MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you discover this yourself or do you have a web-page I could visit?

No discovery, I just gave it some thought and that's just how I would attack the problem. Artisans use tea to stain flags to give then an antique look.

Redshirt

Micro-update 16

Just a quick Update: I finished the exterior collar and I have started putting the Burlap onto it, I also burned details into the gauntlets since they looked so bland, I'm going to purchase pop-rivets for a nice touch, and I should have another update on soon.

I also am going to have another update for the ODST later on today, so look forward to that :D

Pictures have no captions, I'm tired:

pictutre003.jpg

pictutre004.jpg

pictutre005.jpg

gauntlets

pictutre002.jpg

pictutre001.jpg

Wow, really good work! I love the juggernauts on call of duty (they're easier to get on mw3), good luck on your build!

Mega-Update 16 Part 1

Part 1 of a double-update

Alright boys and girls, I have an update!!! I'm so glad that I was able to get this much work done on the suit, and after I type this I'll be working on it while watching the Olympics, Go Germany and America! Well to sum up this update, I began serious work on the back-plate for the suit. I didn't want it to look flimsy and fake, so I decided to place some pouches.

The pouches are constructed of foam with a fabric cover from some old military pants I found. Basically I made the structure, covered it in fabric, and then glued it in. More details will be added, but this is it so far:

So to start I decided that I needed some sort of reference for what I need to make and what I have finished, so these pictures show it being drawn, and the color code is:
Purple: body
Green: jumpsuit
Silver: plates
Red: armor
Blue: etc parts (vests, pouches)

pictutre041.jpg

pictutre042.jpg

pictutre043.jpg

So here's the basic back layout for now;
back2e.jpg

And here's a few pictures of the pouches under construction;

pictutre044.jpg

pictutre045.jpg

pictutre046.jpg

pictutre050.jpg

pictutre051.jpg

For some reason it's only letting me paste this many photos, so check below for the next update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega-Update 16 Part 2

SO onto the next part of the update! So first let's finish the pouches from the last post;

pictutre052.jpg

Now that that's finished, I figured I needed a little more detail than just some pouches, so I practiced my wood-building skills and made a military radio phone:

pictutre053.jpg

pictutre054.jpg

pictutre055.jpg

pictutre056.jpg

pictutre057.jpg

And here's a test placement of the items on the vest. The radio will be painted tomorrow, and I have more things to make.

pictutre059.jpg

Finally I need to figure out a helmet for this suit. I've been looking at the size of my head compared to the extra space in the collar, and I deduced that I am going to need a rather tight-fitting helmet for this suit. Here's a pic of the helmet below;

p1050352w.jpg

I have a theory or two on how to accomplish this:

1. Buy a PAGST helmet for airsoft, and hope it fits in the gap.

2. Use a bike-helmet that is child's size, and remove the padding inside for a snug fit.

3. Using a vaccu-form machine, vaccu-form a copy of my head and cut out the area for the helmet, then layer it repeatedly for a tight fit.

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it, have a great night, and happy building!

Hey man, this is coming along very well, your progress is great! Now as for your helmet situation, YOU CAN'T VAC-FORM YOUR HEAD. Seriously, the whole point of the process is that you get the plastic so hot that it melts, so you're looking at temperatures of anywhere from 200-400 degrees depending on the type of plastic. Needless to say, you can't put that on your head, i don't care what sort of protective measures you take, that WILL NOT WORK. Anyways, I've used bike helmets in a pinch before, and they sorta work, but your best bet is probably the airsoft helmet (or if you have the money, you could probably get the actual thing from a military surplus store, that would be ideal). Just make sure you get one that fits, and you'd be set.

Lol I know that, I meant get a mannequin head in my size LOL.

Ok, that's far preferable... Heh, anyways, I'd still say go with the airsoft helmet, mainly because it will require no actual building :)
You just buy the thing and that's it, no assembly required!

Ok, that's far preferable... Heh, anyways, I'd still say go with the airsoft helmet, mainly because it will require no actual building :)
You just buy the thing and that's it, no assembly required!

Yeah, I know, I'm just worried that it won't fit in the collar :/

OK, looking at the helmet on the action figure (not a doll--girls play with those), the back half of the helmet looks modified PASGT and the front looks like part of the WWII-through Vietnam helmets. I'd go for the thinnest (not smallest) airsoft PASGT for the back, and see if you can't scrounge up an old fiberglass helmet liner for the front. Between the two, I think you'll be pretty close to the mark.

Redshirt

Definately going to be my next build after my noble six. I don't know about the Juggy on MW2, but on MW3 (the support one) has a riot shield, just wondering if you were or weren't going to make one. If not whenever I get to making one I'll. Good Luck!

