My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither...

Smooth-Sil 50 takes quite a while to cure at room temp. 48 hours or so. The smaller molds can be baked in the oven at 170 for an hour but the big ones won't fit.

And hand roto casting one takes a lot less time than I thought it would.

Upper receiver:
brmold25.jpg

You can see where part 3 of the 3 piece mold goes.
brmold26.jpg

;) That is nice. I'd try to come up with something clever to say, but the awesome just melted my brain.

Did you know that the rebound 25 stuff can handle material up to around 400 degrees? Could make for some good metal casting if you can find a way/place to heat the metal. The thing is though that the rebound is tin based. If you got one of the casting materials that is platinum based you would be able to use something like aluminum to cast the weapons, again, supposing you can find a place to do it and melt the metals. If there is a college in the area that has a good metals program, they might be willing to let you come in and melt down some aluminum and pour it into the molds as an example of using alternative molding materials.

EDIT: Also... AWESOME build!!!!

Damn... the one I tried designing only came up to just under 24" minus the barrel. Guess I was a little off. Oops :p lol

Freaking unbelievable!! You and Lee make one hell of a pair!! Keep it up. I can't wait to see everything assembled!! :eek:

Yodajammies said:
dang. I'm in the shop today and just had to eyeball the measurements. I was pretty close though at 27" :D

I need to check, but have you started a thread on your BR?

That was pretty close on the measurement!

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say is... OMG!?!!! This is an awesome Battle Rifle. Do you plan on putting an electronic ammo counter inside it?

SpartanSRS said:
All I have to say is... OMG!?!!! This is an awesome Battle Rifle. Do you plan on putting an electronic ammo counter inside it?

Yes, I ordered one 6 months ago and still haven't received it, but yes thats the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back