Materials: what type/brand should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theseapug

I have my material list but I have some quick questions like what kind of fiberglass should I use? Also what should I do about a visor I want to see through?

I have my list of the materials I need to build some armor but I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of material to use. For example what type of fiberglass should I use? Also what should I do about a visor I want to see through?

Really? You have made like 5 threads, and many kind members have taken their time to get you links that contain the answers to ALL of the questions you could possibly have, including this one. Please stop spamming, that is against the rules.

I stick with bondo brand on everything (fiberglass, resin, body filler, ect.). Mostly it's just personal preferance but the brand usually won't have a huge impact on quality as long as you don't cheap out too much. Instead of glassing you might want to check out rondo. I swear by it.

For visor's I usually just check out local motorcycle stores for discontinued visors but amazon is a good place to check also. Some people just shape plexi-glass and tint it with see through paint.

I am sorry for all the posts. I thought my computer was glithching and not letting me post so i kind of posted a few. Again, sorry for that. :/

Easy guys, don't want to run the guy off already...

I merged the last two threads you made into one. The last one I posted in must have locked, but I don't remember clicking the box to close it.

KEEP ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS IN THIS ONE THREAD.

Check out the thread Roadkiller linked you to, and read all of the threads that are linked in there, pretty much every question you could have about making a suit is in there
:
Highly recommend you go through the links of the 405th's NOOB Reading List, here:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

Don't make another thread asking the same question or anything similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back