Seth

OK, looking at the helmet on the action figure (not a doll--girls play with those), the back half of the helmet looks modified PASGT and the front looks like part of the WWII-through Vietnam helmets. I'd go for the thinnest (not smallest) airsoft PASGT for the back, and see if you can't scrounge up an old fiberglass helmet liner for the front. Between the two, I think you'll be pretty close to the mark.

Redshirt

Thanks for the thought Redshirt, unfortunately the helmets only come in one size on the website, but I see what you are talking about, the whole "multiple helmet approach might be good to look into, thanks!

Definately going to be my next build after my noble six. I don't know about the Juggy on MW2, but on MW3 (the support one) has a riot shield, just wondering if you were or weren't going to make one. If not whenever I get to making one I'll. Good Luck!

Seth

The only issue with making a riot shield is the fact that it would have to be made of a strong plastic. I experimented early with plexiglass, but the width I would need for it to work would be at least half an inch, and that stuff costs a lot of money.

I was tinking just a huge sheet of acrylic see through plastic, find the right way to heat it into a slightly hill like shape, then drill in a brace and a handle. It's just an idea, your build will still be amazing withou the riot shield!
Seth

Thanks Seth, yeah, I had a similar idea, you just need to find out the perfect mold for the ballistic shield. The problem is that BBs travel at excess of 350-400 feet per second, and though that might not sound like much, most plastics are surprisingly weak when pitted against it. Good luck on your shield though.

Thanks Seth, yeah, I had a similar idea, you just need to find out the perfect mold for the ballistic shield. The problem is that BBs travel at excess of 350-400 feet per second, and though that might not sound like much, most plastics are surprisingly weak when pitted against it. Good luck on your shield though.

A couple of months ago a kid brought his home made shield to the local field. Personally, I can't stand the things in airsoft because its nearly an insurmountable defense, especially if there's no grenade play. HOWEVER, his shield was thin enough that it got little star cracks every place it got hit. I admit it looked cooler and cooler as it gained 'seasoning' throughout the game day. Never once did it get penetrated. A 'destructible' shield may give you more satisfaction than you think.

Redshirt

Sir . i have no expression that could fit in this thread. ill try to describe it with my vocablurary so far but its only the lowest way of beeing amazed :

DAMN THIS SHIZZLE LOOKS GREAT ! i love it dude !

ill keep hamaring my f5 xD
giff5.gif

THanks for the response Pig, lol at the F5. I feel like I do that sometimes to see is I put up a post using my subconsious.

@Redshirt. Yeah, I was considering that, but I found a friend who's dad works at a body shop, so we are going to be layering lexan plastic, then we will be taking certain suit parts (rioshield mostly) to a firing range to see what kind of looks we can get from 12g Buck and some 9mm :D

Small update without pictures. Currently I'm based in Ft meyers and I have no way of working on the suit, and in a few days I'll be flying up to new york for some last-minute work with my uncle's construction company. Recently I've been hitting the gym a lot to make sure I can support this armor and the gun, not to mention the riot shield that is going to be roughly 25 pounds ( gasp!). Construction recently has been slow, since I've been working on getting stuff for school which starts the 20th. I put some more detail in the back , and I've been brainstorming about how tomake the back panel seem bigger. I need to bulk out the back more since the collar has about 3/4'' -1'' overhang off the back plate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. So far I have 2 utility pouches (the green ones) and a grey one I've been working on shaping, and I need some more Ideas on what to place on the back. Besides the phone, I brainstormaed with a few 40 Mike Mike's (40mm) and some other things, but any suggestions would be great. Have a nice day, and thanks for reading the thread!

THanks for the response Pig, lol at the F5. I feel like I do that sometimes to see is I put up a post using my subconsious.

@Redshirt. Yeah, I was considering that, but I found a friend who's dad works at a body shop, so we are going to be layering lexan plastic, then we will be taking certain suit parts (rioshield mostly) to a firing range to see what kind of looks we can get from 12g Buck and some 9mm :D

Small update without pictures. Currently I'm based in Ft meyers and I have no way of working on the suit, and in a few days I'll be flying up to new york for some last-minute work with my uncle's construction company. Recently I've been hitting the gym a lot to make sure I can support this armor and the gun, not to mention the riot shield that is going to be roughly 25 pounds ( gasp!). Construction recently has been slow, since I've been working on getting stuff for school which starts the 20th. I put some more detail in the back , and I've been brainstorming about how tomake the back panel seem bigger. I need to bulk out the back more since the collar has about 3/4'' -1'' overhang off the back plate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. So far I have 2 utility pouches (the green ones) and a grey one I've been working on shaping, and I need some more Ideas on what to place on the back. Besides the phone, I brainstormaed with a few 40 Mike Mike's (40mm) and some other things, but any suggestions would be great. Have a nice day, and thanks for reading the thread!
Sorry if it was rude expressed but i had to say it my way even if its offense to someone :O

I really love it . i dont say it cos i have to i just love it dude ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back