Movie Accurate Iron Man Mk 3, Mk 6 Helmet And Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
A_Guardian said:
I havent checked finheads in a while.

But yea he did, i remember thinking that his build was awesome mainly for the chin.

And the fact that its beast.

oh its not raised? it kinda looks raised to me, even in the official pictures. to me, it looks like the gold chin is raised about 1 millimeter

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Mang said:
oh its not raised? it kinda looks raised to me, even in the official pictures. to me, it looks like the gold chin is raised about 1 millimeter

It might be, but not to the extent of the file.

Its not really a big deal, but im a little perfectionist. :)

A_Guardian said:
AHHH...

Someone fixes the chin issue on their Iron Man helmet.

Most people over look the fact that the gold isnt raised on the chin. And i know its part of the file.

It's fixed on the file that I made based on Dungbeetle's original helmet. The link is in my signature.

Amazing! Can you actually see through those eyes? That's the only part that's really bothering me about your helmet.

Saber, your helmet is INSANELY awesome, puts my own to shame :)

I'm sorry if I missed this earlier in the topic, but could you PM me the design for the faceplate mechanism? I'm having some issues with my own.

Thanks,

---Stonewall

Queen said:
Amazing! Can you actually see through those eyes? That's the only part that's really bothering me about your helmet.

Yes, and quite clearly with an almost full range of vision, even with the lights on!

Very nice work indeed! I like how you showed us all your progress from the early stages and werent affraid to post pics even when you knew it had issues with smoothing/symmetry and all that. It came out looking very nice!

doc%20Logo.jpg

I will be making Kits of this helmet, If anyone wants one, contact me Here (and please only at this link):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prop-Art-Studios-LLC/131118983258?v=app_2392950137&ref=sgm#!/pages/Prop-Art-Studios-LLC/131118983258?ref=ts

You will need to have a facebook account, and click "like."

All info and contact info is also at this link!

As for the hinge system I will be posting soon, I used a version roughly similar to JUICES, but unlike Finhead's helmet, I am working to get the correct range of movement for the faceplate. I may or may not choose to articulate the chin. This is because from scene to scene the chin movement varies (Sometimes dropping, sometimes stationary) when the faceplate is open. At a certain point it becomes overkill!

Saber1138 said:
doc%20Logo.jpg

I will be making Kits of this helmet, If anyone wants one, contact me Here (and please only at this link):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prop-Art-Studios-LLC/131118983258?v=app_2392950137&ref=sgm#!/pages/Prop-Art-Studios-LLC/131118983258?ref=ts

You will need to have a facebook account, and click "like."

All info and contact info is also at this link!

As for the hinge system I will be posting soon, I used a version roughly similar to JUICES, but unlike Finhead's helmet, I am working to get the correct range of movement for the faceplate. I may or may not choose to articulate the chin. This is because from scene to scene the chin movement varies (Sometimes dropping, sometimes stationary) when the faceplate is open. At a certain point it becomes overkill!

Actually my first design has the whole movement without issue for that faceplate. It's when I combined the two off one servo that I lost movement on the faceplate. I've added 2 for each point and have full movement without issue again it was rather easy actually. ;) They are also wired so the faceplate or both can be actuated. :p

Finhead said:
Actually my first design has the whole movement without issue for that faceplate. It's when I combined the two off one servo that I lost movement on the faceplate. I've added 2 for each point and have full movement without issue again it was rather easy actually.
wink.gif
They are also wired so the faceplate or both can be actuated. :p

I've has seen it without the chin, and with and where your facplate sit in the open position is not accurate, no offense. I love your work, and all but thought I'd point that out.

Saber1138 said:
I've has seen it without the chin, and with and where your facplate sit in the open position is not accurate, no offense. I love your work, and all but thought I'd point that out.

No you haven't seen it open all the way at any point. It was never over the 3/4 mark (maybe a touch less) in any of the stuff I've posted. ;) No offence I have it working fine now and looks perfect, just need a few days break from it to get the mechanics working proper. :cool;)

this looks amazing man im really new to this but i want to try really bad. could you maybe give me the helmet bluprints for pepakura i would really appreciate

wwelsh207 said:
this looks amazing man im really new to this but i want to try really bad. could you maybe give me the helmet bluprints for pepakura i would really appreciate

On page one there is a link to download a compilation of helmets by various people. This allows you the choice in one shot which one you want to build.

Did you use House of Kolor paints? Or something else? Cause that looks killer...and if you are putting together kits, it would be great if you could help us track down the paint! Thanks, amigo.

0810rc_11_z%2Bpaint%2Bhouse_of_kolor_paint.jpgorion%20silver.jpgBrandy%20wine.jpgWild%20cherry.jpg

Abzilla89 said:
Did you use House of Kolor paints? Or something else? Cause that looks killer...and if you are putting together kits, it would be great if you could help us track down the paint! Thanks, amigo.

Yes I did: Its a 6 stage with a base coat of Orion Silver (Pic 2) . For Iron Man MK III use the Brandy Wine (Pic 3) For Iron Man 2 MK IV, MK VI use Wild Cherry (Pic 4)

My link

im.JPG

Sharkhead7854, Dubean33 working together created the best Iron Man HD file Available, I highly recommend this Pep file.

Unfortunately it was not available when I built my prototyp which is a mashup of several files to achieve similar results!

This new file is much more concise!

Download Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back