Mountain Regiment Objectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Mountain, here we go again. Been good to have input from Shadowshail and Geijin. Makes me feel like we can really achieve some great things! Lets go over the objective list again. If you (mountaineers) have anything you'd like to add, lemme know and we'll get it added.

1 Costume: Got me shoes done, mostly. Have a lot to do still, but the thing is mostly wearable. I know Geiijn's was coming along nicely as well, last I saw he was up to his eyeballs in fiberglass. Too bad work gets in the way, you know? We'd both probably be done by now!

2 Fan Table: Got the idea, Found some space around my place to store the silly thing. I think I'm running out of excuses to actually build it. But construction has not started yet. Goal is to have it finished by Feb. 2019.

3 Fan film filming: I've had a thought that the interior of the pelican bay could be constructed in a semi-truck trailer. Filming inside while driving it around at slow speeds would give us the shaky ride we'd need. Other than that, this is still on the back burner.

4 Fan film planning: Got the first rough draft of the script up a couple posts above this one. I have since edited it slightly, and will try to get the new edit up, but mostly the formatting is the only thing changed. Maybe a tiny bit of dialogue. I've been thinking if we had things donated and our sound people wanted a shout out, we could easily enough work the company name into the script, I think that's a great idea.

5 Conventions: I have listed several cons in a different thread:

UPCOMING MOUNTAIN CONS

I intend to at least make the ones in Ogden and try real hard for the Logan one. Not a lot of 405th active in Northern Utah, I know, but this'll help light a fire under their bums!!! ...jk

6 Canada: It has come to my attention that TurboCharizard from Canada has threatened to kidnap our members and drag them to the frigid north. New objective # next is to defend our warmth and not let him kidnap anyone. We'll followup next week with progress. IF anyone manages to kidnap Turbo and drag him here, they get free brownies, courtesy of me.

Till next week sometime.

PerniciousDuke managed to successfully bribe me across the border with the promise of a pinball bar, whiskey bar, hotdog bar and skeeball bar. It's honestly not difficult, just gotta bribe with the promise of something interesting and out of the ordinary that'll make for a good story.

Got a group of 5 ODSTs, you could be in charge of making all the costumes and making sure they are... 'uniform' to each other.

Which generation? I'm looking at starting a H2 ODST build shortly and could possibly make it into a good excuse to practice some moulding, casting and vacforming.

Which generation? I'm looking at starting a H2 ODST build shortly and could possibly make it into a good excuse to practice some moulding, casting and vacforming.
Just my opinion but H2 ODST are the coolest. gotta love the awkward helmet (they actually almost look like the pre Microsoft mjolnir armor)
anyway looking forward to seeing the costumes props and eventually finished short.

Another week, another look at our "objectives".

1 Costume: I am almost finished with mine. 0.o Got a few things to finish, strapping, that sort of thing, but it's coming along nicely. Geijin's suit is glassed, looks like, but I'm going to let him update us if he wants, seeing as it's his build and all haha. Might just post a video on here in this thread when my suit is finished. I dunno.

2 Fan Table: I haven't even thought of this one. Work got crazy this past week, and now admin is making all kinds of lousy changes, and blah blah blah and I just haven't given this fan table a thought. I DID learn, however, that to have a table at UnCon in Ogden next year is going to be *$300*!!! heck with that! Dunno where I'm gonna find that kinda cash, but if it's important to us, we'll find a way.

3 Fan film filming: There is a place in the mountains something like 2 hours from my home that would make a decent-ish out door shooting place. Maybe. But actual location and other details I am not going to even try to nail down until we as a regiment have had a good sit down and iron out the kinks.

4 Fan film planning: This one we CAN do. The script second edit is posted a few posts above. I am working on very basic scribble-sketches to illustrate how I think it will go, but this whole project is open for discussion. I have put a lot of complicated and difficult to pull off things in the script because I think that if we shoot high, even if we miss, we'll still have a great view, know what I mean? anyway, anyone at any time feel free to pm me about the script, fan film, or anything else.

One detail I have neglected to take into account is music. I'm not sure how the halo music is copyrighted, but one piece specifically is NOT from halo and I really wanna use it. So I'll need to reach out to the composer and get permission. Anyone know how to do that?

