Mb's Odst Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrbungle said:
the ones in red are a forsale sign cut up into strips then glued to a bigger strip. then i stacked them on another strip to get the thickness. i took a heat gun to bend the strips once they were together. the ones in blue are too, just took a heat gun to bend them into shape,

on the buckle those pieces are amde from a thick illistration board. that i plan to work on with bondo. the center stomach part is made of the art board too.

hope that helps.

Thanks MB! I know I was asking a lot but it's just the curiosity in me.

Also I'm going to agree that they are little to big. They do have a great start though!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem, JS.

i think i am going to start over on the gauntlets.

they are just too wide and square.

see kiddies, this why you post your WIP shots so people can point out if something is wrong. if it is worth doing , it is worth doing right!

ok new gaunlets under way. in the pic is the new gaunlet on the left and the old one on the right. the one on the right is too big , hence the redo. also i sarted the gaunlet greeb. i am sculpting it out of clay then making a transfer mold to cast , then finish the greeb once i have a casting, then mold that. i need to finish the greeb before i really start working on the guanlets becuase everything seems to work off of the greeb.

004-77.jpg

thanks for the comments.

are you refering to the gaunlet greebs?? i plan to finish sculpting them , then permantly attach them to the gaunlet. then mold the gaunlets once it is complete.

Bungle, you're doing a really good job. Wish my pep skills were like your craving and clay model making.

thanks, guys. pep is easy if the line looks like this ............ it is a mountian fold. that means it folds like a mountian. if the line looks like this .-.-.-.- it is a valley fold. that means it folds like a valley.

I think i might try that floral foam idea for some of my S.P.I. pieces, since your pieces turned out so well

here is the finished helmet. i am getting ready to mold it. i want to get a casting before making the final viser for it.

here is short vid of the helmet.

005-58.jpg

007-41.jpg

008-27.jpg

here is the gaunlets WIP and the start of the shin armor. the greeb is just tacked on to see what it looked liked. starting to come together.

002-95.jpg

003-82.jpg

004-78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back