Master Replicas Wants You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of the bay area. I'm up for promoting the 405th whenever and wherever possible! If they choose the 405th to represent instead of that licensed armor, then that should be an achievement in and of itself. If they want authentic, does that mean our armor HAS to be Master Chief? My armor is custom permutation. But at least it's done and ready for action.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!
I can get to San Francisco in less than 25 minutes but I don't have a suit!!!!!

Mah live is ruined!!!!(just kidding)
man, how could would it have been if I did have a nice set of armor/(or even a set of armor)

Thanks for the interest everybody!

I've recieved PM's from a few members who are nearly ready with their suits within driving distance to the Bay area. I have still not heard back from Master Replicas..

Keeping you posted. ;)

Bobo The PandaX said:
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!
I can get to San Francisco in less than 25 minutes but I don't have a suit!!!!!

Mah live is ruined!!!!(just kidding)
man, how could would it have been if I did have a nice set of armor/(or even a set of armor)

Do you have any suit that's remotely finished?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually a little ways away from SanFran and can be there in no time. The only thing missing in my suit is the visor, which arrives on friday from JC Whitney. They were having a sale on Gold Iridium lenses; $25!

Spartan-029 said:
Do you have any suit that's remotely finished?
no, I don't have a suit at all... I was gunna start i dunno like a month ago, sorta layed it off cuz of homework and then I got a new computer so I don't have all of my old files yet.
So i got nothing,unfortunatly.

This is kinda funny. I actually interviewed for a job with Master Replicas a while back when they were looking for a product manager to run their science fiction line. I doubt I was the only one to come up with it, but during the interview I told them that they should look into a Halo line (among other things) since they're going to run out of recognizable Star Wars props sooner or later. At that point they'd just started doing the Disney and Muppets stuff.

Their first Halo replicas were announced a very few months later. Somehow I still didn't get the job.

On topic: when I'm home I live a bit under 2 hours away from their offices. If it weren't for my current deployment, I'd have quite a few suits finished by now. Blast!

I haven't recieved any reply from Master Replicas at this point... I'm not sure if they intend to contact me back. Anyone else wishing to contact them is perfectly welcome to do so.

BTW Thorssoli, thanks for giving them the idea! :D

Sean Bradley said:
I haven't recieved any reply from Master Replicas at this point... I'm not sure if they intend to contact me back. Anyone else wishing to contact them is perfectly welcome to do so.

BTW Thorssoli, thanks for giving them the idea! :D

No offense, but I though you knew that Microsoft OR someone with a Rubies suit would snatch the opportunity. Microsoft, especially, is very greedy, and trying to advertise the suit isn't out of their range.

If that doesn't explain why they haven't contacted you back, then I agree that someone with a finished or paint-ready suit near the area should contact them, and see if they can get more specfics.

No offense taken. To me it sounded that they were looking for fan response.. If they wanted Microsoft of Rubies to come to them, I'm sure they wouldn't have made the request in their YouTube comments.

Maybe still some hope here, perhaps with someone more determined to speak to them directly.. I'm not even near them, so I might as well step aside here.

Ok I found some stuff about this energy sword. Since the blade is made from the same material as the Lightsaber, it's made from polycarbon. (That like fiberglass but with carbon right?)
You can't really look through the blade, so LED's are in it. If you play the video in slowmotion, you'll see that the LED's go on, one after the other. First one in the handle, then three in the blade. This makes the polycarbon glow. Inside the handle are two motion sensors. These sense motion, and hitting something. Also all the soundeffect stuff is in the handle.

THis is really cool. It would be cool if you can make this yourself. I think it's possible. If you sand through the fiberglass in your helmet, you can't see through. But when you hold it between you and the sun, you can see the light. I think i'm going to try this.... But first I need to figure out how to make it in one piece.

I hope this was helpful.

Matthijs

EDIT: Oh btw, the Lightsaber isn't for battling so I think the energy sword isn't for battling as well :(. Well you can try, but I think you have to hit each other not too hard :p

Sean Bradley said:
No offense taken. To me it sounded that they were looking for fan response.. If they wanted Microsoft of Rubies to come to them, I'm sure they wouldn't have made the request in their YouTube comments.

Maybe still some hope here, perhaps with someone more determined to speak to them directly.. I'm not even near them, so I might as well step aside here.

Why step aside? You're part of the staff here, and it would be much better to have a group help them than just a single guy/girl with a Master Chief costume. If You/Adam/another staff member allow the volunteer to go to represent the 405th, we might be able to advertise the site more (If it is possible).

Just throwing some thoughts out, though. Not sure if that would be something you guys might consider >.>

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Why step aside? You're part of the staff here, and it would be much better to have a group help them than just a single guy/girl with a Master Chief costume. If You/Adam/another staff member allow the volunteer to go to represent the 405th, we might be able to advertise the site more (If it is possible).

Just throwing some thoughts out, though. Not sure if that would be something you guys might consider >.>

While I appreciate your idea in theory, practicality here is the issue. They have not contacted us, this message was posted to their YouTube account which they apparently haven't logged into since. So without them specifically asking us to do this, it's not something we can rightly step in to resolve. If someone like Thorsolli did (as he's had prior contact) he'd probably have an even better shot at it.

I don't need to be involved because I couldn't possibly fly myself out there, and we have members who are closer to their location (which is what they asked for). I don't need to be directly involved for this to happen, so why insert myself needlesly into it?

I did find their request, but it's looking more and more that they weren't serious about it as they haven't even taken the time to respond to my message to their YouTube account.

And being staff here only has bearing to this website. It isn't something that they're going to care about really, whether it's a member or a staff person.

Sean Bradley said:
While I appreciate your idea in theory, practicality here is the issue. They have not contacted us, this message was posted to their YouTube account which they apparently haven't logged into since. So without them specifically asking us to do this, it's not something we can rightly step in to resolve. If someone like Thorsolli did (as he's had prior contact) he'd probably have an even better shot at it.

I don't need to be involved because I couldn't possibly fly myself out there, and we have members who are closer to their location (which is what they asked for). I don't need to be directly involved for this to happen, so why insert myself needlesly into it?

I did find their request, but it's looking more and more that they weren't serious about it as they haven't even taken the time to respond to my message to their YouTube account.

And being staff here only has bearing to this website. It isn't something that they're going to care about really, whether it's a member or a staff person.

If they haven't answered, is it possible that the account was a fake, or hacked? Either that, or they're getting too many messages and can't get back to you.

Either way, I'm going to make the assumption that they found someone or that it was a fake if they haven't logged on for so long.

It may have been someone who works there that posted the video and made the request as a "fan outreach" thing to get folks discussing their product. It's also likely that the person making the request wasn't authorized to do so, and may have recommended the idea to higher ups, but got a "no go" from them.

They know who we are, where we are, and how to contact us, if they haven't, it's because they've changed their mind, or because of potential licensing issues regading official involvement with a license holder while we're not the license holders for the armor itself, and a licensed party exists (Rubies).

There's a thread going on the rpf that says MR's energy sword is not continuing to production.
Preorders have been cancelled, emails went out about it to those who had preordered it.
That could have something to do with it, maybe.

Their(Rubies') MC suit sales over the Halloween holiday probably tanked. Rubies, or MS, is probably backing out of additional production of anything Halo costume related...but that's just my guess. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back