My first build - HD Master Chief MJOLNIR armour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nealy finished that mammoth task of the chest armour, glad I stuck at it (thanks to you guys for the continued pep talks and "go for its!!!") should be finished by tonight if I really work at it, and I will have pictures up tomorrow!!! :D Or possibly tonight if I get super excited more than exhausted!!!

QUestion is, what to do next? THe Arms/hand parts or cod piece? You decide hahaha Im at your mercy, I seriously dont mind, it will all be done eventually :) As long as the chest is out of the way, seems like plain sailing from there (please no one tell me it gets harder haha)

I suggest the hand plates.
They're small and easy to whip out in an hour or two. :D Easy-Peasy-Lemon Squeezy!

Right, so hands and then arms before the cod piece, legs and boots :D right-y-o thanks Saber :D I just have an hour or two left on the chest, because its being a b!tch, my glue is being spazzy and its just jumping the last hurdle that things get tough, I can gladly say though that I'm actually pretty proud of it, even though its far from perfect, its a perfect fit at least (I have it on a tailors dummy/mannequin that is roughly an inch or two bigger than me and if fits nice and snuggly) THe support struts are pissing me off so I'm considering wrapping the mannequin in cling film/saran wrap and maybe sticking in some news paper stuffing/makeshift struts to support it,

yeah i would just go in that order, handplates are easy and you can finish both in 1 day about 1 hr 15min or so

I wish I had a mannequin... I don't have the money to buy one at the moment. Or the patience/body to make a duct tape dummy.

TADA its finished

Its 3am, Im going to bed but ... here you go! Sorry for poor quality, I used my phone and the camera on it is a piece of poo lol

and @Saber I had a duct tape dummy for a while, I got a mannequin *its a childs mannequin, since there arent any adult ones small enough to fit me ^^; and the chest and hips are still a little larger than me lol, but I got it pretty cheap from Northern Ireland, just gotta keep your eyes peeled for a good deal.

377952_149562851823634_100003097617337_214009_433321232_n.jpg

The blisters on my fingers are absolutely killing me >.< damn glue gun burns

374190_149562411823678_100003097617337_214008_683582417_n.jpg

Not as well as I'd hoped I'd do, but Im happy to continue, god knows Im not making another chest armour any time soon!!!

nite guys, its 3am,Im hitting the hay

THank you!!
*nods, lightly embarrased I considered scraping it* Yes RK, I'm glad I didnt start over xP hehe
Its not perfect, theres are loads of little faults in it that bug me, but you wont see a thing when its fiber glassed/resined and bondo'd.

Up next, all the arms pieces, cod piece then legs!
I've decided to leave resining and fiberglassing (even though I've already half done fiberglass and resin on the helmet) till the weather picks up, its starting to look a little sunny outside (weird for January winter weather i know) so Im gonna focus on pepping till its nearer to summer, also gonna look out for my other parts like visor/leds and the under armour etc.

You're pep is looking good. The other pieces will get easier, The more you do the faster/better it gets.

Wow I love how the chest piece turned out! This is making me want to get back to work on my build! Only reason I haven't is because I've been working on a pep commission for a friend which should be done today. I applaud you for finishing this, doing my LD chest was a pain, I can't imagine doing a HD chest. Keep it up!

@Thorn, wow thats a relief lol, Im glad I done this though anyway :D Plenty of experience and practice from working on the chest piece alone!

@Metal, yeah, I think its alright I guess haha thank you, sometimes I look at the HD build and think I was insane, I probably should have done the low def build but I dont a high def helmet so Ive decided to do as much high def as possible, I wouldnt be happy if I switched between high and low def parts lol, good luck with your build when you get back to it.

I dunno :/ I like using the high def pep, if I tried to bondo/dremel in those details I dont think they'd look very good or come out symmetrical (Im awfully clumsy), although Im sure there are some people who can make amazing HD out of LD pep files, Im just not one of them haha, twas worth the effort though :D

Gonna do the hand gauntlet things tonight, should be a piece of cake!!! :D but right now I have to apply for uni -early huh! considering Im still only at the start of my second semester- again, then get a shower and go to bed early so I can drive to college at 7 o'effin'clock tomorrow morning TT_TT haha

MORE PICS!!!!

GOt the Hand/gauntlet parts done :D I think they're a little too big tbh, but Ill hang onto them till the whole armour is done, then Ill try scaling them down or whatever later on, they'll do for now :) Quick and relatively simple, only one glue gun burn for my efforts haha

409415_150834561696463_100003097617337_217634_2091100240_n.jpg

Tada!

Time for a break, which means more Ghosts of Onxy reading, Ive barely had time to curl up with a book (heaven forbid a game) in a while due to the armour work and school assignments.
388502_150834625029790_100003097617337_217635_1501238635_n.jpg

DO you like my nails? THey're shellac, a little treat I got for the new year and for my hard work, and good thing I did too, the shellac polish is virutally indestructible!!! *I know because ive been picking glue off and nearly sliced through my nails with a knife, the polish is still perfect!*

They remind me of the covenant Ghost ships hehe the colour looks strange due to the flash of my poor quality camera phone >.< but they're purpley blue :)

I've read all the Halo books, lol. Ghosts of Onyx is one of my favorites! Though I must admit, reading the entire Halo Encyclopedia was the most informative (go figure... it's an encyclopedia). And yes, we all like your nails, lol. They're purdy! ^_^

Rex out.

Haha thanks everyone :D Yeah, Im reading every halo book I can get my hands on, but I barely have time to read, since like I said earlier, school, armour etc. Im a little over halfway through Ghosts of Onyx, the other books I finished in a couple of days coz I literally sat and read all day lol, still its good to get a bit of longevity out of books, good to be busy again.
I have the encylopedia too :D its the best!!! and The Art of Building Worlds, I got a few books for christmas, All Halo, that was all I asked for and my parents utterly spoiled me with books!!!! twas wobderful, had loads of reading material since :D
Awh yeah, Covenant Nails FTW xD

Oh, forgot to mention, Im going to a house warming party tonight and then working on my school assignments for the rest of the weekend/week, so there will be very few updates, in my opinion, I've done a lot the past few weeks, and Ill have tonnes of time in the spring break since my friends have exams for a whole month after I finish. So for the rest of this week (and possibly next week) there most likely wont be any photo updates or anything, but I will be back :) gotta balance work and Halo, I gots loadsa halo done, now time to do some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back