My Cqb Progress... Helmet Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited to see what is gonna happen next!! From the looks of it you are doing fine...so fine it actually looks how I was doing my helmet.

:popcorn:

So awesome... hopefully when I start to finish mine up it'll look this good! You've got one helluva skill in papercraft! ;)

Great job so far dude. Actually its really great for a first build. I like the color on the handplate, looks very deserty.

- Adulese

Thanks everyone! Updated in first post. Slow but sure progress. Also working on other things at the same time. Both HD bicep/shoulder pieces are resined and hopefully first layer of glass done tonight. Working on my third torso size tester as well.

thats looking even better!

did you bondo that handplate?

it looks great, and my attempt at bondoing my handplate failed, i just want to know so i can rethink my handplate

Zenzeigan... bondo on the hand plate was mostly on the 3 "holes" to get them round instead of faceted. Only really used bondo where you could see the paper overlapping or where things weren't perfect. The two coats of resin on the outside were plenty thick for the light sanding that this smallish piece required. I was actually surprised by how little bondo the handplates required.

Geo said:
Hey WetOkole!!! Cool to see you here! Geo from the TDH.

Hey Sup buddy!! Welcome to the site as well and can't wait to see what you make!

Sigma-LS said:
Looks really good. Man, I love these smooth CQB's!

Doesn't it feel good to see what you started!! Maybe we will have a squad of CQB spartans running around. That would be cool though all types of Perms going to Dcon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you keep the circles so perfect? do you put something there to keep from too much bondo getting there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back