My First Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue/White White/Blue seems to be pretty popular-I think when I make armor, I'm gonna make it default master chief color, then later if/when I make more armor, then I'm gonna start using different colors. You should go for something BA dude, like Black and Red or something else cool. Or pink. :lol:
On the flip side, while looking through the emoticons, I found this one: Sorry, dont mean to jack your thread, just wanted to add that in there. Wow

222notforu!!! said:
What type of glue did you use?

I used elmers all purpose and a Blow Dryer, Surprisingly enough it holds really really well.

Well Going to get the Fiberglass today so wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck... I love the elmers all purpose it works so well... but if you end up running out... don't try using school glue... it doesn't work well, it's almost like a really watered down version that doesn't stick... I tried... :p...

Also good luck on the fiberglassing. I hope it all goes well... :)

For sure dude, good luck! I think it'll turn out really well for you.

Also, I like your painting scheme. Very nice! It doesn't really matter whether or not a particular painting scheme is more popular, it's just important that you can live with it :lol: NAS has awesome colours, and I love their textures so good choice.

Brainal said:
For a first attempt, it's great. A few dents here and there, but nothing bondo can't fix

Regarding Bondo, does it adhere properly to scotch tape, I did my first papercraft/pepakura build yesterday and finishd it. I made flying squirls assualt rifle, I wasn't planning on strengthing it or anything before but now i kinda want to and paint it aswell, A hot glue gun wasn't availible to me so used scotch tape, will Bondo resin adhere properly? and Im assuming I don't have to use fiber glass cloth, the resin will harden it on its own.

please help a nub like me!

ps. all the replies in all the topics are displayed as lniks below the original post and i need to click on them to view the reply, is there any way to fix this?

thanks

smr312 said:
the right side looks lopsided (or maby its stand is crooked):/

Nope picture is crooked, also the paper towel roll was a bit off I think. Next time I will get better pics.

Ok I finished the Fiberglassing, I think it went pretty well. Got to clean up the inside bird nests and sand and body filler / sand the out side still. So bare with me it looks like a mess. LOL

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0392.jpg