McFarlane Reach figures...am I the only one who's kinda "meh" about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue I have with the Jorge figure is the peg design for his backpack. IDK if it's just my figure, but the backpack won't hold itself in there unless I stand the figure up and don't even touch it. The littltest breeze will not only cause the pack to fall off, but Jorge will fall over too

Yeah, it's a big problem with Jorge. I really like the figure but that's the only drawback unfortunately. The Reach UNSC Trooper heavy trooper (shotgun trooper) has a problem with it's back pack as well. But overall, I like the McFarlane Halo figures better than most Hasbro figures because they are more detailed and have better articulation points except for the UNSC Troopers where the arms don't pivot so it can hold its weapon with both hands.

The biggest issue I have with the Jorge figure is the peg design for his backpack. IDK if it's just my figure, but the backpack won't hold itself in there unless I stand the figure up and don't even touch it. The littltest breeze will not only cause the pack to fall off, but Jorge will fall over too

I just hotglued mine onto his back - I'm not going to be taking it off ever anyway : P

Here's a fix for the UNSC Trooper figures about their biceps:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy most of the Mcfarlene figures, until EVERY figure I bought fell apart in the package, or in the process of removing it from the package... they all just felt stiff, unmovable and poorly made :( Last ones I bought were Johnson, the marine, and Buck and Dare- and even those were terribly made. It's sad to see what was once such an awesome looking collection go to crap like that- I've even got my old Joyride collection on display over the new ones simply because they still have all their limbs haha. I've also moved on to collecting the Gears of War figures :p

I'll always love my McFarlane figs, these little guys like to party every now and then...

014-3.jpg
Hmmm. I suspect that you don't buy Your figures just to display them. Do you actually*GASP* play with them?
Just before he was brained, Random Helljumper#1 was heard to say "Hey...HEY fellas! can I tag along?"

Attachments

• 014-3.jpg
    014-3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 132
i was unenthusiastic about these guys. they just didn't excite me that much. but i got Emile for x-mas and i gotta say i modestly impressed. the joint issues that came from the older lines are mostly fixed, they can sit on mongoose, they can hold a weapon in each hand and they can roll there wrists and ankles without feeling like there gonna snap. my issues are the same as they were with older ones though, not all the guns fit in either hand, the paint inst always great and needs to be retouched (especially emiles face on the helmet) and the scale is odd. too tall to hangout with star wars guys but to short for any marvel guys to come play.

truth is the scale should have been smaller. not a mini-fig scale but star wars at the tallest. the vehicles would be smaller and more affordable and more possible to make. has anyone scaled a scorpion tank or god forbid a pelican for the current scale? it is monstrous! had they made them smaller the tank would be a buy able thing for about 99.99 like the AT-AT and the warthog would be a 20-25 dollar thing not 35 dollars for something that takes up all your shelf space. detail would hardly be sacrificed if star wars and some of the GI joe lines are any example. and plastic would be better durability, im afraid to let my younger cousins play with em cause the CQBs legs are a bit sticky and the forward rack on mongoose feels so brittle its scary!

Just as an aside. I was wondering if anyone can confirm the use of acetone to remove the factory paint, it smells like liquid death and seems certain to remove the very detail I'm trying to reveal. it seems a little harsh. Conversely, what type of paint is used by the factory and is it commercially available for me to use as repaint? Thanks

I got the Noble Six, Jorge and Emile right when they came out and the paint and joints were all amazing compared to my earlier Halo 3 ones. I then bought the Elite Ultra combo and White Mark V combo pack... the figure look's horrible.
IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg

The Ultra made me throw up in my mouth a little. The paint looks cheap, like it peels right off.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 122
am i the only one A little pissed at the proportions of the covenant in reach? they seem... fat or doughy somehow. the hunters specifically seem shorter and fatter, and the elites are all soft and round when in halo 1 they had harsher lines and in halo 2 there were sharp details in the armor.

am i the only one A little pissed at the proportions of the covenant in reach? they seem... fat or doughy somehow. the hunters specifically seem shorter and fatter, and the elites are all soft and round when in halo 1 they had harsher lines and in halo 2 there were sharp details in the armor.
Yeah, I think you're the only one...

Eh. I like them. they look beefier and stronger, which gives the impression of them being stronger than you.

Eh. I like them. they look beefier and stronger, which gives the impression of them being stronger than you.

It was stated by Bungie the reason for the slight alterations was to make them feel and seem more "alien." Your used to one version for so long, you get comfortable and un-affected by them, but you change them to something slightly different then what your used to, then you can fear it

It was stated by Bungie the reason for the slight alterations was to make them feel and seem more "alien." Your used to one version for so long, you get comfortable and un-affected by them, but you change them to something slightly different then what your used to, then you can fear it
I like the Elites new look a lot more. They look more muscular and reptilian now IMO.

They used inspirations like reptillian, fish, and avian (birds), for the sangheli, in reach its less avian, and more reptilian, I dont like it as much.

I have bought a lot of the McFarelane action figures from the halo reach series 1: i have the warthog, emile, Jorge, a White mark 5b spartan, a red and blue hazop spartans, an elite ultra and minor, and the grunt. the dudes are pretty detailed, but alot of them have something wrong with them. Emile's skull is a little messed up, the elite ultra has had some armor fall off( a shoulder pad and a gauntlet), both of my DMR's tabs broke and one shotgun and AR, blah blah blah... anyways...oh, and my elite ultra was alot better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back