My Br55 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonheart85

Hello 405th.

My name is Evan. Im here to learn more on making halo 3 weapon props, mainly focusing on UNSC types. I came here from a google search of "how to make a Br", and so far, I've been very impressed with my findings, esecially Xtreme TACTICS 101's br tutorial, which I am currently using now to build a Br of my own. This is where ill post my project. tell me what you think, criticism is always welcome, and if you havent seen it yet, go check out Xtreme TACTICS 101's br tutorial. Its wicked.

Heres what I got so far:

[attachment=12366:br_thread 03.jpg][attachment=12365:br_thread 02.jpg][attachment=12364:br_thread 01.jpg]

Looks good so far, keep going! Tactics' tutorial is awesome, looking forward to seeing more on this.

Looks good so far.

Before you add any more details, you should double it width wise. you would be suprised how much more awesome a finished Battle Rifle is when its roughly as thick as it should be.

Also make sure you cut out the carring handle.

Once again, looking great.

Good luck on the rest of it. If you have any more questions, you know who to ask.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Looks good so far.

Before you add any more details, you should double it width wise. you would be suprised how much more awesome a finished Battle Rifle is when its roughly as thick as it should be.

Also make sure you cut out the carring handle.

Once again, looking great.

Good luck on the rest of it. If you have any more questions, you know who to ask.

Cheers!

carring handle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
top part of the Battle Rifle, where the scope sits.

Yea...I cant figure out where that is. Like i know where it is on the blueprints but I cant find where it is on the actual BR cut outs.

Evan La. said:
Hello 405th.

My name is Evan. Im here to learn more on making halo 3 weapon props, mainly focusing on UNSC types. I came here from a google search of "how to make a Br", and so far, I've been very impressed with my findings, esecially Xtreme TACTICS 101's br tutorial, which I am currently using now to build a Br of my own. This is where ill post my project. tell me what you think, criticism is always welcome, and if you havent seen it yet, go check out Xtreme TACTICS 101's br tutorial. Its wicked.

Heres what I got so far:

[attachment=12366:br_thread 03.jpg][attachment=12365:br_thread 02.jpg][attachment=12364:br_thread 01.jpg]

UPDATE---

I ran into a snag with the building. I cant figure out how to do the charging handle well (step 5) right. I just finished cutting out the carrying handle, and I need a very specefic explanation on what to do next. Please help thx.

Evan La. said:
UPDATE---

I ran into a snag with the building. I cant figure out how to do the charging handle well (step 5) right. I just finished cutting out the carrying handle, and I need a very specefic explanation on what to do next. Please help thx.

Actualy nvm Im figuring it out.

Evan La. said:
Actualy nvm Im figuring it out.

Found the perfect scope the other day, can't figure out how I'm gonna get it on though. It isn't compatible with scope rails and hot glue didn't work lol. Any ideas? (I'll post pictures when I get home)

Evan La. said:
UPDATE---

Hey guys

Im coming along great. These will be my last pictures of progress, because after the charging handle, barrel, resin, and paint, ill be done. Ill post pictures of the finished product ASAP. As you can see, I have finished the main detail. Its also obvious im not going for exact accuracy, I just want to get the idea across, and i think ive executed that fairly well. Tell me what you think.

Personally, you should have just cut to layers and use a strip of cardboard about a inch wide and long enough to go around the boarder of the whole gun

Multiple layers is just straight out messy and will use a lot more body filler to even up

i am haji said:
Personally, you should have just cut to layers and use a strip of cardboard about a inch wide and long enough to go around the boarder of the whole gun

Multiple layers is just straight out messy and will use a lot more body filler to even up

Don't post unless you know what your talking about, please. If I can do exactly what Evan La. is doing correctly, so can Evan La. He knows about my tutorial, and it says for him to do that. He is still a ways away from resin and bondo. The Battle Rifle still needs some detailing, and a bunch of clean up still to go. I'm sure he knows what he is doing. When he has a questions, he PM's me and I help him out.

Evan La, looks good so far. Just follow the tutorial to the letter. if you have any more questions, you know who to contact.

Good luck!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Don't post unless you know what your talking about, please. If I can do exactly what Evan La. is doing correctly, so can Evan La. He knows about my tutorial, and it says for him to do that. He is still a ways away from resin and bondo. The Battle Rifle still needs some detailing, and a bunch of clean up still to go. I'm sure he knows what he is doing. When he has a questions, he PM's me and I help him out.

Evan La, looks good so far. Just follow the tutorial to the letter. if you have any more questions, you know who to contact.

Good luck!

Much appreciated.

Evan La. said:
Hey guys

Im coming along great. These will be my last pictures of progress, because after the charging handle, barrel, resin, and paint, ill be done. Ill post pictures of the finished product ASAP. As you can see, I have finished the main detail. Its also obvious im not going for exact accuracy, I just want to get the idea across, and i think ive executed that fairly well. Tell me what you think.

Im having a bit of a problem. I found a scope (it looks just like the one on the real BR), and it has a working red dot sight and everything. It fits great with the BR. I need to figure out a way to get it on the scope rail though. I cant use rifle scope rails because the place where you connected it on my scope snapped off a while ago. Any suggestions?

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Don't post unless you know what your talking

Beg your pardon?

Constructive critism: guns profile in design is right on without a doubt. Since your layers are roughly cut, your going to be using a lot more body filler to even out the edges and surcfaces on along the top of rigle.

Heres a wip i was doing some time ago before any blueprints were available

100_0391.jpg

this is what i was trying to suggest, I think its a hasslte to cut layer after layer, if you used 2 cut outs of the profile and glued a a strip of cardboard a inch wide along the edges, it would save a deal of cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back