Mountain Regiment Objectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowshail here! Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying a happy holiday season!

Update for me-
1. Got a new job at a high school and now have 24/7 access to a scene shop for theatre as im the new technical director. This also means once i get things set up i can use it for whatever i want

2. I moved to a larger apartment so my living situation is getting better as well which means i can possibly start working with pepakura again.

3. My GFs best friend is a tattoo artist and she gave me a free tattoo for christmas so im going for the 405th logo

Im excited to get things settled in and cranking up some stuff, even if its small

Haha that's fine good news! Glad life is looking up.

Man it's been a while since I updated the objectives, hasn't it. So much for being accountable! I'll try to make time tomorrow after work to get an accountability post up.

Tell me more about this scene shop. It sounds exciting!

I didnt expect people to really be on around the holiday timeframe XD

The scene shop is pretty nifty, it hasnt been set up properly with tools, equipment, or storage yet but it has your basic woodworking tools and screwdrivers and such and it has a lot of rigging supplies as well since we have a counter-weight fly system on the stage.

Happy New year, everybody. (I said it first! :p)

I want to go over the objectives and give them a good dusting off.

1: The regimental Halo suit. Now that there is more than just myself, and that my suit is complete minus the undersuit, I am calling this completed and closing it out. Yay! Geijin is buried under untold amounts of snow until the frosty MT summer, so I imagine his progress with the glassing and bondoing will be slow. But we are looking forward to seeing it finally complete, I'm sure. I know I am!

2: (Henceforth refered to as #1) Fan table. I have STILL not got that stupid table up. But I DID find some old pepakura Spartan stuff from back in 2012-2013 after I finished my ODST and was building a H3 MC. That will save some work on the full-size figure front. Still need to build a display box and blast shield.

3: Preparations for the fan film. Here I'd like some input from the reg on a few points.

1) the script is up, but has been modified since to be better. As things progress in this way, I'd like to set up a time to converse with everybody online like a face-time or something and go over details, questions, and etc... and get things figured out as to who does what, what parts are played by who, how to get the man power, sets, costumes, props, all that jazz. Maybe hold a 405th bakesale as a fund raiser to purchase some help from TurboCharizard and Sean Bradley.
2) I understand distance is a big deal. As I've stewed over this project for, like, years (don't judge me) I think the best thing to do is to establish an actual filming timeline and stick to it rigidly, but also find a location that allows for the minimum of travel for the majority of the people. Which will probably mean using a local populace to fill in bodies if needed, instead of using exclusively 405th members. Which I know sounds kind of obvious after I typed it, but sometimes you just have to hear the thought out loud, you know?
3) Timeline. This is a fun project, not a back-breaking, budget trashing (hopefully) monster. I said in a previous post I'd like to get this done in the new year 2019, but if that doesn't happen, I won't blow a gasket. I mean, come on, really. Real life is real, this isn't. BUT! The idea of putting this into practice is SUPERDUPERAWESOMESWEETCOOLAMAZINGINAHANDBASKET and I would LOVE to see it done. So long bullet-point short, what kind of timeline do you all think is required? We'd need an outdoor set, the interior of a pelican bay and cockpit, fighter-jet cockpit, war-room setting, Wraith tank, ODST drop pod, and the room the drop pods drop from. ;lkjfads;lja;dlkja;dslkfj I think that's it. Oh! And a cryo-tube so we can stick our Spartan in it. I can honestly say I have NO IDEA how long that would take to construct, or where we'd stash it. Thoughts?

4: Fiming the fan film. Do we already own, between the regiment, cameras that will work for this? There are a few shots I would love to see involving a camera pointed toward an ODST on a minigun rotating around him matrix style. Is that a possibility? I think building the pelican bay on the trailer of a truck would be great in helping us get legitimate "turbulence" and impact effects. Fortunately, I know a guy that can help give us pointers to make it safely so we don't kill our Marines. THAT would suck! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5: Conventions. I have not been to one. Yet. But I will! Hahaha I will also try to get more information regarding the mountain regiment convention activity in the mountain reg cons thread. I HAVE taken my suit out for a spin, and even shovelled my walk with it, so I pretty much feel justified for not making a con. lol

Alright, I think that sums things up nicely. Again, I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks and find out how much motivation and endurance we have to make the fan film work. Please take a few minutes and help me figure this out.

