microsoft paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vexona said:
Some artists might get offended by saying drawing with a stylus is 'cheap'. Mice do not have pressure sensitivity or stroke angles so a lot of styles will require the use of a tablet. Styluses are also a natural preference for many traditional artists who have turned to the digital canvas.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but to anyone who has tried to draw with a mouse it is hard, i don't the money to save up for a tablet, because i'm saving it for my armor, an xbox360, and other hobbies. i draw in class with a pencil and pen so i could just do that instead, but i like a little challenge, so i draw with a mouse, on a laptop.

again sorry if i offended anyone

btw my youtube profile has a blurry but ok video of how i drew the assassins creed logo. if anyone was wondering how i do it

Last edited by a moderator:
paradoxdj said:
i'm saving it for my armor, an xbox360, and other hobbies. i draw in class with a pencil and pen so i could just do that instead, but i like a little challenge, so i draw with a mouse, on a laptop.

Fair nuff, those are def worth saving up for :)

Not bad paradox :) I remember my old skool days using a mouse to paint. I had a tablet when I was 14, granted I wasn't appreciative of what my Dad got my so I never used it... I was such a dumb ass. I got reaquainted with tablets in college and I have been hooked ever since. I was able to buy an Intuos 3 and Cintiq 21UX :D

Not that you said anything offensive, but some people have this weird "mouse elitist" thing I don't quite get. You're promoting carpal tunnel and most professionals will be like "Uhhh if you're so into digital art, why don't you buy a stylus". They usually reply with something as equally ludacris(I'm not saying this about you, just a general statement). MS paint is a good start, in time, look into Photoshop Elements if ya get more into it, you can actually paint your pencil drawings in there :)

And yes, Vex is right, those are worth saving up for :)

something i have cooked up just before Gears of War launch in 2006

gearsofpeentju6.png

Skullcandy Girl said:
They usually reply with something as equally ludacris.

Hehe yea, there are some people out there that are just set in their ways about mediums, whatever it might be. XD A lot of stuff can work great tho (as ppl have posted here)!

What was I thinking of that reminded me of people who draw in paint...oh yea! Oekaki. I've seen some really good stuff come from that too!

Example someone did with PaintBBS.

Another Example

I've been using pait for a really long time, and your drawing are pretty good, that gears one is unreal, the one thing it takes to get good at paint is pantience and be really picky about every detail, or its not going to turn out that great.

i didn't draw the gears one that was falcon NL, but thanks, and yes since paint ends up to be mostly pixilated attention to detail is very important

Master_Chief_13 said:
Thanks, still needs some work...
the original, larger pic has him doing a dramtic pose using his foot to hold down a grunt LOL

nice :)

*edit*
heres a new pic i made

battlerifle
battlerifle.jpg

Sorry i'm not amazed by this... i did this kind of stuff when i was 8 years old.. now i discovered photoshop... WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... And then 3dsmax... DOUBLE... Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

-->Check this out:

-Fin(n)ish

They're a very good start, but they look unfinished. Shading and a Background would be nice :D

Here's my (Quite unfinished) take on Desert Brigade. Some of you may remember this from back when it this site was still Mjolnir Armor, and still used PHPbb :eek:

mastafoottothighib2.png

Ph4de said:
Ok heres my MS Paint Things

Isometric-2.gif

Swordcopy4.jpg
Swordcopy3.jpg
Swordcopy2.jpg
Swordcopy.jpg

RubiksCube-1.jpg

I don't believe those swords are from MS paint. Also, a REAL spriter knows that you NEVER SAVE AS A JPEG. Nice try. Also, the house looks like it's from a game, not sprited. At least, not by you. Now paradox, HE has some awesome talent. You should take Complex Pixel Art on - I know some places where you would be a GOD.

EDIT: OH!!! I didn't see that you made the LITTLE SPRITES of the swords... sorry XD Ignore the accusations. Again, sorry about that.

BlueScreen said:
I don't believe those swords are from MS paint. Also, a REAL spriter knows that you NEVER SAVE AS A JPEG. Nice try. Also, the house looks like it's from a game, not sprited. At least, not by you. Now paradox, HE has some awesome talent. You should take Complex Pixel Art on - I know some places where you would be a GOD.

EDIT: OH!!! I didn't see that you made the LITTLE SPRITES of the swords... sorry XD Ignore the accusations. Again, sorry about that.

Yeah i dont believe the hous thing... it looks excactly like it would have been ripped off Habbo hotel:
http://www.habbo.com/

-Fin(n)ish

If you want to step between MSP and Photoshop try pain.net. Its not quite photoshop,but much better than paint. (its free) I use it ALL the time now.

www.getpaint.net

Its got layers and everything check it out. I might post some pictures later. great job everyone whos posted thos pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back