Member Of The Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Please view the video and PM me if you have any questions. Please keep the chat to a low on this thread.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VFIp8ZLW7OY[/media]

This is the current list of donators.

1. Ithica - Finished Recon with color of choice and black visor.

2. Leekegan

3. Rube

4. Link4044

5. Sean Bradley

6. Team Win

7. Spase

8. Gokussj5okazu

9. Trooper0621

10. Adam - Full Suit

I will keep you posted on updates.

Ithica

i think this is a great idea, but only if there are enough donators to keep it going.

I vote adam for the first month. he started the site as well as helped sooo many people around here.

*edit*

ok well if it's not for mods then i vote for crackhead09, he's made a couple tutorials as well as a bunch of hd pep files for us.

Adam is a A+ man and I think what we have in mind is for Members that deserve to know how much they are appreciated get the rewards. Adam knows we love him. This is not for the Admin or Mods, this is for the Members.

Ithica

Is this really even necessary? I think it's fairly obvious that the most well known people will be voted member of the month first, so why even bother?

I think it'd be better for people to skim through the Noob Forum and pick out particularly good members instead of going over the same old crap again.

The video's borked for me, so I'm just guessing its contents based on the other members' replies, but if I'm guessing correctly this is just going to make the well known more well known and the less known even more less known.

I think this is a great idea. I hope it works out very well. I will be keeping a look out for that special someone. These are the kinds of things that make being a 405th member so rewarding. Thanks guys.

ROGUE

ImaGonnaGetYou: I am truly insulted by your post and it is totally uncalled for. This is about the new member trying his/her best and showing their dedication to 405th. Please do not take offense Rube but I am going to use him as an example. If Rube and a new member were up against one another I would probably vote for the new member because Rube has the skill to create great things and he has the connections to get things that we have where as a new Member may not. Now if you have someone in mind that you think deserves such a reward then please post them or just stop posting something so negative in a positive thread.

Ithica

Ithica said:
ImaGonnaGetYou: I am truly insulted by your post and it is totally uncalled for. This is about the new member trying his/her best and showing their dedication to 405th. Please do not take offense Rube but I am going to use him as an example. If Rube and a new member were up against one another I would probably vote for the new member because Rube has the skill to create great things and he has the connections to get things that we have where as a new Member may not. Now if you have someone in mind that you think deserves such a reward then please post them or just stop posting something so negative in a positive thread.

Ithica

Again, the video wasn't working, so I assumed the video was about some new "Member of the Month" system or something similar. I was saying that the more popular and well known entities such as Adam, you, Lee, Sean, all the mods, etc. would be voted as these instead of newer members that aren't as recognized.

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way, but I don't think people every knows about deserve more attention than the next guy that deserves the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am voting for Harding29. He has only been a member since march and is already making really nice stuff and letting us members enjoy the progress he is making.

It's not favoritism for this very reason. The donator himself picks. Its not voting, not electing, it's suggesting people for dave to choose from. No senior members should be nominated, and no one who already have their own great props should be either. I've already got someone picked for my month, who you guys probably never heard of. The idea is not to give props to people who already have props, but to people who would most love to have something, and who deserve it. I'm using the rule of thumb of who would be most excited to get a prop, as a great starter for who I pick. Each contributor will have a different idea I'm sure. This is NOT a popularity contest at all. It's not even a contest per say, but a simple decision on who would honestly could really enjoy a free prop, and be grateful for receiving it.

Adam said:
It's not favoritism for this very reason. The donator himself picks. Its not voting, not electing, it's suggesting people for dave to choose from. No senior members should be nominated, and no one who already have their own great props should be either. I've already got someone picked for my month, who you guys probably never heard of. The idea is not to give props to people who already have props, but to people who would most love to have something, and who deserve it. I'm using the rule of thumb of who would be most excited to get a prop, as a great starter for who I pick. Each contributor will have a different idea I'm sure. This is NOT a popularity contest at all. It's not even a contest per say, but a simple decision on who would honestly could really enjoy a free prop, and be grateful for receiving it.

ADAM YOU ARE GOD!!! I BOW DOWN TO YOU

SPARTAN-Mills117 said:
ADAM YOU ARE GOD!!! I BOW DOWN TO YOU

But kissing up won't do any good either ;-). We're "rich" with props, and we'll give to the deserving poor.

You may not SELL the prop, you may not RECAST the prop. You must say where you got it from if people ask, and who made it.

Adam said:
But kissing up won't do any good either ;-). We're "rich" with props, and we'll give to the deserving poor.

no no no no im not kissing up i really dont care if i get picked or not, i have just seen all ur vids on youtube and ur armors, and there freeeekin amazing, like top qaulity, basically what im saying is GREAT work and keep it up 8)

I'd like to nominate those that do a lot of the 3d modelling and unfolding work with all the fancy programs and such I don't have the time to learn. These guys do work on their free time that makes other prop makers' lives easier.

Some names that come to mind...Rundown, 1ManBattalion, Nighshade...

Now I'll just feel embarrassed if I forgot someone. =P Well, guess that means someone else will have to toss out some nominations!

Trooper0621 said:
If I can nominate other people, I'd like to nominate those that do a lot of the 3d modelling and unfolding work. With all that modelling and such with fancy programs I don't have the time to learn.

Some names that come to mind...Rundown, 1ManBattalion, Nighshade...these guys do work on their free time that makes other prop makers' lives easier.

Now I'll just feel embarrassed if I forgot someone. =P Well, guess that means someone else will have to toss out some nominations!

i agree, i would nominate the modelers and unfolders for the pep, cuz without them there wouldnt be all this nice armor!

Trooper0621 said:
I'd like to nominate those that do a lot of the 3d modelling and unfolding work with all the fancy programs and such I don't have the time to learn. These guys do work on their free time that makes other prop makers' lives easier.

Some names that come to mind...Rundown, 1ManBattalion, Nighshade...

I'd also have to agree. I know you wanted to keep the chatter down in here but I feel it's gotta be said, where would we be without these people? The 405th lives on their 3d modeling/unfolding work IMHO.

Also like to add Ral Partha, as he is a member of the FAQ team (and has answered tons of my own personal questions) and for making the most amazing unfolds known to man.

Ithica said:

Ithica

I totally see your view on the "new guy" thing. ImaGonnaGetYou also puts up a good point that the known person thing is if they don't put up some work. The new guy would be rolling out something new and that makes it more interesting. Both are good arguments. For now we gotta put that aside now though. The only thing I'm concerned about is the Donating.

I would like to nominate Rube though. I can't thank him enough. If there is more than one, I'd like to nominate Ral Partha. Amazing unfolds and keeping the paper to a minimum. He's been here more or less than I. There are many people to thank on here.

does letting the best mod in town mold your weapons, and keep molding rights get me any where? :D

no no i kid... to many people would be upset if i won, im kind of a jerk :(

anyways i like this idea, but i was just flippin through the noob forum and its hard to find a good new member... the ones i found are already on their way to making great armor. so i nominate......let me get back to ya

Too many cool members to choose from, to many new members as well... I would agree with the pep mods, I also would like to nominate Trooper0621! ( Like the ODST armor! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back