MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been hitting the gym a lot to make sure I can support this armor and the gun, not to mention the riot shield that is going to be roughly 25 pounds ( gasp!).

Hey, there's a reason why you can't stop the juggernaut lol!!! Hey, are you just going to be using the pistol/revolver or are you going to try to find an airsoft LMG?

Seth

Hey, there's a reason why you can't stop the juggernaut lol!!!

Seth

Not sure I understood that first part of the sentence , but yeah, I'm thinking of getting a Desert Eagle and and LMG, but the LMG first. Most people have been telling me that I need to get an M60, but I'm thinking of an M249 instead since the magazine isn't on the left side (i'm right handed).

By definition a juggernaut can't be stopped, I was referring to the fact that you have to be strong enough to carry all of that around.

I was just looking up Airsoft LMG's, and to be honest it's going to be the most expensive part of your costume, it may even double the cost of it!

Though it could be an amazing addition to tote around something that big and awesome!

Seth

Well let me calculate the costs so far:

Foam 4 pack of sheets: $10
bought 3 of them: $30

Joannes Burlap and netting fabric: $20

Foamies accent sheets: $10

Hot glue-glue sticks : $8

Krylon terra-cotta color spray-paint: 3 cans= $10

Kon-KRETE truck-bed liner paint: $28

Strapping: $4

Parachute buckles: $2

Quik-release buckles: $2

Military combat boots: $25

Military kevlar-bonded jumpsuit: $70

Balaclava: $10

Hot-knife multitool: $30

Extra blades: $5

Velcro straps: $10

So so far it's about $269.88 and It's not even finished. I still have to order more paint, strapping, foam, and gloves... not to mention a $320 Light Machine Gun, and the $30 monthly subscription to my gym (that one's worth it). So yeah, it's a really expensive project lol.

I know what you understand about expensive, I'm making a N6 Spartan out of pepakura and fiberglass, I've already spent 150 and I'm no where near done! (200 comes a lot quicker than you think...)

Great work Bruder! I wish i could do such amazing Stuff but I'm already struggeling with my Mark V Armor and those Scalingbullshitnonsensefool :D

Just takes practice man

Also to all: Update Tomorrow soonest, Friday latest. Just received my new Airsoft rifle and I'm having way too much fun to work :D

First of all, you may be my favourite person.

second of all, do you have a link to the hot cutter you bought? slean foam cutting has been the bane of my build and i have no idea where to buy one!

Just takes practice man

Also to all: Update Tomorrow soonest, Friday latest. Just received my new Airsoft rifle and I'm having way too much fun to work :D

What did you get?

Redshirt

Update number... er, let's say 19?

Oh. My. God.
Words can not explain how deeply and sincerely sorry I am. Seriously, I am so ashamed of myself, no joke. I kept coming on here, blabbing about Update this and New Picture that, and understand that when I say that I am groveling for your forgiveness, I am. If I can, I will explain.

This next Paragraph is my explanation, skip it if you just came for the photos.

School started, and right off the bat there were problems, between transportation ( I drive so I have to work) and overall horrible teachers, I have been swamped with work for the past month of school. And if that isn't enough, my Mac, which is a Titanium series, died on my on the fifteenth of August. If you don't know, the Titanium series was in production from 2001-2002... yeah, a 11-12 year old Mac. If you can imagine the amount of pictures, videos, and files I had on there, you would understand. I bought a new Mac Mini about a week ago and spent the entire week digitally fishing for EVERY FILE. Over half a Terabyte (1000 gigs) of memory has been extruded in the past week, which includes all my photos for the Juggernaut suit. This update will contain at least 30-40 pics. After transferring every last file I finally got the courage to put up my files on the 405th. and got a message saying that it is updating... go figure. So now that we can get back to business, here is the long lost update.

Replies
@ CPO Mendez: This is the tool I purchased, the one I bought I bought from Michael's , and it came with a case for it too.
http://www.walnuthollow.com/28094creativehobbytool.aspx

@ Redshirt: It's off Airsoft Gi, it's a Lancer-Tactical Full-Metal G300, and I also bought an N*Star Tactical red/green dot cantilever mounted sight. order total was $250 and with the promo-code "Facebookfan" I was able to also get bbs.

