MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wanna say:

Pain incoming.

Lookin great! only qualm is the front looks a lot less armored than the back...dunno if you've still got more to do on that or not...But I love all the details you put into the forearm greaves :D

Not many more plans are made for the front, at least, not armor-wise. In many ways, the front is actually more armored, since there are knee-pads, protectors, a chest-plate, ballistic mask, and several other pieces (the collar). The back only looks more armored due to the many pockets and pouches it will have. When it comes to the front, there might be a few more details, but mostly more back work for now... maybe a few de-com grenades? And thanks for the compliment, the majority of it is just burn-work with the smallest wood-burning tip for my hot-tool, and a few rivets. Your suit is looking pretty fantastic as well.

Psquiddy,
That was an awesome build. Please post after you take it to the airsoft field. It will be a huge hit, no doubt.

Redshirt

Lol still not done yet man, but thanks for the feedback, It will have to be played with custom rules though, not many people I know would want to follow the Juggernaut rules :D

Dude I'm so happy to see updates on this! Your progress looks really great, many props! Sorry bout the computer situation, that really sucks. This is going to look so BA haha.

Just a quick Mini-update:

Decided that a general deadline for this project will be October 30th, so I'll have the suit ready for my Youth's Halloween party (costumes welcome :D). One of the things I need to knock out it the Helmet.

p1050352w.jpg

Previously, I didn't think I could go with a standard airsoft helmet, since it would have been $30 to ship, and the helmet mounts on the sides (I like to call them ears) would have gotten in the way of the collar. I visited my local Halloween store and found a "army helmet" thats made of durable ABS.

screenshot20120926at105.png

Although it doesn't look that detailed, it has the general shape and form I'm going for. Also I will be able to add my own buckles and straps so it has a tighter fit on my head, AND the simple shape allows it to be easily customized so it looks more like the picture (the blast shield on the front, lettering, and details on the back. Wish me luck!

Just an idea on how to get the same sort of texture for the helmet, make a paper mache helmet then cut out the front part of the helmet in the above post (painted differently). It's just a suggestion, but I think it would give the rougher texture that the helmet has. (though I don't know how mache works.). Good luck.

-Seth

I bet truck bed liner from Walmart would make that look just like the model. Plus it sold be easy as heck to do.

I second that one. Or you could try the spray on drywall texture. Everything has turned out looking great by the way. Can't wait to see those pics of the paintball appearance.

@ Azule: If I could get one , I would

@ Tiberius and Spartan 127: That's a great idea since I have to re-paint the helmet anyways when I get it. First priorities though are to get it strapped and such.

@ Seth: Good Idea, but the paper mache wouldn't hold up to a bb going 500 feet a second into it.

If u do use it for airsoft just watch for weak spots in the armor I played in mine last week and my legs had some exposed spots and that's where everyone aimed at

Another Small update:

Well it was raining here today, so I decided to pause the Halo and get some smaller details done on the suit. I noticed that I needed a balaclava, and yes, in the early pictures I had one. Well that one was really a ski mask, and if you live in Florida... well, let's just say that wool and cotton are not the best things to skin-tight wrap your head in with only two little eye-holes to get fresh air out of...

so as you might have guessed I made a balaclava. I already have some meager sewing skills, so I sewed the base-seams together with the Balaclava inside-out (so you don't see the seams) and then -since I have no trust in my meager sewing skills- sealed the seams with extra fabric and hot glue. My end result was a simple and effective Balaclava that should fith the job quite nicely. Enjoy the pics;

dscn9036.jpg

dscn9037s.jpg

dscn9038p.jpg

dscn9040.jpg

dscn9041dw.jpg

It's nice to know I can cut corners here and there when I need simple things, why order a $15 Balaclava with $10 S&H when I can make one from an old black T-shirt and lots--hot glue :D

Nice improvisation! Just one on thing. Are you going to be adding anything else to the mask part of the helmet? Like the goggle like things, or is it done?

SORRY to post here but i absolutely love the suit, i couldnt find any images of other people building, glad to see im not the only one :D pics of what im working on

jugg005.jpg
jugg003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back