Well Done Sir. The fact that you get these results in this time frame is impressive.

Hey all, thanks for the kind comments :)

Progress has slowed down to a crawl now whilst I'm sanding and bondoing, its a slow process and I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

It's going to be green Tombskull, I'm trying to make the armour as close to the Chief's as possible ;)

A quick update, I have made some details out of plastic for the back of the waist, they help add a bit more interest to the armour section:

1-7.jpg

2-7.jpg

I have a few more details to add before I re-primer the piece, then I plan to add detail to the thighs and shins in the same way.

Hopefully more to follow soon.

Another quick update - I made the rest of the details for the waist piece and attached them:

1-8.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-7.jpg

Hopefully if all the details secure properly I should get the part re-primered tomorrow.

Update from this morning, I managed to get the back of the waist re-primered:

1-9.jpg

I also painted the forearm green, its a good feeling to finally see a part thats almost finished :p

2-9.jpg

3-8.jpg

4-3.jpg

Its not perfect, but it'll do. Now just to pad it with some foam and weather it.

Some more pictures for today.

The back of the waist has been painted green, and the clips painted gunmetal, although its not very obvious from the picture.

3-9.jpg

Also parts of the forearm have been painted black, it now just requires weathering.

1-10.jpg

2-10.jpg

And a shot of it being worn with a glove (the camrea flash has made the colour look lighter than it is):

4-4.jpg

Been a little while since my last update, so here's a little more progress.

Both halves of a shin have been bondoed and painted:

2-11.jpg

1-11.jpg

3-10.jpg

Unfortunately, the paint is a slightly different colour for each part, I'll decide later on whether I want to do anything about it or not.

I also fitted the light to the back of the shin:

4-5.jpg

5-3.jpg

All thats left to do is weather the parts, pad them and devise a way of joining the pieces together.

This has to get into the elite section, this is great for a 1st build!

No way this is staying in the noob section!

Hey all, quick update.

Finished bondo work on the thigh and got it painted green, also fitted the light.

1-12.jpg

2-12.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-2.jpg

The inner part is held on with 2 elastic straps, as the part was quite tight on my leg.

4-6.jpg

3-11.jpg

Next I will make the inside ridges out of black foam, and will also detail and weather it.

Another update on the thigh, I've been working on the black wash for it (good tip Matronoke :) ), I'm not sure if I have overdone it or haven't done enough, all opinions welcome :)

I'm going to paint on some silver chips along the edges too.

I also made the inner thigh ridges from foam, I'm not overly happy with them, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to remake them either...

1-13.jpg

3-12.jpg

2-14.jpg

4-7.jpg

More to follow.

Very impressive build!
The black washing is definitly bringing out the details.
I love the LED's ! :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back