My first build - HD Master Chief MJOLNIR armour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
my_smexi_new_do_by_cheshirevirus3-d4ofzo6.png

Heres my epic new hair btw!!! -sorry for crap quality it was evbening and my webcam is pretty pitiful-

I noticed its a lot like Noel's (ffxiii2) while I was playing lol but it inspired by Uruha of The Gazette, its actually a copper red orangey colour but looks brown in the pic xP

hair looks good btw! lol

Going out to the Oriental Emporium -mini Chinatown- to get some authentic Japanese snacks :3

Need a bit of cheering up, my EDS is causing problems so I'll be splinting again (ugh) so guitar and MJOLNIR build is being seriously slowed down :(

Ontop of that, I have tonnes of school work due so I better get to work!!! Once Im finished programming -my most recent assignment, should take me a couple of weeks, not too long if I work real hard- I will construct a boot piece, just to show you guys -and myself- that I havent quit!

hey, just give school some work, and everything will come out fine. I can't wait to see what else you have in store when you get back to armoring. everything will be just fine, you have your authentic Japanese snacks to snack on while you do your work, and that's awesome!! :D cheer up chic!

yeah, Im doing alright I guess ... I had an exam today -that I totally forgot about- and I showed up with -honest to god- nothing in my bag ... except snacks ... I went into an exam without a pen ¬_¬ ... but I borrowed one and most likely flunked xD haha but its okay!
and as for assignments, ehhh ... I think Im staying on top of them :/ heck I'll struggle through.
Once my wrists are safe enough to take out of splints Ill be putting in some armour work, its been AGEESSS >.< I miss it!!!

wow that blows haha but hey, things could be worse. excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is EDS? I hope your wrists feel better soon so you can cut and fold those miniscule little pieces. lol hope you're gettin better!

Thats what I always tell myself :) coz if you l,et things get you down in the dumps it sucks, so yeah, things could be worse, :D
EDS = Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, its a mutation of the genes that causes joints to by hypermobile, so every joint in my body is double jointed, they disloate easily and stuff. Most of my bones and joints are currently misalligned or out of place since I was diagnosed till I was 17 and I didnt know so I didnt take care of my bones and use splints and stuff, but its okay, now that I know I have the disorder I can look after myself better :)

But now its half 2 in the morning so Imma go to bed lolz

oh, ok. sorry again for my lack of knowledge. so you're 17 right now? lol and yes indeed, it's always best to look after yourself the best you can. and goodnight lol ttyl

No, I'm 19 in March now, I was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago and dont worry about it, EDS is an obscure disease to say the least, its still not recognised like anywhere :/ and theres no specific diagnosis criteria or treatment :/ its an "invisible disability" some would call it, but I hate using the word disability since I'm not particularly debilitated by it, I still get up and drive to uni every day like everyone else, I just have a strange condition that means I have to be a little careful about the way I use my body :)

oh, ok. well yea, it's always best to be careful. lol no motocross daredevil stunts or anythin like that, not a disability, just a minor setback. :)

Too right! Youre right about motocross too, Im not allowed to cycle since I dislocated my knees so many times xD lol

haha but like you say, just a minor setback :D Im printing out the left boot pep now so Im back to work lol -even though I should be doing other things yikes lol- Ill update again soon :D

yea, who really needs motocross anyway? people without EDS can kill themselves on those things, and ahhhhh, I can't wait to see!! feel free to drop a comment on my own thread if you want to sometime! :) lol here's somethin funny for you:

procrastination.jpg

wow, you have very good artistic skill, but I bet it hurts your wrists. :/ good job though, looks like Resident Evil material!! lol

Thanks but I was a little lazy, I robbed some parts from the internet and just whammed them together :/ but anywayz, thanks again for your kind comment :) I havent seen/played resident evil, but I'll look into it ;P

Yeah I think I should take it easy with stuff Im seeing a doctor on Tuesday :( Ill let you guys know how it goes, hopefully it will be okay.

hey, painting is painting, be it one frame, or 30 frames. ;) haha yep, it's as old as the hills, but resident evil code veronica x for the ps2 is the one I think it looks like from. lol

and, I hope it goes good, good luck!!! :)

Guys I want to say a final big thank you to all your support and interest in my progress.

Unfortunately it is FINAL, for now at least. I am going on a hiatus from this forum. As you might know -if youve been religiously following this which is only a little strange ;P- you'll know I have a condition that affects the collagen in my body. Unfortunately its gotten progressively worse and I'm awaiting treatment. I have trouble walking and suffer tremendous pain, so I am physically unable to work on my armour as the situation stands. It used to keep my mind busy so I ignored the pain I felt, but since I've gotten worse I need to stop, now I just spend my time sitting down reading, anywa, I just wanted to thank you all and wish you all the best.

Please dont send get better soons/feel pity etc, there is no cure, this disease wont kill me -at least I havent been told that-, and I'll have better days, I'll get stronger and be able to gradually get back to a smewhat normal life. I am starting a blog, like an online diary that will follow my progress, since this condition is very rare, there is very little information or help out there. I've been lucky enough to find some small support groups, so I feel by writing about my journey I can hopefully help others learn about the condition or cope with it if they suffer themselves.

On another note, I'm actually a little angry and offended by Bungie Studios at the moment, relating to my disease. As I said before, I'm very limited in my mobility at the moment, so Im sitting down reading and studying etc -my fingers get so weak I can't play xbox sometimes- so now I've started reading Halo Evolutions Volume 1, and on page 35 Dr Halsey tells Soren about the SPARTAN-II augementations shortly before they are due to take place.
Every Halo fan should know that these augmentations are/were dangerous and that many spartan's died or were left physically and/or mentally disabled or debilitated. Anyway on this page the disorder I have is mentioned and I quote -please dont sue!-

There's a chance, a nontrivial one, that you could die during the augmentation. Even if you don't die, there's a strong risk of Parkinson's, Fletcher's syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, as well as potential problems with deformation or atrophy of the muscles and degenerative bone conditions"

Unquote ...

It really upset me, especially since I have the condition, a condition that you are GENETICALLY BORN WITH and NOT DEVELOPED. It just made me upset that the condition was just tossed into the sentence like that.

The diagnostic criteria for EDS is sketchy to say the least and very little is known about the condition because it is so rare. I just feel a little upset that it was thrown into Dr Halsey's "potential risk" list so cavalierly.

Well I don't want to dampen your day any further, I'll miss you guys and wish you all the best. Don't forget me though :) Spartan's never die, they're just MIA

Not sure what I can say, as you forbid "I feel sorry for you" messages, but I've had good times following your thread, and I hope to see more as soon as possible (I hope I didn't post anything you just forbid). I hope I'll hear something of you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back