Mk-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartian0225

I decided on just making my own templates and this is the result of my work so far
F9F7D335-7DAC-4D08-BC7B-4927A6BDDD2C.jpeg

I use super glue or contact cement, and that prevents the mess. You can always back the seams with hot glue or shoe goo, and that will help add strength, but for three actual seam work itself, hot glue isn't very good.

Nice work so far
Yeah, contact cement (e.g. Barge) is really the way to go. It's soo much better to work with than hot glue.
You should also be able to use kwikseal adhesive caulk to fill in those seam gaps

Contact cement has some nasty fumes and smell though, so be aware of that. That and the 5 min drying time is why I use super glue
Another thing to note with contact cement, not all have the same curing time. With Barge you can adhere parts after a minimum of 5 mins after applying. Some other brands have a 10 to 15 cure time. So make sure to read the instructions when buying whatever brand is available in your area.
*protip: you can speed up cure time by using a heat gun on the low setting and go over the applied area lightly until it looks 'dry' and slightly tacky.

So I’ve finished the front. Before anyone says anything, I finished the front before anyone said anything about which type of glue I probably should be using. I also added buckles on either side.

Attachments

• 32AEA4E1-8ED7-4C6B-AAC5-AD49C70780DE.jpeg
    32AEA4E1-8ED7-4C6B-AAC5-AD49C70780DE.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 137
Any advice I’ll consider and most likely use. So thank you.
I'm not sure if this'll be useful seeing as you've already bought your foam, but I'll leave it here anyways :)

I'm not sure if this'll be useful seeing as you've already bought your foam, but I'll leave it here anyways :)
It’ll still be useful nonetheless. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back