Modeling The Mark Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chest pdo has been added to the front page! Again, big thanks to BenStreeper for increasing the accuracy, while simplifying the model to the point where you can actually use it :D

MarkIVForearm.jpg

Did some more work on it today but here are the progress shots. I think this may actually work as is not. What are your takes on it Robby??

[attachment=11124:Mark IV Forearm.zip]

Untitled-1.jpg

K. On the left what is the second outer box? Is it actually there or just a pep thing? What is the funky spike in the middle? And lastly on the right, don't you think from the images that the "box" should come straight off the upper lip?

Robby said:
Untitled-1.jpg

K. On the left what is the second outer box? Is it actually there or just a pep thing? What is the funky spike in the middle? And lastly on the right, don't you think from the images that the "box" should come straight off the upper lip?

fixing now, download and rotat in pep to see if you can catch anything else sir. My eyes are way to use to this model now, so I feel like I'm starting to miss things. Also I can shoot the model back to you for more work too if you would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=11125:Mark IV Forearm.zip]

MarkIVForearm2.jpg

Still gonna need to be unfolded, And although I welded alot of vertices, I can't vouch that I got them all sir.

Sounds like a go for an Unfold guys. Major pain, you have been doing a bang up job with these. If you would like to continue sir it would be much appricieated.

Hey guys, I was just about to finish the unfold when i realized that the model looked a little unsymmetrical. I posted the the 2 pictures from the version 1 and the version 2 for the forearm. The diffrence is in picture 1 on the elbow part. The v1 was symmetrical, but after revisions were made, it lost that. Now if that is what was suppose to have happened, i'll have the file out in an hour or so, but if you guys want to fix that let me know and i'll start over on the new file.

BenStreeper said:

BenStreeper said:
[attachment=11125:Mark IV Forearm.zip]

MarkIVForearm2.jpg

That's not what I meant. I was only referring to the "elbow pad". Here are the 2 pics again, but this time I circled the area in question.

18d41244788529.gif 16f08144788533.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

The 1st pic is before the revisions. All 4 corners of the elbow pad are the same. The 2nd pic is after the revisions. The 2 corners on the right are the same design, but the 2 on the left lost some geometry. Its a small revision, but i think it would be very noticable on a finished product( It very apparent in PD3). Hope this was a better explaination.

Ah, Ben it looks like you had a little accident, if you could post or email me a .3ds I'll straighten back out if you don't feel like it. Nice save MajorPain!

Robby said:
Ah, Ben it looks like you had a little accident, if you could post or email me a .3ds I'll straighten back out if you don't feel like it. Nice save MajorPain!

[attachment=11163:Mark IV Forearm.zip]

Here! You had a single missing polygon which was both odd and funny. I fixed it all up, heh, only two seconds. Earlier I didn't take care of it because I thought it would take too long >.< You do clean work Ben. Thanks again MajorPain.

There are actually more than one missing polygon in the model. Look at the pic below (I've circled the ones that are missing):

forearm.png

There is also one on the other side.

Major Pain said:
Looks good. I'll have the unfold out in a few hours.

Question is the chest scaled to a normal person? or a spartan sized person?

~Nam

Namauri said:
Question is the chest scaled to a normal person? or a spartan sized person?

~Nam

When assembled the chest file will be the same size as Timecon's mark VI chest piece. So big enough to fit any normal human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back