My custom reach build; Spartan 151!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's progress involved, sanding down the bondo I did yesterday. Although I ended up doing that last today so it was just basic sanding to get everything down to a somewhat decent level and I'll sand more and go through the process of sanding with 60 grit, 120 grit then 250 grit.
I don't have pictures of that unfortunately, BUT another big step today was getting foam worked into the chest piece and creating the ab piece. I got some pictures of it and in it with my undersuit. Hope yall enjoy.
001-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

Haha, thanks! I did most of it at work :p I do night shifts as security, so while everyone is asleep my boss is more than happy to let me do it as long as I stay awake :p

Ha ha yeah dude, gotta love a job with a chill boss. I began my first pep at work, cause there were looking periods of inactivity. So it was sit on my ass, or make something out of it

Alright guys! I'm sure you all are just about as eager as I to have 405th back up and running! Do you know what the time apart means? AWESOME UPDATE! Well, it's awesome to me. :p
So to celebrate this occasion I give you progress pictures!
Let's start with the helmet. So far it's just about done, it's all painted up with the final details added. Now all that's left is to add the visor, lights, and padding on the inside.
001_zpsa1a3a1e8.jpg

002_zpsad2bcd32.jpg

Next, the chest which is at about the same stage as the helmet. All painted with a few holes waited for me to cut some plexiglass to put in its place for the lights.
002-2.jpg

007_zps6dc067f8.jpg

And all the other pieces same state as the above; painted and waiting for light and/or padding.
004_zps1fd18341.jpg

003_zps9cac0613.jpg

008_zps4618e995.jpg

009_zps120beba8.jpg

010_zps160a13c3.jpg

011_zpsd7d8b5f5.jpg

012_zpscf347ea9.jpg

013_zpsdc72287d.jpg

It seems I have reached my picture limit so I'll continue this in another reply...

Back again with the rest for you all!

My boots I am very proud of. I used expanding foam to secure the pieces where I wanted. I still need to paint the foam after I finish trimming it up a bit.
003_zpsc5e97d41.jpg

002_zps99878993.jpg

001_zps80011d00.jpg

005_zpsa485bd1a.jpg

006_zpsd416c17c.jpg

Lastly, I've decided to have some creative fun here and sprayed some expanding foam into a ball to see if I can't create a hand grenade from Halo Reach. It's all free hand as I go and it's just for fun so I won't be sad if it doesn't work out well :p
014_zps989b41a5.jpg

You guys know the drill! Comments, tips, criticism, let's hear it all!

are you using a flat or shimmered paint scheme? If you go with a flat paint, it might look more armor-plate flat than if you were to use shimmer color (anything not labeled as flat). From the pictures it looks shimmered, though that might be the flash, interested on how this turns out!

It's all looking great! Honestly, I think it's too bad that you're using a lot of the old files, but you're making them look outstanding.

I hope the grenade goes well. Good luck and keep up the good work.

are you using a flat or shimmered paint scheme? If you go with a flat paint, it might look more armor-plate flat than if you were to use shimmer color (anything not labeled as flat). From the pictures it looks shimmered, though that might be the flash, interested on how this turns out!

Both the main and secondary colors do have a metallic finish only because it was between that or cookie monster blue haha. The flash does make it look a bit more shiny and reflective than it really is though.

It's all looking great! Honestly, I think it's too bad that you're using a lot of the old files, but you're making them look outstanding.

On my next build I'll most likely put a lot more time into in and go with the most up to date files :p Haven't decided between Iron Man or Halo 4... it'll be in foam too...

Looks good so far. I wish you luck as well with the grenade.

Thank you, I do appreciate it :) I'll keep you all updated as everything comes together.

Dang! You're gonna have to post a picture of the pair of yall. I noticed you used a lot of the easier pep files, but you made it all look real good and detailed.

A small update because I'm excited lol

I have my visor installed on the helmet along with some inner padding to keep it from jiggling around my head. Also I need to add my LEDs but that's later on. I may trim it up a bit to make it a little more comfortable but so far it does the job well and here it is for you guys to see!
004_zps27990717.jpg

005_zps0713ff45.jpg

wow the helmet visor looks great!! I love that it is so reflective so that no one can see your face and stuff, speaking from personal experience its hard to find a good, mirrored visor-but it looks like you were pretty successful in doing that! very nice

wow the helmet visor looks great!! I love that it is so reflective so that no one can see your face and stuff, speaking from personal experience its hard to find a good, mirrored visor-but it looks like you were pretty successful in doing that! very nice

I spent days on ebay just looking through visors that to anybody else would have looked the same but I'd be like "hmm.... no I can kind of see through it, next. This one isn't the right shade of gold, next." I was very difficult for me to finally order one lol. Thanks for the compliments!

I'm sorry guys. I've been meaning to keep up with this thread but things have been so busy and if I'm not doing one thing I'm doing something else and when I get some down time I simply don't have the will or energy to drag out my progress take some pictures and upload them. BUT that will change today, seeing as it is halloween and the whole point of this costume was to wear on this day I will take pictures of EVERYTHING for yall! And did I mention I crammed about a months worth of work into about 3 days to help my girlfriend finish her reach build as well? Well, you'll see later on tonight, if not, tomorrow. :) I won't leave you guys hanging again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back