Happy holidays!!!

geijin
Woodpecker
Shadowshail

Last edited:
Shadowshail here! I made up a new goal for myself for this year and im going to work hard to make it happen. I am going to make the Achilles armor set from Halo5. Then im going to wear it to the high schools graduation ceremony painted in the schools colors. Hopefully i can get an odst or other stuff done as well in tandum with that.

Shadowshail here! I made up a new goal for myself for this year and im going to work hard to make it happen. I am going to make the Achilles armor set from Halo5. Then im going to wear it to the high schools graduation ceremony painted in the schools colors. Hopefully i can get an odst or other stuff done as well in tandum with that.
That’ll look awesome man good luck keep us posted

Last edited:
So tge only problem i have is that the armory only has the helmet, forearm, and biceps. Now i need to figure out a good chest and legs that will compliment the suit and then figure out how to make the damn undersuit....

Hey everybody! Time once more (finally) to have a look at the objectives. Please pitch in every idea, it can only help.

1) fan table. I'm thinking a simple folding table would be the best for a simple, easy to move gig. A tablecloth if necessary, and that'll be the table. The blast shield I was thinking of making from wood, but that would be way heavy, so I thought I'd think about foam board, like this stuff:
15474927390942917569959530394294.jpg
It would require many sheets of it, but it would be light, so that's a plus.

The chief behind the blast shield I have a forearm for, as well as a pepped helmet, but that's about it. Used to have a shin, but it's busted.

So that got me thinking. Why not have the whole regiment make a H3 master chief in pieces, I'd do the helmet or bicep or whatever, geijin could do the shins or belt or whatever, Shadowshail could do the thighs etc... and together we could call it the mountain chief. It could travel to any con we tabled up at, and would be a good way to unify the regiment. The only downside I can see would be shipping the thing. But it'd work. Whaddaya think?

2) Fan film prep. I guess some other people on here have already started a fan film, AND THIS WILL NOT STAND! bahaha just kidding, it looks awesome. But I really would like to see this thing done. I've got a former Marine buddy that offered to help with military liason-ness, and another friend in construction that could help build the sets.

I know distance is a big deal, and travel isn't easy, so what if we did this: we could divide the filming, video editing/ CG, and sound between those of us who know what we're doing, and send the files via email or whatever until it's done. Then release a trailer on the forum /YouTube to get a feel for how it'll be recieved, and then release the thing in three parts, I, II, & III.

That way we save on travel expenses and all kinds of things. Though it might be great to all make a trip to a middle- ground (probably in WY) for one big get together and shoot.

Any thoughts on the matter?
If I remember next week I'll get on and try to get a solid assignment base for who is doing what. Dibs on director! And cameo as fighter pilot, lol.

3) conventions: there are a few posts about events going on anyway up on the forum, and I encourage everyone to try to make them. I'm going to get the fan table done before any Utah cons. I also think we could make a huge effort to recruiting, especially with the new Halo coming out. These events would be great for that.

Also, geijin, Shadowshail, Woodpecker, Spartan Fenrir, clonecam117, Kaveral, tomboy, and Syntrick, regiment nominations are up starting Wed. Be sure to pitch in and let division hear ya!

Keep it real, mountain.

Last edited:
Hey everybody! Time once more (finally) to have a look at the objectives. Please pitch in every idea, it can only help.

1) fan table. I'm thinking a simple folding table would be the best for a simple, easy to move gig. A tablecloth if necessary, and that'll be the table. The blast shield I was thinking of making from wood, but that would be way heavy, so I thought I'd think about foam board, like this stuff:
View attachment 264388
It would require many sheets of it, but it would be light, so that's a plus.

The chief behind the blast shield I have a forearm for, as well as a pepped helmet, but that's about it. Used to have a shin, but it's busted.

