Mountain Regiment Objectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!

Some news, not necessarily directly related to the regiment, but I have a job change coming which will dramatically affect the amount of time I have to dedicate to the forum during the work day. On the other hand, I'll (hopefully) have enough money to buy a computer at me home which will allow me better access there. We'll see.

Anyway, I have a lot of progress made on my suit, I just haven't documented it. There's a big post coming in the next few days or week that I'm looking forward to.

I have been thinking about the regiment and how to improve both morale and involvement, and saw in another regiment that a newsletter of sorts was in the works. Do you guys think that is something we could pull off? Would it be worth it? I'm thinking if it IS, we could post in on facebook and share the word from the forum, you know?

Anyway, let's get to business:

1 costume: Already mentioned my progress. geijin has posted some of his progress as well. We all wish you a mild winter and warm temperatures for cure time, as well as time to finish your hobbies.

2 fan table: (derisive laugh.)

3 fan film preparations: Haven't gotten a lot of interest from anyone.... Am I aiming too high do you think?

4 conventions: We'll just keep trying to attend what and where we can.

5 fan film filming: (another derisive laugh.) At least I'm trying, huh?

Any other opinions out there?

I actually got my suit fully resined and cured. I'm slowly sanding it, but I need to get an extension cord for my dremel to start making progress. I have also been doing some research, and I think I am going to be getting a 3d printer in a month or so. Once that happens, I have some builds I want to print, so hopefully I will have some more progress to post.

As for the film, I don't think it's wrong to aim for it, but I think we need a time when we will all be together, which is geographically difficult, in order to really make progress on it. It might have to be a long term goal. I'm all for it, though.

Im totally psyched about helping with a film project but like geijin said geographically its really hard. In my experience of being in Wyoming over these past 8 years the weather has been a huge factor in building for the basic pep method due to the cold and the wind. Also with snow blocking travel and being really hard on vehicles that are needed for con and other travels its money and time consuming to keep up with maintenance. Ive been slowly working on getting people in my town pumped on making things but if im not making anything at the same time im at an impass. In the near future im hoping to change that into better odds and being able to work on things but alas funding for my daily life is making me struggle with myself as well as pumping up others to make costumes.

Dont falter, as i havent lost hope. These things come and go and if i can get a suit up and running i will show it off every chance i get and get people involved. Having a regiment type setting here on the forums and facebook really helps people feel involved and a part of something. Right now its just a couple of people spread out over a vast space but if we work on showing our enjoyment and passion in making costumes, at its most basic level, we can inspire more to join.

Theres tons of people in my town that already costume to some degree but its hard to get them all together or to work together, its actually quite irritating.

Alright, I like what I'm hearing. Except the distance part haha.

Well ok. We are making a fan film. Let's aim for some time late 2019 to get serious plans ironed out, travel plans and stuff thought out, and all that other movie related stuff?

We'll need to iron down details, though. I like the script I posted. Have a better updated one almost finished with a better layout and better details. I'd love some input on it from outside, though. In my head it's awesome, but I'm a boring person, so I want to make sure it keeps the attention, know what I mean?

Anyone know how to do digital special effects?

For sure, plans are always good to get ironed out. When i make my next costume ill consult with you and see which version to make and what, for me it doesnt matter what i make as long as i make something lol.

My brother and i have dabbled in special fx. Him more than i just because of the hardware needed to work on them with decent quality

Let's aim for some time late 2019 to get serious plans ironed out

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.

I could see a convoy from Canada joining in if you announced far enough in advance and you don't have The Dirtdives Border Wall constructed by then. Viper 466 could rally up some Alberta crew, I could pull in BC and then we have a Mad Max themed race down to Montana.

Actually the border wall is being built by FEMA........which stands for Find Every Mexican Available (Joke provided by George Lopez
1cd433f7-92bb-4890-8c24-cecd2135fbe1_576361_CUSTOM.jpg
)

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.

I could see a convoy from Canada joining in if you announced far enough in advance and you don't have The Dirtdives Border Wall constructed by then. Viper 466 could rally up some Alberta crew, I could pull in BC and then we have a Mad Max themed race down to Montana.
What am I getting roped into now? Something Something Shock Trooper?

Yeah, it was really good. I also thought it was a pretty good showcase of production values and requirements for a good fan film when we get to that point.

Hey everybody! Just jumping in to keep this thread alive! I've had a chance of jobs and it's incredible how difficult updating things on the forum can be.

I decided I was going to dedicate 110% to my armor build, and it's complete except the under suit. I'll get some pictures when I have a chance.

How's the rest of mountain doing?

Hey everybody! Just jumping in to keep this thread alive! I've had a chance of jobs and it's incredible how difficult updating things on the forum can be.

I decided I was going to dedicate 110% to my armor build, and it's complete except the under suit. I'll get some pictures when I have a chance.

How's the rest of mountain doing?

We about to be hit with snow. But I'm busy printing my new suits. How are you making your undersuit? My gf and I are stumped on how to make it realistic looking.

I started a thread on the subject in the soft parts section, but have yet to update it.

My plan is, working with knowledgeable relatives, to construct a body suit, kind of similar to deadpool, in black. Then in dark gray, add the tell-tale stomach part, knee and elbow details, shoulders, and neck seal.

I'm not sure what materials I'll be using, yet. But there should be updates in my thread when the time comes. I'll tag you in it if you want, so you can follow any progress.

Last edited:
I started a thread on the subject in the soft parts section, but have yet to update it.

My plan is, working with knowledgeable relatives, to construct a body suit, kind of similar to deadpool, in black. Then in dark gray, add the tell-tale stomach part, knee and elbow details, shoulders, and neck seal.

I'm not sure what materials I'll be using, yet. But there sid be updates in my thread when the time comes. I'll tag you in it if you want, so you can follow any progress.

That would be great. We are just stumped on what we can do, what won't fall apart, and what will look realistic and functional. The mandos recommend leather but that will be too hot

Leather will kill you, yeah. AND your wallet! Haha. I'll try to get the details of what pattern I'm having things off of. I'll get back to ya.

I've been hit with snow a few times already, and some arctic wind chills. I also changed jobs, and am trying to get used to a new schedule. I started a new build that I can do indoors, though, and I'll finish my RC build once it's nice enough to get outside and sand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back