Mroreo123's Halo Reach / Frankenstein Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool, jlhR2. Agbates' Halo Wars chest is insanely detailed. It was a toss up for me between Reach and HW, but the Reach chest won out for simplicity/time pepping and arm mobility. Are you doing the over-sized HW shoulder cap as well?

No I actually like this one only. The Cap only file, I don't like the detail work as much as I like this ones. I will see when I get one done, if the cap is a bit too small, then I will.

And I may even hodge podge the Torso, using the front of the Agbates model (from collar bone down) and use the Flying squirrel HD torso's back .

I will see when I get there. I am starting with the boots and going to work up. I know a lot of Vets don't like noobs starting helmet first. :eek

~James

EDIT:

Hero do you have Flying squirrels HD helmet unfolded by you?

I played around with it for a little while, but nothing I finished. Bevbor's is pretty good though, if you can find it.

I do say i love the way you mocked up different parts of other suits,... I really like ur idea

Hopefully if there aren't any pep files on REACH made some time b4 the game is released I'll go with ur idea :)

Wow Mr. Oreo JlhR2! Those could end up being some rather sick suits! You'll just have to have some b.a. paintjobs!

@Mr.Oreo123 Is the reach chestplate out yet? or are you planning on scratchbuilding it?

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Wow Mr. Oreo JlhR2! Those could end up being some rather sick suits! You'll just have to have some b.a. paintjobs!

@Mr.Oreo123 Is the reach chestplate out yet? or are you planning on scratchbuilding it?

Cheers!

Thanks, I have no idea what I want to do for a paintjob yet, all I know is I want to paint 117 across my left peck!

Hero,

Do you have bevbor's helmet, I would like to see what it looks like.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
rvalera11 said:
I do say i love the way you mocked up different parts of other suits,... I really like ur idea

I agree. It's nice to see some different parts from other suits to make one. Gives your suit a more unique look. Any ideas for a color scheme?

Sniperbaas392 said:

Yes, it is. Take a look in Rundown's filebase thread or you can take a look in my Smooth Unfold thread linked in my sig for my version of the unfold.

jlhR2 said:
Hero,

Do you have bevbor's helmet, I would like to see what it looks like.

It's essentially the same, but with the tabs modified for easier/faster cutting. That's where I learned you could alter the tabs. A lot of the long rows of tabs were converted from a sawtooth type pattern to a row of square teeth type pattern. I'll have to do some digging to find it again on my hard drive.

pooper said:
I agree. It's nice to see some different parts from other suits to make one. Gives your suit a more unique look. Any ideas for a color scheme?

I'm thinking either camo green/black or Lone Wolf gray/black. I'm not a fan of brightly colored Spartans. Who wants the equivalent of a neon "shoot me" sign on their back? ;)

MrOreo123 said:
I'm thinking either camo green/black or Lone Wolf gray/black. I'm not a fan of brightly colored Spartans. Who wants the equivalent of a neon "shoot me" sign on their back? ;)

Lol :lol Yeah, neon yellow or green wouldn't make it to far in a covert mission...

I'd say go with the Lone Wolf gray/black. Well, that's what I'm planning on doing... If I don't finish any other parts of the Reach suit, it'll go good with my ODST armor (I received my ODST suit kit Friday!!) So, I to, may have a Frankenstein build. :)

Opps .. wrong topic .. this is what u get when u have three lcd's infront of your eyes with multiple browsers at one time .. LOL

btw , i will keep an eye on this build my fren ..

Finished my Reach chest. Slowly but surely coming together. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, but I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend. Enjoy the pictures!

IMG_8004.jpg
IMG_8005.jpg

2 questions. 1: what is your height/build. 2: how did you scale you chest. my chest ended up being the size needed for some one of the age of 6

rvb18 said:
2 questions. 1: what is your height/build. 2: how did you scale you chest. my chest ended up being the size needed for some one of the age of 6

I'm 5'8" average build. For scale, I measured the width of my rib cage and added a little bit (I forget how much exactly). Bear in mind, i haven't actually put this on yet since the neck hole is too small for my head. I'll have to split this in two to see how well it actually fits. I'm also planning on cutting this down a bit so it doesn't stick out so far in front like I have man boobs or something. ;) Overall, I'm probably going to be doing the same to almost all the pieces. I'm trying to go for a slimmer, more nimble-looking Spartan. More of a Spartan ninja than a hulking behemoth of Covenant death and destruction. :)

ya..about the neck. it needs to be modified to look right. in the trailer the collar like part is sticking out ward not being flush with the chest.

the concept picture you made looks pretty cool! I like the idea of mixing different armor versions together. Goodluck!

Just finished Kirrou's ODST shoulder. As always, I re-unfolded it to my liking. 'Nother shoulder to go...

IMG_8011.jpg

I also really need to get moving on redoing my torso mannequin. My Reach chest is starting to warp under its own weight. :( I wanted to cut it up to make adjustments and make it a little more form-fitting. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it tomorrow night, because I doubt my wife will let me work on this on Valentine's Day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back