5 Cons: I have a list of conventions up in a different thread, and will keep that updated as needed. If (when) I miss one, shoot me a pm or whatever and lemme know so I can add it.

6 Canada: I am (mostly) warm over here (even though California is throwing hurricanes at us!!!) and I've not been made aware of any regimental disappearances lately (although Shadowshail has been very quiet lately.......). BUT we have failed to apprehend the elusive TurboCharizard, so I will consider this objective a successful failure, and close it out.

Good job everyone, good work. Let's keep this momentum building, huh?

geijin
Woodpecker
Shadowshail

Last edited:
Another week, another look at our "objectives".

1 Costume: I am almost finished with mine. 0.o Got a few things to finish, strapping, that sort of thing, but it's coming along nicely. Geijin's suit is glassed, looks like, but I'm going to let him update us if he wants, seeing as it's his build and all haha. Might just post a video on here in this thread when my suit is finished. I dunno.

2 Fan Table: I haven't even thought of this one. Work got crazy this past week, and now admin is making all kinds of lousy changes, and blah blah blah and I just haven't given this fan table a thought. I DID learn, however, that to have a table at UnCon in Ogden next year is going to be *$300*!!! heck with that! Dunno where I'm gonna find that kinda cash, but if it's important to us, we'll find a way.

3 Fan film filming: There is a place in the mountains something like 2 hours from my home that would make a decent-ish out door shooting place. Maybe. But actual location and other details I am not going to even try to nail down until we as a regiment have had a good sit down and iron out the kinks.

4 Fan film planning: This one we CAN do. The script second edit is posted a few posts above. I am working on very basic scribble-sketches to illustrate how I think it will go, but this whole project is open for discussion. I have put a lot of complicated and difficult to pull off things in the script because I think that if we shoot high, even if we miss, we'll still have a great view, know what I mean? anyway, anyone at any time feel free to pm me about the script, fan film, or anything else.

One detail I have neglected to take into account is music. I'm not sure how the halo music is copyrighted, but one piece specifically is NOT from halo and I really wanna use it. So I'll need to reach out to the composer and get permission. Anyone know how to do that?

5 Cons: I have a list of conventions up in a different thread, and will keep that updated as needed. If (when) I miss one, shoot me a pm or whatever and lemme know so I can add it.

6 Canada: I am (mostly) warm over here (even though California is throwing hurricanes at us!!!) and I've not been made aware of any regimental disappearances lately (although Shadowshail has been very quiet lately.......). BUT we have failed to apprehend the elusive TurboCharizard, so I will consider this objective a successful failure, and close it out.

Good job everyone, good work. Let's keep this momentum building, huh?

geijin
Woodpecker
Shadowshail

300 bucks for a table at UnCon? wow that is pricey. I wont be going to that one. I forgot when it is anyways.. but anime banzai and halloween bootique is this month.

300 bucks for a table at UnCon? wow that is pricey. I wont be going to that one. I forgot when it is anyways.. but anime banzai and halloween bootique is this month.

$300 is pretty average for a booth at a convention from what I've seen. Have you checked to see if that $300 is for community groups as well? Most of the conventions local to me have a number of booth spaces that are free for charity groups and other non-profits.

Shameless double post of updates!!!

Going over our objectives, I don't have a ton to update.

1 Costumes: Mine is nearing completion...sorta. I'm going to re build my chest piece, and that will take a while, so the old lopsided one will have to do for now. I'll let Geijin give updates on his own build as he sees fit.

2 Fan Table: I have a great way to add battle damage to the shield thingy, but I'll have to make the silly thing, first. Other than that, this is still pretty slow going.

