MK VI X-Box console

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprothro89

Task: Create a working MK VI helmet/X-box console.

Conditions: Given: One old X-box, and enough research and know how, create a MK VI spartan helmet that serves as a functioning X-box.

Standards: It must look great, remain serviceable, and function can not be impaired.

Ok for those of you not in the military, this is known as the tasks, conditions, and standards for any operation. Im currently in Iraq, and this is just a vision, but i will be home pretty soon and will be attempting to go straight to work on this. This is a Co-project between me and my wingman/battlebuddy/best friend, Guitarist9108.

What we need from the members of the 405th is as follows:

Someone to teach us about electronics/soldering.
Continued support, seeing as we want to have the know how upon return home but cant do any work on the project until then.

So, i guess what im saying is, i need someone to teach me the above, and bear with the fact that they are not seeing results for a few months.

the first one will be done with an old X-box 360 that im having a few issues with, then if it is successful, i will repeat the performance with a 360 slim.

I strongly recommend to start with the slim, because the electronic parts of the X360 slim are smaller and more compact than the parts of the Xbox

Soldering is really simple to do once you get the basics down. Practice soldering wires to metal scraps and such to get the technique down.

I strongly recommend to start with the slim, because the electronic parts of the X360 slim are smaller and more compact than the parts of the Xbox

The reason im starting with the original, is because i already have one in semi working order, waranty expired, and ive already replaced it with a slim. therefore it wont require any additional startup capital. Besides, i wanna make sure its going to work first.

Soldering is really simple to do once you get the basics down. Practice soldering wires to metal scraps and such to get the technique down.

yeah, i didnt think it would be terrible, i was wondering if i was overlooking an unseen complexity to soldering small electronics

Heh, Tasks, Conditions, Standards....nice, I suddenly thought I was reading an email for a second.
Going to make an OPORD for your armor construction too? :)
Do you know anyone in S6 or signal? Usually those guys know how to solder, or know someone who does.

All I can think involving putting the electronics into the helmet would be to have the disk drive in the visor area so when you push a button the middle of the visor comes out to put the CD in, only problem I see here is I can think of how to put every part in the helmet except for the motherboard that's where it would be tricky and some measurements may need done.

Heh, Tasks, Conditions, Standards....nice, I suddenly thought I was reading an email for a second.
Going to make an OPORD for your armor construction too?

Haha, a FRAGO will be coming out soon, though we dont want to start progress threads until we can... have some progress to show. Thanks for the tips so far, and we're looking forward to our builds.

Going to make an OPORD for your armor construction too? :)
Do you know anyone in S6 or signal? Usually those guys know how to solder, or know someone who does.

yeah i know a few guys in signal, ill see what they have for me. thanks for the tip.

All I can think involving putting the electronics into the helmet would be to have the disk drive in the visor area so when you push a button the middle of the visor comes out to put the CD in, only problem I see here is I can think of how to put every part in the helmet except for the motherboard that's where it would be tricky and some measurements may need done.

thats exactly what i was thinking of. My plan so far: middle section of visor serves as disk tray, move LED lights for controllers to the chin lights, use "vents" in the armor to push air through for cooling, move infa-red sensor to bottom of visor, and use the top of the helmet to create the open disk and power buttons.

Now sure how all that would fit inside a single helmet. I might've done a helmet and chest piece combo (sitting ontop of each other?) for the room. I dunno.

Now sure how all that would fit inside a single helmet. I might've done a helmet and chest piece combo (sitting ontop of each other?) for the room. I dunno.

Thats not a bad idea, it would make a lot more room for what i need to do, ill put that on the list of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back