MJOLNIR Mk VI WIP [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

minsm001

Greetings Fellow 405th Members!

I'm very excited to be returning to the forums after a hiatus of more than a year. From graduating film school and going straight into computer animation to tons of family drama; it's all there. Through out it all, though, there's always been HALO. Books, games, videos.. just name it.

OK, enough BS. Let's get to the meat of this posting. Armor.

I am in the process of putting together a full Mk VI MJOLNIR set, with plans in development for custom-made underarmor. There's been a plethora of work in recent weeks:

Pep in Progress- handplate, gauntlet, bicep/shoulder, chest and boot.

Finished Pep- Thigh

Resinned(sp?)- Cod, Helmet, Comms Attachment

Glassing- Shin

pilot_01_AttJoint.jpg

pilot_01_test.jpg

pilot_01_FrontQutr.jpg

pilot_01_SuppStrut.jpg

pilot_01_CommAtt.jpg

pilot_01_HangDry.jpg

pilot_02_front.jpg

pilot_02_FrontQtr.jpg

pilot_02_SideDetail.jpg

pilot_02a_SideDetailing.jpg

pilot_02_rear.jpg

pilot_02_RearQtr.jpg

pilot_02_topside.jpg

pilot_02a_FrontQtr.jpg

Resin'd(sp?) pieces are all ready for glassing, and the Pep work is slowing as I begin my CG Shading & Lighting class. Heavy work load.

My intention is to use motorcycle helmet padding, jury-rigged with extreme sports padding, to fill in the Pilot helm for a snug fit. I'm also in the process of designing an internal cooling system and on-board radio based communications, as well as a simple comms set up for interacting with others outside the armor. Microcontrollers for the win!!

I'm in class until midnight (PST) tonight, but will try to add more pics tomorrow of the other assets.

Sorry for any confusion with my original posting. It's been a little while...

Uh, I'm having a little trouble understanding the scope of your project. First of all, your title says that your are building a Halo Reach Pilot helmet, but your description states that you are building a full MK VI suit (Mk VI is from Halo 3). Then, your title says pic heavy, and there are no pics at all. You may want to spend a little more time planning out what your intentions are when starting a thread, or they can be closed very quickly.
That said, I think we'd all like to see some pictures of what you are actually doing.

Uh, I'm having a little trouble understanding the scope of your project. First of all, your title says that your are building a Halo Reach Pilot helmet, but your description states that you are building a full MK VI suit (Mk VI is from Halo 3). Then, your title says pic heavy, and there are no pics at all. You may want to spend a little more time planning out what your intentions are when starting a thread, or they can be closed very quickly.
That said, I think we'd all like to see some pictures of what you are actually doing.

Carpathiavh99, I apologize for the confusion. It has been a while since my last visit to the forums.:$ Basically, my intention is to build a full Mk VI suit with certain assets pulled from Reach. I'd like to try tying the series together a bit through my suit. That is why I'm putting together the Pilot Helmet. The design for the under suit will also be coming from Reach. I am working on reference pics right now for that.

Dont post pictures from facebook. Use photobucket or imageshack.

Got Armour, thank you for the advice.:D I went with photobucket. Cheers!

Everyone, I hope you enjoy the pics!

Gotcha. Everything is looking pretty freakin sweet so far. Keep it up!

However, I noticed you are using my Carter attachment file, the old one no less. There should be a newer, more up to date, version on the reach pep file thread (all my links are still active on that thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back