Master Replicas Wants You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Yes, everyone has seen the Master Replicas Energy Sword demo video, it gets posted here like one a week at least, but did you know that Master Replicas is looking for two Halo costumers from the 'Bay area" (I dunno, is that San Francisco??) to demo their energy swords for a YouTube video??

I stumbled across a longer demo video on their website and I actually read the comments (whoa, you're blowing my mind, you can do that at YouTube???) and found this:

433 (1 week ago)

Kind of boring. They look awesome, but a little fake fight would have been nice.

MasterReplicasDotCom
(1 week ago)

We'd love to have duel on film but we'd look kind of dorky in office clothes. What we really need is 2 authentic "armored" Elites/Spartans who don't mind a bit of screen time in the Bay Area! Any takers?

Aerosion (1 week ago)

how would that be less dorky?

MasterReplicasDotCom (1 week ago)

Good point! Everyone at the MR facility is pretty much a dork as it is! Nerd Power! Our offer still stands though...

So, being that we're generally looked to as the costuming community of the Halo universe... wouldn't it be a good idea to send a couple spartans their way???

I know I've talked smack on these swords before, but I've come to realize that they've done a far better job with these Halo 3 Energy Swords than I could have done myself. Heck, I'll probably even buy one when they are available.

Anyway I just thought I'd point that out to everybody.. sounds like a good opportunity for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the Bay area???

I hope MR gets ahold of 2 of our members... that would be alot more 405th publicity right there! :D

found the video so people dont have to go searching

but looks like the swords are being made of the same meterial as the fx saber

They're made from the same materials that the FX Sabers were, so it's the exact same quality, if not better.

Sean you should send a message and find out more on this

I've just sent them a letter pointing them in our direction, and filling them in on who we are and what we do.

I'll let you guys know if I hear back from them :)

Man, the southern California guys always get to do the cool events, it's the same in the 501st. All the guys in the SoCal garrison get do the cool LucasFilm events. :rolleyes

I'm about 6 hours away from San Fran...too bad I don't have a full costume done yet =/

I live in SoCal which is a couple of hours away and I'm just about completed with my armor... Sean could you send me the message you sent them and whatever they send back because I'd love to be part of this. Just let me know what they say.

Definitely help promote the 405th. Possibly get a free sword out of the deal too. Sounds like a nice opportunity for those in the area or able to make the trip.

Yeah, a real nice oppurtunity. Too bad you're not in that area, Sean. I doubt they'd pass up your Arbirter.

I'd be happy to fly out if they would be willing to pick up the tab - heck, I might be willing to do it anyway on my dime :D If they get in touch with you Sean, keep me in mind. I never did get to see your Elite in person and this would be a great opportunity to do both...

Thanks for the interest guys. I haven't heard back from them yet.. As soon as I get some details I'll let you all know if theres an opportunity here.

Good idea but exactly how are they going to film a duel with these things? o_O There aren't really a lot of sword duels in halo besides clashing in multiplayer. Idk, but still pretty cool.

SpArtan-270 said:
Good idea but exactly how are they going to film a duel with these things? o_O There aren't really a lot of sword duels in halo besides clashing in multiplayer. Idk, but still pretty cool.

They obviously havent played the game. Because the energy sword IS MOST DEFINETLEY a two handed weapon. ^^

Keegan said:
They obviously havent played the game. Because the energy sword IS MOST DEFINETLEY a two handed weapon. ^^
Ummm... hate to break it to you but ummm in the game you hold it with one hand...

MisterChief said:
Ummm... hate to break it to you but ummm in the game you hold it with one hand...

Dual Wield.

(can you dual wield the energy sword? I haven't played Halo 3 much...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back