3 Fan Film Filming: Will be updated as necessary in future.

4 Fan Film Planning: So, with you all having offered various suggestions or helpful pointers, I think the actual plan should be laid down for making this thing. This really is a HUGE project, but I really believe we can pull this off over time and with a lot of work. We just need to take baby steps and make sure we have all the steps outlined. That way we can see who all is interested and what resources we have. TurboCharizard has offered to help with some costuming, if need be, so I think we should get all that stuff hammered down. With the script for all parts, 1-3, as it stands, we will need the following costumes:

3 Naval Admiral uniforms
1 Naval Captain uniform
1 random officer's uniform
1 Marine General uniform
1 Army General uniform
1 ODST class A uniform
1 Spartan Kurt - vanilla mk V
1 Spartan John - vanilla mk V
6 Marines
1 Marine Sgt.
2 ODST with red highlights
5 ODST with blue highlights
4 Pilots (helmet and jumpsuits, one set of O2 mask)
couple elites and various grunts we can reuse.

We will also need the following sets:
*Interior of a pelican bay (six seats starboard side, three seats port side) cryo tube inside it, port forward side.
*Pelican cockpit (D-77-TC; co-pilot behind pilot, not side-by side.)
*F-41 fighter plane cockpit
*Conference room / war room
*Outside locations TBA

Props:
biofoam canister(s)
~16 assault rifles (MA-5 C)
Misc. Covenant weapons
Weapon crates
3-barreled gantling gun
ODST drop pod(s)
Wraith tank? (Maybe CG? Also can be a model if we figure out how to make it look legit)

Equipment:
Microphones for speaking parts
camera and steady camera equipment
clap board
snacks
film editing software
film editor
sound editing equipment
sound editor

Need a source of financing.

If we separate these into individual "episodes" it won't be nearly as intimidating.

Alright, if that doesn't scare us away, we've got this made. Told ya it'd be big.

5 Conventions: I have added halloween Bootique to the other thread. Oct. 11-13 or so.

And as far as I know that wraps up another weekly update. Please feel free to pitch in if you have an idea for another objective.

I like Reach better, and I'm having a hard time typing in the fact that CE will also suffice, so probably Reach. It's not set in stone, yet. Maybe I should make it a vote!

ALSO, script edit 3 is up on the first page. If anyone has any input, I'd like to hear it.

Last edited:
Heya, sorry for not being active. I keep the page up on my phones browser so im reminded to at least check but ive been looking at recipes and they started stacking over the lage so much i forgot lol. Im here and not dead, just thought you should know!

For the fan table price be sure to message someone at the event, like through their facebook page or something. Ask them if that price applies even if you are not selling anything and just want to promote a community group.

For RCCC I had to fill out an application saying that I would pay for the $800 booth... but the organizers told me just don't put my credit card information down and then I would be put into the community section and if there was room they would let me in. But, they had no separate application for that process.

Haven't had a lot of time this week to do anything 405th except some early morning costume builds. The work days have been kinda hit or miss. On the plus side, I got my medical something or other that allows me to learn how to fly a plane... kinda. That'll be fun. (I can shoot down FANGS when she threatens noodle air drop! OUR TIME IS COMING!!! ...just kidding.)

Anyway, I am super excited about the progress I personally have made on my Mk V Reach costume. It's almost ready. So that brings us to #1 on today's agenda.

1 Costume: Just posted about mine. Haven't heard from geijin for a minute, hope his build is coming along well.

2 Fan Table: I might have a source of plywood to use as a base for the blast shield, but I'm not very hopeful it will yield results. The guy was not super confident in his abilities to provide. BUT I did ask. I think this will be a fun build.

3 Fan film filming: I am making an executive decision and moving this goal to the last one. The order it's in is just driving me nuts.

We haven't filmed anything yet.

4 Fan Film prep: Who all would be willing to help with a fan film? Don't worry about distance or money or anything, I am just looking to find out what level of interest there is.

5 Conventions: Been a couple cons out this way, but I haven't made it to any. I'm still hopeful for the next couple up this way.

Congrats on getting cleared to fly. I just want to win the lottery and buy a plane for someone to fly me in.

My build finally had progress. I changed jobs twice, so it's been rough getting used to new schedules, and it's been to cold outside to do anything on my build. But since it was nice the last two days, I got everything fiberglassed and/or rondoed. So I'm waiting on it to cure, and I'll post some updates on that. I also have a couple other ideas forming for builds this winter, depending on how my schedule shakes out, and I'll start posting those once I start.

Yeah, this cold weather is definitely a bummer, for sure. Can't wait to see your build, though. It's gonna be awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back