No joke it has been so long since my last update, so here we go, if the pictures aren't in order, sorry... I think I left off at the back plate getting work done.

July-August
Summary: Worked on the finish for the collar, began working on the back plate, and went shopping for new gear for the suit.

Pictures:

Related note: The Mac Mini onto which my half-terabyte of info has been copied , alleluia!

dscn9031d.jpg

dscn9032t.jpg

dscn9033f.jpg

dscn9035w.jpg

Onto the suit, first for the updates: The finishing and painting of the collar:

dscn8998n.jpg

Beginning taping off of the collar (battlefield 3 on the screen)

dscn8996p.jpg

Finished paint.

dscn8997c.jpg

dscn8999i.jpg

dscn9003v.jpg

I also mounted the back-plate to the Collar

... And replaced the bolts with new wide washers:
dscn9023.jpg

dscn9022j.jpg

dscn9024a.jpg

And fixed some seals on the back plate:
dscn9002d.jpg

dscn9000.jpg

The Army-Navy Store: The army-navy store I went to called "Al's army/navy" was amazing. everyone there was super awesome and super supportive. The manager of the store (strangely not named Al) Rick helped me around, and even knew what I was woking on building. While I was there I picked up a holster, gloves, and a bayonet sheath for the waist area. Here's a few pics for show:

dscn8993n.jpg

Too many photos, more in the next part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 19 Part 2

The rest of the photos:

dscn8992x.jpg

dscn8995.jpg

looks a bit funny I know, but I assure you it's the shorts.

Rivets: So I decided that the suit needed a nice edge to it to give it that plate-metal look, so I borrowed my father's rivet gun, bought various packs of rivets, and went to work, the rest of this update is for the Rivets:

Vambraces:

dscn9016c.jpg

dscn9015.jpg

dscn9014.jpg

dscn9018g.jpg

dscn9019t.jpg

dscn9017u.jpg

Knee Covers:

dscn9020q.jpg

dscn9021y.jpg

dscn9011.jpg

dscn9030u.jpg

dscn9029.jpg

And I found a pic of all my files transferring, you can see my titanium series under the monitor:
dscn9034d.jpg

More photos in part 3!

Update 19 part 3

If you haven't seen the previous two, I suggest you do before you look at these, also, sorry for the triple-post, but a month and a half leads to a lot of photos!

Radio-Case: The case and holster for the Radio is constructed from 3mm craft "foamies" and wrapped to form a tight seal. To help you envision it, think of those foam beer-can holders to keep your drink cool, same concept. After I finished wrapping, I covered it in green fabric, and installed a strap for mounting. A few rivets and it's ready to go. The nice thing is that the radio is still removable :D

dscn9026.jpg

dscn9027d.jpg

dscn9028w.jpg

To mount it to the back-plate, I pulled the straps through it and glued them to the back, making an effective mount.

That's it for construction pics, I have some photo shoot pictures of the suit, the back yard needed to be cut, and I though it would make a nice setting. NOTICE: THE SUIT ISN'T FINISHED, just wanted to make that clear, understood? there is still plenty of work to be done.

Also note that these pics were taken before riveting and the radio pouch... and yes, I noticed that I forgot a knee-cover, fail lol.

dscn9005.jpg

Yes that is a smiley-face button. Is it planned to stay on the suit? You bet your care-package loving bum it is :D

dscn9009w.jpg

dscn9008p.jpg

The back plate might look disproportional, but I assure you that it looks better in person, the photo doesn't do much justice.

dscn9006aq.jpg

Alright guys *stretches arms out* That's it for this update, I guarantee there will be at least ONE new picture before the end of this month, and let me say a personal thank you for everyone who has been following this thread from the beginning, all your support has been invaluable! and to leave off, here's my favorite picture so far:

dscn9009w.jpg

~Squiddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back