Master Chief MJOLNIR MkVI Armour Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks LongShot!

I have to admit that I've frequently used your build progress pictures for inspiration for my suit, you really have made an excellent set of armour :)

Sean something I found helped my inner thigh foam bits was tol lightly run a lighter flame over them then while they were still warm rub them with my fingers, it changed the foams texture to a smoother, more rubber-like finish and darkened it slightly if that helps you? :)

Thanks LongShot!

I have to admit that I've frequently used your build progress pictures for inspiration for my suit, you really have made an excellent set of armour :)

I'm flattered! Thanks!
Glad to be able to share and inspire.

:D :D :D

Quick couple of pictures with the thigh and the front of the shin on:

1-14.jpg

2-15.jpg

And thanks for the advice Sutekhian, I might give that a try :)

That's some excellent Bondo and sanding work. Let us know how to plan to join the shin halves together as I just separated mine last night and haven't settled on a solution.

i been trying to get as many details and also solve these detail solution before i start building my armor so that i have truck through it. and one of the details is if you look at master chiefs MK VI armor there are what look like straps on the armor. kind of the like the detail straps you added to the back of your cod piece and the solution i'm going to try, and this might help you since you have your shins in half which now that i see yours i might do to mine as well, are draw latches. here is a link to a video that explains what i'm talking about.
they have small draw latches that would not only solve your problem of holding the sides together but would add to the detail of the armor. what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, apologies for the lack of recent progress, I have been busy studying for a university exam for the past week.

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

Soccerballa - I'm 5'7" (a particularly short Master Chief, I know:p), I believe I scaled the thighs to be 33cm high, however I would say that they are a little tight and if I were to make them again, I would add an extra cm or two.

Prettyfloralbonnet - Once I've decided on a joining mechanism, I'll post pics of it, hopefully it'll help you with your suit too :)

Mannyledesm - I see what you mean, that system could work pretty well, I'll certainly consider it :)

Thanks again for everyone's input, after my exam tomorrow I should be free to get more work done and more progress pics uploaded.

all right thanks for the info becuase i was having some trouble scaling my thighs and your only 2 inches taller than me so i am probly gana just scale them around what yours are.

Hey all, finally some more progress to show.

The helmet has been given its first coat of primer, there is still a lot of work left to do however.

1-15.jpg

6-3.jpg

5-5.jpg

3-13.jpg

4-8.jpg

2-16.jpg

I hope to get the helmet finished soon, along with the codpiece and a handplate.

Hi all, some more progress today.

The codpiece is now finished aside from weathering, and I can soon get round to making the entire belt section.

1-16.jpg

The helmet is also coming along slowly, I'm hoping it won't be too long before it is ready.

Its been a while since the last update, so here's some more progress.

I finally decided on a way to attach the halves of the shins together, by using elastic webbing. It holds the halves together well, while still allowing them to be seperated to put the piece on.

1-17.jpg

2-17.jpg

3-14.jpg

I also put the waist sections together like a belt. The left pouch will be attached seperately so that it covers the belt clip and can be attached once the belt is on.

4-9.jpg

5-6.jpg

6-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

There has been progress on the helmet soon, hopefully pics up soon.

HOW have I NOT seen this BEFORE????
This amazing for a first build! Im jealous man, way better than mine. . .
Im eager to see it done

With that elastic do the 2 halves of the shins become uneven? I was thinking of using some velcro but perhaps I'll combine your elastic with the buckles that I used in mine to line up the pieces.

Thanks Dh748 :) Your work looks good to me, some nice clean pep ;)

Prettyfloralbonnet - I thought I would have to make tabs to keep the halves lined up, but the elastic seems to hold them in place perfectly, its pretty strong and thick stuff :)

Thanks Dh748 :) Your work looks good to me, some nice clean pep ;)

Prettyfloralbonnet - I thought I would have to make tabs to keep the halves lined up, but the elastic seems to hold them in place perfectly, its pretty strong and thick stuff :)

I might have to experiment then, thanks. Also, what did you use to secure the straps? High temp hot glue didn't seem like it was doing the trick for the elastic on my boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back