My first build - HD Master Chief MJOLNIR armour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :D lol my cat is cleaning her fuzzy toes its so cute :3 aaanyway back to 405th world, :D thanks guys, if you wanna follow my progress just subscribe this thread or whatever hah, Im so flattered everyones been so nice :D hehe yay
In other news, I stayed out all night at the house party, it was great :D now Im working on my 3d assignment all day, then Im getting up super early tomorrow (3 hours before college) and going to New Bridge before I go to Dublin >.< so super busy till at least wednesday/thursday or Tuesday evening at best.

I'll start the bicep parts next but that will have to wait a couple of days :) -or knowing me I might get a five min break and jump in today!-

GOt my 3d work done since I spent a whole day from 1 in the afternoon till 7 at night working, was worth it though, decided to take a break and started the forearm part! Its the perfect loength but at the top (near my elbow) theres a massive amount of room *yikes lol* I guess I need to work out more haha
Nearly finished putting it together, got over halfway last night, gonna continue when Im back from college this evning :) take care guys and

@Frito, go for it, the HD armour can be a pain, but if I (a noob and a clumsy tiny person) can do it, then anyone can at least try :)

Pix up laters gaizz

407602_153121991467720_100003097617337_223942_328749743_n.jpg

BAM, pictures up :D
got the right forearm done, perfect length but its massive at the top (elbow-ish part) and skinny at the bottom (although I have skinny wrists and it fits fine, might sand it down though after bondo to allow more room) :D this was an annoying piece to do and the pain is I have to do it again for the left side *aggrivated eyeroll*

Anyway, more progress!!!
377061_153128358133750_100003097617337_223949_1349234237_n.jpg

Very nice work so far! Can't wait to see more!
I got all my pepping done but I have to wait till it gets nicer here... It's snowing!

THanks :D It didnt snow here this year thank god, I drive 2 hours a day to get to uni and back so snow on the roads would be chaos, infact its been pretty nice weather here for winter, it was sunny today but still cold :/ haha betcha come summer the weather will be **** over here >.< aghhh another forearm to build lol

It's not so bad here... The ground here is so wet as it is that the snow isn't sticking so it's better driving. But that also means I still have to go to class today... :( We've had a fairly good winter. Not as much rain as we've had in the past and this is the first time we've had snow in forever. Last time it was four years ago and we got 16 inches! (40.6 cm!!!)

Wow ... thats an impressive amount of snow guys! Its never bee that bad here since I moved here a few years ago, freak-snow storms arent popular, we usually get a few inches (5 at most I'd say and even then that would be odd, at least where I live)

Okay guys, im working on the other arm, since Im bedridden with flu and cant get my brain around some assignments, but anyway I have MORE NEWS!!!! :D My best friend (lovely amazing girl, couldnt ask for anyone even a quarter as amazing as she is) has agreed to cosplay cortana (with my help making the costume of course, but its a lot less complicated than sprtan armour!!!) to the con me and another friend are going too (she also wants to cosplay halo, possibly Miranda Keyes or Dr Halsey) even though they havent played halo/arent interested in Halo. So guys, any ideas on other easy cosplays for Halo girls (Cortana is taken and my other girl friend doesnt like skirts or dresses
) so yeah got any great ideas?

Im not one of the super-awesome-elite-or-not-newb-members so I cant post a thread of this, but guys, seriously, sign this peition and send it around everywhere, we need a halo movie, nearly 5000 signatures is just the beginning, lets make it 1 million!!! we can do this!!! sign, support, send

http://www.petitiononline.com/halo123/petition.html

SIGN THIS PETITION, 4000 signatures, lets get a Halo Movie, C'MON MARINES SIGN SIGN SIGN and SHARE, a million signatures strong for a Halo movie, we can do this!

:') We can do this guys, also, hop onto twitter and annoy the hell outta those company big wigs that get us all excited for halo movies and then let us down!!!

Sign this petition? Its for a halo movie :) if you have a twitter, tweet at HaloWayPoint and every other games/halo/movie related thing you can find

http://www.petitiononline.com/halo123/petition.html

If we shout loud enough, they will listen!!!
401148_153967774716475_100003097617337_225679_67601911_n.jpg

:) Just look at Remember Reach, or the Halo 3 and 4 trailers etc, and the movie teasers, if they can make them, and they were amazing!!! They can make us a movie, a damn good movie that will be a massive success!!!

SPREAD THE WORD GET SUPPORT

((in other news, Im starting the left forearm since I have it all cut out ... although Im tired and still ill so I might go to bed ... going on a campaign really takes it outta ya ... its worht it for halo!!!)

Thank you, guys, sorry for the absence, Ive been busy with school, just figured out I got a scholarshp that will not only cover my undergraduate education but also post graduate!!! Super excited, so Ive been working and stuff, but good news is Im ahead of scheduel now, so Ill finish up the other forearm and then make plans for the biceps :) WIll post pics up soon.

Also, for midterm my friend Luke from england is coming over to Ireland to stay with me and my family, so I will be busy for that week, hopefully after that i'll just finish up school and then ARMOUR ARMOUR ARMOUR!!!

Guys question, how exactly does the bondo/polyfiller work? Ill be starting that shortly, helmet is ready to go, so I wanna experiment since the weather here is starting to get springy xD

Bondo? That's easy, just mix, apply, let it dry, and SAND! You will repeat that proccess so many times you will hate it :)

Also, never apply too much, I usually do a few thin coats of filler instead of a big one, this will ensure more accuracy and less sanding. I also work by zones instead of filling the whole piece, because of the same, more accuracy less sanding.

Guys question, how exactly does the bondo/polyfiller work? Ill be starting that shortly, helmet is ready to go, so I wanna experiment since the weather here is starting to get springy xD

Google and/or YouTube are your best bet for this. For starters, thoroughly read the instructions/directions on the Bondo can. Look up tutorials to see how to properly mix it and apply it; there are plenty of people with lots of Bondo experience that show how. If pictures are worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a thousand pictures in this case.

They dont sell bondo in ireland but a guy in a store said polyfiller is the same thing :/ it comes in like a tin tub thingy ... doesnt look like it needs mixing ... I shall go investigate, thanks for the tips guys, but it will still be a little while before I can get thoroughly onto this ¬_¬ I hate starting things halfway through midsemester then going back to work in school lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back