So that got me thinking. Why not have the whole regiment make a H3 master chief in pieces, I'd do the helmet or bicep or whatever, geijin could do the shins or belt or whatever, Shadowshail could do the thighs etc... and together we could call it the mountain chief. It could travel to any con we tabled up at, and would be a good way to unify the regiment. The only downside I can see would be shipping the thing. But it'd work. Whaddaya think?

2) Fan film prep. I guess some other people on here have already started a fan film, AND THIS WILL NOT STAND! bahaha just kidding, it looks awesome. But I really would like to see this thing done. I've got a former Marine buddy that offered to help with military liason-ness, and another friend in construction that could help build the sets.

I know distance is a big deal, and travel isn't easy, so what if we did this: we could divide the filming, video editing/ CG, and sound between those of us who know what we're doing, and send the files via email or whatever until it's done. Then release a trailer on the forum /YouTube to get a feel for how it'll be recieved, and then release the thing in three parts, I, II, & III.

That way we save on travel expenses and all kinds of things. Though it might be great to all make a trip to a middle- ground (probably in WY) for one big get together and shoot.

Any thoughts on the matter?
If I remember next week I'll get on and try to get a solid assignment base for who is doing what. Dibs on director! And cameo as fighter pilot, lol.

3) conventions: there are a few posts about events going on anyway up on the forum, and I encourage everyone to try to make them. I'm going to get the fan table done before any Utah cons. I also think we could make a huge effort to recruiting, especially with the new Halo coming out. These events would be great for that.

Also, geijin, Shadowshail, Woodpecker, Spartan Fenrir, clonecam117, Kaveral, and Syntrick, regiment nominations are up starting Wed. Be sure to pitch in and let division hear ya!

Keep it real, mountain.
Anything I can do to help let me know!!!!

When you say regiment nominations would that be for voting for RCO and whatnot?
Yes. Actually, you're putting in your nomination for RCO... but around here it's basically the same thing.

Anything I can do to help let me know!!!!

Great, thanks! What kinda skill set do you have? Computer graphics? Film or sound editing? Manual labor for constructing sets? All of the above?

Yes. Actually, you're putting in your nomination for RCO... but around here it's basically the same thing.

Great, thanks! What kinda skill set do you have? Computer graphics? Film or sound editing? Manual labor for constructing sets? All of the above?
Definitely good at manual labor I’ve dabbled in video editing would just need to download new software

Soo update time!

Shadowshail here and i got some new objectives personally and hopefully as a recruiting aspect as well.

1. It has just been announced these past couple of days that Casper is getting a ComicCon in Wyoming. I shall be attending for sure and i hope this can become a good event.

2. Im going to work on something Halo for the event to show off the Halo costuming community but unfortunately it was just announced and i dont have enough time to work on a full suit to the quality i want to display for the event.

3. Hopefully it will recruit people into the costuming and 405th community.

4. And last but not least i completed one of my previous goal and this is the result:

Attachments

• 20190309_002401.jpg
    20190309_002401.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 278
Of course ill be wearing a shirt...or maybe armor...either way lol thats a genuine tattoo. My girlfriends best friend is a tattoo artist in town and gave us a gift certificate for christmas.

Boy oh boy, guys, I need to apologize for the lack of accountability! Just to let you all know the life situation for me got kinda hectic and I also got a little bit lazy, which is not an excuse, I know, but it is what it is.

So let's revamp some stuff!

I originally came up with some objectives to reach for, back when I was the only active one on the forum for a few months, and several of them have achieved fruition. Others, like the fan film and the con table are still in the works. But now that there is a little more mountain regiment traffic around here, let's talk.

What kinds of things do you guys think we should focus on as a halo costuming fan club? I'd still like to get the table made, and the fan film is a big goal of mine, but what do you guys want to accomplish? Let's hear some ideas!

I'm hoping we can arrange build parties and recruit new members through local cons. Certainly get spartans together for upcoming halo launches.
Personally, I got a 3d printer and I'm excited to utilize it in making a new suit that's bigger and better than my last one. actually more specifically one that fits better.

P.S. Sean, Good job on getting this regiment moving again! I'm super happy to have the community talking once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back