My first build - HD Master Chief MJOLNIR armour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TJ ^___^ as always, its great to be back!

Tiny update time!!!!

I don't have pictures at the moment but you guys have seen the full suit in pepped stage, I've resined the hand parts, upper arms, half the chest plate, half the helmet, both thighs, one shin and both boots ... (wow thats diffficult to understand for me, I will list them o-o)

RESIN STATUS
Helmet - 50%
Chest - 35%
Upper arms - 100%
Lower arms - 0%
Hands - 100%
Cod Piece - 0%
Thighs - 100%
Shins - 55%
Boots - 100%

SOOO GRAND TOTAL = is roughly 60% done ...

I hate resining so much :( its so sticky and smelly and gross and horrible ... I preferred pepping, it was much cleaner.

In other news ... I havent stopped crying since stills from GazettE's MELT dvd went up on facebook ... I ordered a copy of course but I've been a wreck ever since and won't log onto tumblr for fear I'll see pictures etc and I dont wanna see them because I'm waiting to watch the whole DVD myself...

This is from their 2011 DVD, Venomous Cell Tour Finale OMEGA in Yokohama Arena

Also, in case ya'll are missing a little controversy, I've got a bloody strange one for ya!

I didn't start listening to BORN until after I read it and I had to investigate (they're like an emo-y version of GazettE, you can feel the influences except they are less progressive than GazettE, some songs are deadly others disappointing, but overall I rate them pretty good, they're still a little fresh so I'd certainly keep an eye on them in the future)
But back to the controversy, at 3:30 the lead singer gets his eyeball licked by some chick and its started a massive wave of eyeball licking in Japan and America (of course people licked eyeballs before BORN but its just exploded now) and people are getting eye infections like its going out of fashion ...
CHECK OUT THE BASS AT ABOUT 2:30 AFTER THE GUITAR SOLO AND GROWLY STUFF ... Its deadly, the bassist is pretty good, Proudia also features some nice bass.

As always, I need to point out that the singer looks like Ruki (GazettE particularly from the RED pv) ... Like I said, GazettE influences them heavily.

As for the eyeball licking, in defence of the band ... the singer wears contacts, and they aren't exactly great at preventing eye infections if you're careless but you don't see people writing strange webarticles about the use of contacts in the PV do you?

and here's proudia just incase you wanted to see a BORN take on ballads.

Last edited by a moderator:
just read through the entire thread ...I haven't been around long

Good to hear things are improving! Looking forward to the pictures!

Stay strong

Thanks 513, and welcome to 405th!! ^____^ I'm keeping strong indeed, for once my health isn't preventing me from costume making, it is my busy schedule!!! But I won't complain. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm finished fiberglassing ^___^ once the repainting and rewiring in the house is done the worst should be over and I should be able to finish fiberglassing.

Waiting for another coat of undercoat paint to dry ... got some whopper work done, need to buy a little more resin and hardner though before I continue. At this point here's my current Resin/fiberglass status!

RESIN STATUS
Helmet - 100%
Chest - 35%
Upper arms - 100%
Lower arms - 100%
Hands - 100%
Cod Piece - 0%
Thighs - 100%
Shins - 70%
Boots - 100%

SOOO GRAND TOTAL = is roughly 80% done ...

Out of fiber resin stuff blah blah, so I'm uploading pictures while I wait to restock, it doesnt look too different since, well, its only fiberglass, also, started messing with the bondo today, I'm sure I've made a total pigs ear of it, but since it can be sanded back down again I'm not the slightest bit worried!!!

heres progress so far folks, also, just let me add, my hospital date has been put forward a week so I'll let you know next week if I'm good to go or if i still need to work on my health. Right now, I'm feeling great, the only thing I'm worried about is my driving test instead of my health (I failed by one point last time and the test is very strict here, I've been driving nearly 3 years with no accidents so its very frustrating and Im very nervous!!!)

tumblr_inline_mp3t3fTJda1r9n4mv.jpg

resined pieces

tumblr_inline_mp3t6bzyl31r9n4mv.jpg

messing with P38 ... I assume this is like a European version of Bondo, either way, its working, needs to be sanded though
tumblr_inline_mp3t6zPBVx1r9n4mv.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3t7lkqca1r9n4mv.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3t8eHeGy1r9n4mv.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3t974pxM1r9n4mv.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3t9vVHqY1r9n4mv.jpg

tumblr_inline_mp3talMqgR1r9n4mv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back