MKVI Helmet WIP (PIC HEAVY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefwurm

Jr Member
So I was cutting my pieces out when I got stuck....
I can't tell whether or not to cut this piece out because it looks like it should but I can't find it on the 3D diagram.
It is like landlocked. 0_o Please help
p_00005-1.jpg

My finger is killing me...
p_00006.jpg

It's always a good idea to pep sitting in front of a computer with pep designer open displaying the file you're working on. This way, you have easy access to part locations, and what ever else may pop up. Also, the helmet Macattack64 posted a picture of is the MK VI, not the MK IV. I started looking at the MK 4 helmet (from halo wars).

It's always a good idea to pep sitting in front of a computer with pep designer open displaying the file you're working on. This way, you have easy access to part locations, and what ever else may pop up. Also, the helmet Macattack64 posted a picture of is the MK VI, not the MK IV. I started looking at the MK 4 helmet (from halo wars).

He's working on the MK VI.
Confirmed here:

Same Edge IDs as his piece.

Here is the back of the helmet. And while typing I just realized I made it 365mm and not 265... SO there will be very thick foam or Ill just sell it and make another one fit for me because my head is small compared to that. 0_o But here is it so far. The glue spots are where my fingers got stuck then it dripped. XD

p_00007.jpg

p_00008.jpg

And while typing I just realized I made it 365mm and not 265... SO there will be very thick foam or Ill just sell it and make another one fit for me because my head is small compared to that.

You do realise that 100 mm difference are a LOT, right? Unless you really crave the pepping practice, it might be a better idea to just turn the cardstock around, put it back in the printer and try again with the right size.
For your reference: http://s1033.photobucket.com/albums... Mark VI/?action=view&current=17092010075.jpg
The one on the left is a few centimetres smaller than it should be, the right one is to large, but not 10 cm if I remember correctly, so yours will be even bigger.

Now I am finally finished pepping! :D First HD piece sooo it is messy and kinda messed up. Im not telling the faults because I wanna know if you guys can see them not only me. Tell me what you think! :D
p_00017-2.jpg

p_00016-2.jpg

p_00014.jpg

p_00015-2.jpg

p_00013-1.jpg

p_00018-1.jpg

Looks like the brim is slightly hanging towards one side, there are a few dents here and there and the ridges on top are pretty crazy.

The dents are not so dramatic, you can easily fix those later. But the other two things would be hard or impossible to fix with Bondo, so unless you can push everything into place with support struts, you maybe shouldn't harden this one unless you absolutely want to practice.

Looks like the brim is slightly hanging towards one side, there are a few dents here and there and the ridges on top are pretty crazy.

The dents are not so dramatic, you can easily fix those later. But the other two things would be hard or impossible to fix with Bondo, so unless you can push everything into place with support struts, you maybe shouldn't harden this one unless you absolutely want to practice.

The brim is correct, Im looking at pics and they looks just alike, are you sure it isn't the angle plus the lighting making the slope down all looks the same? I was just talking about the beck of the top on how jacked it is. Thank you for your criticism though. :)

I am still sanding it down, just thought I should update because I have'n't in a while. Is there any tip on how to remove all the dust from it? I have been using a hair dryer. XD

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

I am still sanding it down, just thought I should update because I have'n't in a while. Is there any tip on how to remove all the dust from it? I have been using a hair dryer. XD

You can hoover that up, works great and doesn't spread it all over the place. If you just want to clear a small spot quickly while doing details, a little brush works wonders (toothbrush or so). If you want to stick with blowing it away, Dremels have air exhausts you can use instead of that hair dryer. And at the end, you can also put the whole thing in a bucket of water.

Go to a Target or WalMart and get some auto-detailing cloths from the automotive section. Also known as micro-fiber cloths, these are great for wiping something after sanding. Really does a good job of picking up/cleaning off all dust. I got a pack of 5 for a few dollars some time ago; they're washable so they last a long time. I always use a micro-fiber cloth to wipe down something immediately before I paint it.

Looking great that's the same helmet I'm doing, but i can tell you pepping is a lot better than mine was, which save a lot of time in the bondo stage, good luck.

I have an idea and am wondering if anyone else has done it. Reaplacing this slope piece(starting at the bottom back to the top of the half circle) with foam? :3
p_00011.jpg

If so please tell and if not can someone give me tips on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back