WOW...I am totally jealous with the work you have there!! I actually like your vents alot better than how mine came out!! are they molded parts?? Good job can't wait for the painted version and the visor installment!!
@Kensai: It looks like he wet sanded that bad boy!! IDK
I've just been sanding and sanding and sanding and, oh yeah.... sanding! No wetsanding yet, but a 400 grit sponge does wonders.
WetOkole- I made the vents out of some sheets of plastic and a chopped up round lid from something for the top detail, I don't remember exactly what it was. Then made up a quick silicone mold and poured them with smoothcast 300. They didn't come out perfect by any means, but bondo hides a lot of sins!!!
-WetOkole- Thanks again and hint taken, since yours was the inspiration and motivation for mine, I'll pour you a set. I'll drop you a PM, but don't say I didn't warn you that they take some fixing up! I temporaily put in the visors with hot glue just for positioning (glued to the helmet and each other) then used some plumbing repair putty to anchor them in place permanently in a couple of key locations. It comes in a clear tube and its like a cylinder of clay. You just cut pices off and knead them together. Once dry its like steel, its even machinable when dry. And it sticks to pretty much anything. Got it from either Home Depot or Ace Hardware, don't remember which.
-Lamesauce- The color is Krylon Indoor/Outdoor "Bauhaus Gold"
Glad I got all the tips and tricks from everyone from reading the forum BEFORE I started. Made things MUCH easier. I'll start a new thread for the armor progress once I'm beyond the plain pep stage. Already finished pep'ing the feet, shins, space diaper, and biceps. Working on the chest this weekend and both handplates are done and painted and attached to my gloves already. All HD stuff.
Very nice job on that helmet indeed.
Its like I've said before ladies and gentledudes, the finished paint job can only look as amazing, as how smooth you get your primed surface. Paint is 95% prep, and 5% spraying.
Thanks everyone, greatly honored to be in the elite showcase! Could not have done it without all the great artists and information on this site.
Working on the rest of the armor as we speak with CQB permutations of course.
-Macattack64- The battle damage is basically per Adams tutorial except after all that was done I used a soft cloth and the same silver paint to buff some of the edges instead of just the drybrushing with silver to hopefully add a little more worn look. I also used the cloth with brown primer to add some "dirt" in places. Worked okay, but hopefully will get better on the rest of the suit.