My Armor So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie13

Member DIN
S133
What u see on the pics below is my cardboard armor so far. :cool: it consists completely of cardboard. Tips and crit are welcome :)

That is the best cardboard armor I've ever seen! Welcome to the 405th! It always amazes me what people can do with cardboard :cool:

That's amazing! I'm working on a cardboard Halo 2 ODST suit, but it looks nothing like that! Did u trace the cardboard with pepakura pieces?

i don'r use pepakura(yet i don't know how to use it )i just cut out the pieces of cardboard boxes. for the detail i cut out an seperate layer to get that 3d effect. to holt it all together i used a glueing pistol. and the open ends i filled with putty.

That's pretty amazing for cardboard (and maybe even for pepakura). Can't wait to see it done, great job!

So, how durable is it? All of my cardboard guns were pretty delicate since I used tape. I'm curious to know if using hot glue makes it stronger or not. My guess is that it probably does.

BinaryCode said:
That's pretty amazing for cardboard (and maybe even for pepakura). Can't wait to see it done, great job!

So, how durable is it? All of my cardboard guns were pretty delicate since I used tape. I'm curious to know if using hot glue makes it stronger or not. My guess is that it probably does.

unfortunately I made not the best experiences using tape to connect the cardboardpieces. i also tried it with staples. But the hot-glue-thing was just the best solution, because after drying the glue has a plastic-like consistency, which reinforces the cardboard. But also the thickness of the cardboard is important. In my opinion using hot-glue makes the building much easier :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie13 said:
unfortunately I made not the best experiences using tape to connect the cardboardpieces. i also tried it with staples. But the hot-glue-thing was just the best solution, because after drying the glue has a plastic-like consistency, which reinforces the cardboard. But also the thickness of the cardboard is important. In my opinion using hot-glue makes the building much easier :)

Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I wish I had thought of that when I was making my AR a few years back though. Like I said, it's delicate and wobbly as hell, since no hot glue was used.

I'll have to say it again though, that's damn nice for cardboard.

Wow, That's AMAZING! Great job on weathering. Is that fiberglass resined too, or just Cardboard? If it's Cardboard, how durable is it?

That looks really NICE for just being cardboard. You definitely have some skill with cardboard. Keep us updated!

BinaryCode said:
Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I wish I had thought of that when I was making my AR a few years back though. Like I said, it's delicate and wobbly as hell, since no hot glue was used.

I'll have to say it again though, that's damn nice for cardboard.
well thank u for ur feedvack :D

btw i have to thank everyone who has posted in this thread :D

@ bilsy28 :

its just thicker cardboard reinforced with hot-glue and some putty. this makes the cardboard alot more durable :cool: I made also more layers for the detail :)

here it is! finally i completed and painted my legs. the arms are also done. but i have to paint these. i'll post more pics as soon as possible. ;)[attachment=6983:Halo_Leg_pieces_2.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back