Meet the Spartans beats Rambo at the box office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Not that I was terribly excited about seeing either movie, but 'Meet the Spartans' beats 'Rambo' at the box office? At least Rambo looked like it had some substance to it.

That movie looked so awful in the trailers! Not to mention that it was really like a sequel to Epic Movie, but 'Epic' did so badly at the box office that they couldn't call it by the same name.

bah!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?...08&gt1=7701

And people wonder why Hollywood just keeps churning out mindless crap... because we keep going to see it!

I totally agree with you, first thought I had when seeing the trailer...

THUMBS DOWN...

Whoever wastes their ten bucks on a movie like that, needs to get their priorities checked (in my opinion)....

What suprises me more is the fact that one, let alone both, took the top spots.

I would much rather spend my money to see this(below) as it looks way more funny than Meet the Spartans, and the old actors in this film are actually good. I guess I'm a little bias as I've never really been a Sly fan.

_11937169882240.jpg

I want to see the "meet the spartans" though it looks like epic movie, it looks ALOT better. The Epic movie was like all the actors were drunk during filming, while this movie, it looks like it has some potential acting in it though the movie may just be another "every movie of the year combined into 1"

rambo was pretty awesome. no love story, no sex scenes, no making friends with the enemy. just rambo killing. it was awesome.

optimusaint said:
rambo was pretty awesome. no love story, no sex scenes, no making friends with the enemy. just rambo killing. it was awesome.

One dude killing a bunch of bad dudes, you have to love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Razgriz said:
One dude killing a bunch of bad dudes, you have to love it!

If I wanna see a guy killing a bunch of other guys i'll go to atlanta and watch a street fight.

GruntOfAction said:
If I wanna see a guy killing a bunch of other guys i'll go to atlanta and watch a street fight.

You missed it, one dude killing a buch of BAD dudes. Not talking about gang turf that involves drugs or anything like that.

Like the chief taking down an entire Covenant Armada!

rambo was a bunch of death and destruction - very awesome.

word of advice. don't let rambo get a 50 cal machine gun or you're screwed.

Adam said:
rambo was a bunch of death and destruction - very awesome.

word of advice. don't let rambo get a 50 cal machine gun or you're screwed.

Or give him time to set up traps. :p
Actually, when you're going up against Rambo you're screwed anyways!

Ok I've never been a big Rambo fan, but is there anything more to it than just him destroying everyone in sight or is there actually some sort of depth or reason to it?

Case in point, I love the action/shoot 'em up genre, but it needs to have more than just that to be good in my eyes. Has anyone ever heard of Equilibrium with Christian Bale(aka the new Bruce Wayne)? That movie had awesome sword play and awesome fight/gun scenes. Anyone that I've ever shown it too that seems to like this type of movie loved it. It also had a very dramatic feel in the storyline. I suggest anyone who likes drama or action movies to pick this up and watch it.

23Magnum said:
Has anyone ever heard of Equilibrium with Christian Bale

Loved that movie. I wish it had gotted more attention though...

23Magnum said:
Ok I've never been a big Rambo fan, but is there anything more to it than just him destroying everyone in sight or is there actually some sort of depth or reason to it?

Case in point, I love the action/shoot 'em up genre, but it needs to have more than just that to be good in my eyes. Has anyone ever heard of Equilibrium with Christian Bale(aka the new Bruce Wayne)? That movie had awesome sword play and awesome fight/gun scenes. Anyone that I've ever shown it too that seems to like this type of movie loved it. It also had a very dramatic feel in the storyline. I suggest anyone who likes drama or action movies to pick this up and watch it.
Equilibrium is probably one of the biggest sleeper films I have ever seen. It was recommended to me by netflix, and I ended up buying it. Amazing movie.

Anyway, Ill never see meet the Spartans based on one thing. In the commercial for meet the Spartans, Rambo says "say hello to my little friend". Now first of all this joke is way overused as it is, but on top of that Rambo never said that. It was Tony from scarface who said that. DUMB.

Yes I agree with both Sean and Luke. It was highly under-rated for what went into that film. It's sort of like Boondock Saints. No one ever hears about that movie till they go to college. It's like an initiation anymore. Thankfully, due to my movie nut friend, I did see it before I went to college. *BANG*..."Is it dead?" HAHAHA.

Meet The Spartan Stunk. Every five seconds a girls skirt went up, or they made a Gay Joke, etc.

What suprises me more is the fact that one, let alone both, took the top spots.

I would much rather spend my money to see this(below) as it looks way more funny than Meet the Spartans, and the old actors in this film are actually good. I guess I'm a little bias as I've never really been a Sly fan.

Yeah, my Mom And sister saw that movie. Too bad they die at the end.....

Also, the Rambo Scenes, Spiderwoman being fired, and alot more scenes werent in Meet the Spartans. WTF? Why did they cut them?

Ok I just saw another preview for Meet the Spartans, and I saw Kevin Sorbo in it? o_O Kevin Sorbo? WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING IN A COMEDY LIKE THIS? :mad: Has he really fallen this far? Kevin, what happened man? :(

Spartan 061 said:
Also, the Rambo Scenes, Spiderwoman being fired, and alot more scenes werent in Meet the Spartans. WTF? Why did they cut them?

the guy who played Rambo and Rocky in "meet the spartans" is actually a huge saints fan. i met him at a saints game once. he posted something in a saints message board recently about his part in that movie. he said the rambo scenes are during the credits.

anyone ever heard of Equilibrium with Christian

*sorry for going off topic*

Isnt that the film where people have to take drugs to cancel their emotions? And is quit similar to the matrik's, yeah awsome film.

And eeerrr what the hell is meet the spartans? Some kind of parody of 300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back