Mb's Odst Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a long good fight with the dome of this helmet , i have it looking somewhat right. slowed me way down going crazy on the dome. still putting in details and reworked the dome 3 times. i might do it again if i find i still do not like it. got the neck trim detail done, started the shoulder armor and the work on the chest plate some.

001-76.jpg

002-85.jpg

003-74.jpg

004-71.jpg

005-55.jpg

It's been a while since I've been on this thread, and I got to say is WOW!!! Really digging the helmet!

I think I've seen your work (scout suit) in another costume forum. Really like your work!

Keep it up bud! :)

The whole build is looking really good. Great job on reworking the helmet it looks right on. How heavy is the neck and back weighing? Please more pics.

thanks guys, got along way to go but it is getting there.

as far as weight on the backplate. i plan to mold the helmet and armor and cast it in rotoresin. so the weight should not be to bad.

WOW the amount of detail you put into the helmet is unreal. And all out of bondo. This is amazing. Great work man. Can't wait to see the rest of your build.

thanks

i started putting the details in around the viser hole. i used strips of plastic and i am going to use latex caulk to fill in gaps inbetween the strips. redid the cheeks because they were to high. and trimed the viser trim going around the viser hole. long way to go but getting there.

003-75.jpg

002-86.jpg

001-77.jpg

nice helmet. love the kashyyyk trooper armor. Are you a part of the 501st legion becasue I could not find you under the BARC trooper section. :D

thanks, i am in the 501st. BH/CB 4805

for some reason my pic of the KT does not come up. but my fett does. i am also in the rebel legion with the KT.

wow from looking at the first pic of the helmet, and then looking at your last one, i thought it was going to fail. but wow it has turned out great so far. great job.

LOL!!

sometimes with the pep files , they are too detailed and i have to remove the detail because it will have to be redone anyways. most of the time i do not use a pep file. the shoulder armor i made from real thick art board then added detail and bondo. on the gaunlets i plan to use floral foam to carve a base ,make a mold and make 2 cpoies of it and make a left and a right gaunlet. if you are planning to mold your armor and stuff. all you need is the basic shape and go from there. because you will be casting the sculpts , so the wieght of the master sculpt is not important.

since this is my second helmet and armor build , it is going to be alot easier than the first, because now i have a some idea of what i am doing. on the first build it was a huge learning experience. lots of redoing things substandard molds and waste of materials. but the more you sculpt and mold and make castings the better you get at it. i could tell you all day how to do something , but until you do it. you will still have not learned what to do.

I can totally relate to what you said about we have to learn ourselves to expand our knowledge.

Before the resining stages of my armour i was reading and watching every tutorial on here but still had little idea of what to do until i did it. Now I know what I'm doing and can quickly do the job.

You definately earned the Elite showcase status. I envy you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back