MKVI Master Chief WIP (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH HOW LONG IT'S BEEN!!! I apologise for being gone for so long, but as you all know sometimes life gets in the way.

In my little hiatus I've got quite a bit done. I have finished both shoulder pieces, both lower back, andand bit between the shoulders.

In progress is both jet packs, chest piece, and helmet.

The way I'm going about this is doing everything for the left half of my body then working on the right side.

I have everything for the left pepped and ready to be filled/sanded.

One question: what should I use for an undersuit and what type of shoe to sacrifice to the cause .

One question: what should I use for an undersuit and what type of shoe to sacrifice to the cause .

I'm a sucker for custom sewn bodysuits but not everyone shares the same enthusiasm. You could go with a morph suit or zentai suit of one colour and paint on the details like @CommanderPalmer and paint on details. You could take the patented PerniciousDuke and use a mix of sports clothing and motorcycle armour.

For shoes, whatever is the most comfortable to stay in for 8+ hours a day with minimal sitting. My Reach SPARTAN uses a pair of old runners and my Legends H3 suit is using old steel toes that have several years of groove worn in.

Thanks everyone, I think I'm gonna start with a plain under armor suit and probably add layers of foam over time. It will probably take a really long time but I'm not in any hurry. In my minds eye I'm thinking of iconic_heroes_costumes (instagram). His suits foam bits look really good. I'm not so sure about motorcycle armor just because I've never had any experience seeing It or looking at any.

Bondo makes another spot putty that is grey for metal and plastic. It doesn't mater how thick you put that stuff in a hole. It cures all the way through unlike the red glazing and spot putty. Bondo Plastic Metal, 00901, 5 oz, 1 Tube - Walmart.com

The Red spot putty if put on too thick will crack.
Temperature also has a lot to do with it.

I've seen that putty. Definitely think I'm gonna try it sometime soon.

Does anyone have any ideas how to attach all the torso pieces together. For instance the jet packs to the shoulders. Shoulders to the chest piece. And the parts that attach from the lower parts of the chest around your back? I'm really puzzled on this one.

I will direct you to angelegend on halo. He talks a lot, won't put his cat away, and is religiously against editing his videos to go faster, (grr) but he has some great info on how to attach everything. I think you'll find this helpful:

Your choice of adhesive may be different, but the concept is the same.

He's got something like 43 videos out there that revolve around the H4 MC suit, and they are almost invaluable!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the help, I'll be checking out those videos shortly and get working on it soon.

As of right now I'm almost completely done with all the pop files. I'm skipping the fingers for right now, but all I have left is the right shin and right arm.

Been really busy with graduation coming up soon, band trip and work so I havent really been able to get much work done. I'm about halfway through the right thigh. And still have the arm to do. But on the bright side I only have one jet pack which is on the home stretch then I can assemble the torso.

Should I make the jet packs detachable? Should I connect everything in two parts front and back? Or is there some other way?
Screenshot_20190416-110952_Instagram.jpg

Thank you all for the encouragement. Im so excited to start going from little pieces to big useful parts. I've had a lot of time the last two days because I got my wisdom teeth out so I figure I might as well occupy myself to some extent. I should (fingers crossed) get the last shin glued together and maybe the right forearm cutout. We'll see, I guess.

Both legs are done!! (Minus the feet) all that is left is the right arm and both hands. Upper part of the arm is cut out and just needs glued. Before I start finishing on the paper pieces I think I'm gonna attach all the torso pieces into one so i can get some floor space back.

Attachments

• 20190423_143243.jpg
    20190423_143243.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
So with only a week left till graduation, I have all the pep glued for everything mi us the feet and hands.

The last jetpack is in its final stages of fi fishing with painting coming close behind.
I think I've cracked the code on how I'm going to assemble everything for the torso. Its gonna be trial and error as always, but I am expecting it at this point.

In the meantime, resin is on order for the rest of the parts. So should be in sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
20190517_174706.jpg

here goes nothing... So with high school now checked off the to do list. I can now focus almost entirely on two things. Work and chief. Aaaaand over the last 3ish weeks I have gotten many things accomplished. i figured out the cracking issue i was running into before. turns out my tube of bondo finishing putty was expired so got another tube and all is good. I finished all pieces for the torso, and got the helmet all ready to accept the visor which I am still working on.
20190603_192217.jpg
20190525_120647.jpg

I was thinking of using a motorcycle helmet visor for the helmet. Anyone done this before who can give any tips??

After watching angellegend's videos on assembly. I ended up making a brace kind of system that I am fairly proud of given it is my first attempt. I know in the recesses of my mind I will probably redo it, but it will work for right now. i dont have a picture of the system i used at the moment but this picture gives the general idea.
20190603_185434.jpg

some things didn't line up too good at first. I got that straightened out now.

Up next on the list is to basically work from the torso out to the shoulders and down to the hands. I want to get back to getting stuff done, but I got a promotion at work which requires me to be full time. Right when I thought I had all the time in the world to work on chief something else comes in stealing that precious time. I'll try to be more up to date with this thread instead of lumpy updates. enjoy

I've used a motorcycle visor on my son's helmet a long time ago. It was.........ok. I had a hard time getting it in to shape. I had to screw in metal clips and then rondo paste it in place.

what would you recommend for a visor? I have seen some on etsy for ~$30-$40 but not sure about if it would fit with my helmet.
That's probably the best way to go for detail and price. You can always vacuum form a buck and dye it. You can also use a cheap motercycle visor found at a thrift store for a couple dollars. If you find two, you can even cut the one to make some details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back