Me And My Friends Odst Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Cobra said:
My Awesome Combat knife, Hours of sanding and bondoing put this baby a clean as a baby's bottom.

AMBA0183.jpg

How in the heck did you strengthin that knife? That's a thin, hollow pep piece, and yet, you made it look amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Altair651 said:
How in the heck did you strengthin that knife? That's a thin, hollow pep piece, and yet, you made it look amazing!

Agreed, the knife looks cool. Can't tell if it's silver or white thought?

The King Cobra said:
Thanks dude and the chest did warp so I guess I will have to try a different way

That file doesnt have supports, so you could make your own next time and make sure it's nice and stable for fiberglass. I find that making my own supports works out better than the file's most of the time.

I agree with Aaron, just a strip of cardboard is good enough for supports. I've had to pep another chest and support it so it stays curved :p

Altair651 said:

I just resined it and bondoed if for hours. but thanks again :p

Richie said:
Agreed, the knife looks cool. Can't tell if it's silver or white thought?

Its silver and i'm going to put some black into it to make it less chrome looking

Aaron said:
That file doesnt have supports, so you could make your own next time and make sure it's nice and stable for fiberglass. I find that making my own supports works out better than the file's most of the time.

Ill go and try that thanks.

sierra092 said:
Your armour pieces look awesome :D

Yeah, how did you strenghen the roflknife?

Thanks alot :p. The roflknife is just resined and then bondoed.

Aaron said:
Cobra, did you scale your knife bigger? the one i printed seems a little small :D

My knife is 20cm tall and it fits me perfectly or fits my hand so to say. You probably have bigger hands than me lol so maybe a couple of cm's taller.

sierra092 said:
I agree with Aaron, just a strip of cardboard is good enough for supports. I've had to pep another chest and support it so it stays curved :p

Alright thanks for tip. I will try that next time.

All your comments are appreciated and thanks for the feedback. I will be posting some more pics hopefully this weekend.

The King Cobra said:
My knife is 20cm tall and it fits me perfectly or fits my hand so to say. You probably have bigger hands than me lol so maybe a couple of cm's taller.

k thanx :D

Aaron said:
yea, kinda, hehe.

:pheres the knife completely painted and finished. I may add some nuts on the hilt to make it more realistic so here you go.

AMBA0201.jpg

It fits my hand perfect :p

AMBA0202.jpg

Close up on the steel look paint job

AMBA0207.jpg

Should I keep the ODST armor black or paint it gray. I would love it if you guys could tell what you would think will look better. Thanks

WOW :eek the nuts are a definate yes, that would look awsome. i think you should paint it gray, but make sure it's really dark with a distinction from black. ive only found auto primer though.

Aaron said:
WOW :eek the nuts are a definate yes, that would look awsome. i think you should paint it gray, but make sure it's really dark with a distinction from black. ive only found auto primer though.

yeah the nuts are going on this weekend thanks.

Colors have been decided. Tell what you think:

Black for ODST Armor

Silver for Details

Heavy Weapons: Red based on Dutch

Sniper: Sky Blue based on Romeo

CQB: Yellow based on Mickey

Leader: Olive based on Buck

These are our final color combinations. We are making a new squad of ODSTs not based on the game anymore. If you could tell me how to change the Description in the forum title that would be wonderful. Our names have not been announced yet but we are going to be a Special Ops ODST which are assassins and go onto dangerous missions and making teamwork the only Survival technique we have.

I hope you like the idea behind the series If you have any feedback or comments please feel free to post.

The King Cobra said:
Colors have been decided. Tell what you think:

Black for ODST Armor

Silver for Details

Heavy Weapons: Red based on Dutch

Sniper: Sky Blue based on Romeo

CQB: Yellow based on Mickey

Leader: Olive based on Buck

These are our final color combinations. We are making a new squad of ODSTs not based on the game anymore. If you could tell me how to change the Description in the forum title that would be wonderful. Our names have not been announced yet but we are going to be a Special Ops ODST which are assassins and go onto dangerous missions and making teamwork the only Survival technique we have.

I hope you like the idea behind the series If you have any feedback or comments please feel free to post.

Sounds good Zack cant wait till we finsh are costumes yet and excited about our upcoming series we plan on making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back